News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Borgias  ( 1,141 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Borgias
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
Showtime: Sunday nights

I watched the first two hours last night. I really hope that this show becomes awesome because there is enough historical subject-matter to make a really interesting show. I thought the Tudors was one of the most boring shows I've ever seen because I already knew the story of Henry 8, knew I hated him, thought that snarly lipped dude was miscast as him and just hated the fucking show.

This story, I don't know so well, and I find it fascinating. Buying the Papacy and treating it like the fucking mob.

So in the first hour a lot of Cardinals got asshurt, a few people got killed, a few tiny breasts were exposed on some beautiful, but pale women. And I could give a shit about any of the characters so far. We're going to need to get deeper into these people's lives and psyches for any of this to hold up. Not stilted dialogue and great misgivings about all throats and sluts getting gashed all over the place and Gord will forgive us (wink). But actual people feeling like shit or not for all this vile stuff they be doin'.

Gonna give it one or two more episodes and then see what's what.

Grade: Incomplete
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Borgias
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 11, 2011, 12:10:19 PM

I watched the first two hours last night. I really hope that this show becomes awesome because there is enough historical subject-matter to make a really interesting show. I thought the Tudors was one of the most boring shows I've ever seen because I already knew the story of Henry 8, knew I hated him, thought that snarly lipped dude was miscast as him and just hated the fucking show.

This story, I don't know so well, and I find it fascinating. Buying the Papacy and treating it like the fucking mob.

So in the first hour a lot of Cardinals got asshurt, a few people got killed, a few tiny breasts were exposed on some beautiful, but pale women. And I could give a shit about any of the characters so far. We're going to need to get deeper into these people's lives and psyches for any of this to hold up. Not stilted dialogue and great misgivings about all throats and sluts getting gashed all over the place and Gord will forgive us (wink). But actual people feeling like shit or not for all this vile stuff they be doin'.

The first thing to remember about both the Tudors and the Borgias is that only in the broadest of the broad sense are they "historical." There's far more fiction than truth in em. That said, I always found the Tudors to be mildly entertaining and full of enough secks to make it worth watching for free. Natalie Dormer was unbelieveably sexy as Anne Bolelyn.

As for the Borgias, I agree that the first episode was pretty Meh. Let's see how this plays out.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 11, 2011, 01:03:18 PM

The first thing to remember about both the Tudors and the Borgias is that only in the broadest of the broad sense are they "historical." There's far more fiction than truth in em. That said, I always found the Tudors to be mildly entertaining and full of enough secks to make it worth watching for free. Natalie Dormer was unbelieveably sexy as Anne Bolelyn.

As for the Borgias, I agree that the first episode was pretty Meh. Let's see how this plays out.

Allegedly the Pope takes his son Cesare and his daughter Lucretia to an orgy. You know that scenes going to be in. I bet that creep bonse his sister too. Cesare might have rammed Leonardo DiVinci up the bum too. Stay tuned!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 11, 2011, 01:25:29 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 11, 2011, 01:03:18 PM

Allegedly the Pope takes his son Cesare and his daughter Lucretia to an orgy. You know that scenes going to be in. I bet that creep bonse his sister too. Cesare might have rammed Leonardo DiVinci up the bum too. Stay tuned!

Yeah, the incest is coming. The guy was hovering like an inch away from her face the entire episode. History. It's...creepy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
And so we come to the end of the second season of "The Sopranos"  with the head of the Mafia clan, Pope Alexander, coming to terms with the fact that his son, Cesare, has killed off his other son, Giovani, who has brought dishonor to the family.  How will he tell his mistress, the mother of both of his sons as well as their daughter Lucretia?   For that matter, how will he tell his other mistress?  He doesn't have to tell Lucretia, since she probably put Cesare up to it while they were expressing some extracurricular brotherly/sisterly love.
But will the Pope get to tell anyone, since his now deceased food taster just offed himself as part of a plot to poison Alexander?  Good clean and wholesome fun.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)