News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  ( 46,223 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2015, 09:43:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 01, 2015, 09:40:44 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:37:16 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 01, 2015, 08:16:16 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on May 31, 2015, 09:59:16 PM
That was amazing.

You're goddamned right it was. Holy shit. I know people are skeptical and shit, but that should be enough to say "Hey, I think we should worry about those white walker dudes"

Also, Dany and Tyrion from this day until my last day

For real. I was watching those D/T scenes thinking, damn, this episode has picked up a few notches from the last few. Then we saw Cersei getting mollywopped by the Sparrow Nun and I was just smirking and sipping wine like a fucking boss. You know, even the books yada-yada-yada'd the situation at Hardhome. And I swear I did not see that mess coming. I kind of hoped we'd see something exciting up there but man... the Giant, the White Walkers, the Night King himself going LeBron in Game 6 at Boston on the Freefolk and staring Jon down... woo.

The fast zombies don't really do much for me though. Like, I don't know. They were way creepier in season one when they just like Appeared and cut mugs heads off in the woods. These are kind of corny to me. They aren't like that in books. My only gripe but whatever, it's TV and everybody else seemed to dig that.

Same here. Also, and this is my same complaint with basically any modern-day action scenes, I didn't have a great grasp on the geography of the battle. Where exactly was that giant wooden wall - between the cliffs and the water? Maybe I'm just a dumbass but they didn't do enough to establish the where of everything.

But those are minor twat-gripes about an otherwise great episode.

I think we were left to deduce that ourselves. There had to be a wide shot of the camp that showed that fence. Maybe the last one?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7kkbpcgXI8

See if you can find the fence.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »
That was amazing.

You're goddamned right it was. Holy shit. I know people are skeptical and shit, but that should be enough to say "Hey, I think we should worry about those white walker dudes"

For real. I was watching those D/T scenes thinking, damn, this episode has picked up a few notches from the last few. Then we saw Cersei getting mollywopped by the Sparrow Nun and I was just smirking and sipping wine like a fucking boss. You know, even the books yada-yada-yada'd the situation at Hardhome. And I swear I did not see that mess coming. I kind of hoped we'd see something exciting up there but man... the Giant, the White Walkers, the Night King himself going LeBron in Game 6 at Boston on the Freefolk and staring Jon down... woo.

The fast zombies don't really do much for me though. Like, I don't know. They were way creepier in season one when they just like Appeared and cut mugs heads off in the woods. These are kind of corny to me. They aren't like that in books. My only gripe but whatever, it's TV and everybody else seemed to dig that.

Same here. Also, and this is my same complaint with basically any modern-day action scenes, I didn't have a great grasp on the geography of the battle. Where exactly was that giant wooden wall - between the cliffs and the water? Maybe I'm just a dumbass but they didn't do enough to establish the where of everything.

Yea, I pretty much assumed it was between cliffs and water.

If you were thrown off by where this was:

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2015, 10:13:10 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 01, 2015, 10:04:27 AM
That was amazing.

Yea, I pretty much assumed it was between cliffs and water.

If you were thrown off by where this was:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Hardhome?file=Hardhome_%2528episode%2529_.jpg

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
The fact that no one has posted in almost a month verifies for me that this show is sort of a drag after all.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2015, 01:07:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 29, 2015, 12:51:08 PM
The fact that no one has posted in almost a month verifies for me that this show is sort of a drag after all.

Incorrect

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2015, 02:11:40 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on June 29, 2015, 01:07:45 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 29, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

Incorrect

There's just so much talk about it all over the internet that it's not really needed here. Unless we moved this to the Book Club thread so that we could speak openly, I have decided to shy away from talking about this online. There is too much to spoil. Even now that the show has caught up with the books, I don't really want to talk about the show with noobs. And I'm sure they'd rather not talk about it with me.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2016, 11:48:27 AM »
Bumped for a new episode devoid of Book Spoliers, because they've now lapped Mr. Martin on the semi-canonical television series.

One thing the show is doing that Martin hadn't had much use for, is bringing the characters together for some on-screen adventure. A lot of it feels forced, like the hastily shot scene in Fellowship of the Ring where they all come together like Vultron, huzzah! Loud music! Smiles all around. And now... terrible stuff.

The scene at the end of Season 5 with Tyrion, Gray Worm and Missandei designated to hold the fort down while Jorah and Daario head out for their buddy cop flick, was horrible. It was Daario calling the shots and everybody just sitting around listening to the dude who is nothing but a hired killer fortunate enough to be banging the queen. I don't really mind the fact that they brought those characters together but the way they did it was just painful to watch. Who the fuck even cares about Daario?

But bringing Brienne together with Sansa was actually well conceived. Brienne is a great character on the show, under-written in the novels. Daario is interesting in neither.

Sending Bronn and Jamie to Dorne was pretty cool, because it meant more Bronn for our buck. Approved.

Ser Davos is a critical and fascinating character in the novels and I think they had too little for him to do in the show. The scenes with Stannis' daughter were meant to tug at heart strings so people would learn to adore him. I don't know if that worked for some people. They may still be like, "Who's that guy again?"  Putting him in with that doomed (I assume) group of Night's Watchmen gives his character something to do, providing sage counsel to a bunch of young foot soldiers with nowhere to turn. I really hope he survives this.

Tyrion and Varys together in Mereen is a home run. Jamie and Cersei reunited in King's Landing is so boring I watched the show twice and still don't think I paid attention to what they said. Jamie's mad and wants revenge on Dorne I take it? Meh.

Anyway, solid show. I'm happy with the direction of it. Let's see how it all plays out.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2016, 11:34:37 PM »
Well, that was expected and I am happy with it. I do love the L+R=J theory so I felt his death would have rendered that moot

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2016, 10:02:31 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 01, 2016, 11:34:37 PM
Well, that was expected and I am happy with it. I do love the L+R=J theory so I felt his death would have rendered that moot

What's uncertain is who/what brought Jon back. I'm not convinced the Red Woman did it. The Bloodraven has more power and skin in the Jon Snow game. He also has good reason to make everyone THINK the Red Woman did it since he'd like to remain a secret. I'm reasonably sure he's responsible for the Direwolves' appearance as well.

He's my favorite fucking character. This show is so badass.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 02, 2016, 10:02:31 AM

What's uncertain is who/what brought Jon back. I'm not convinced the Red Woman did it. The Bloodraven has more power and skin in the Jon Snow game. He also has good reason to make everyone THINK the Red Woman did it since he'd like to remain a secret. I'm reasonably sure he's responsible for the Direwolves' appearance as well.

There are a lot of theories as to who the Three Eyed Raven is supposed to be -- are you familiar with them?
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2016, 02:20:41 PM »
Why doesn't Karstark just shiv Ramsey now? Is the Bolten clan so in love with Ramsey that they would follow him blindly?

Karstark: "Ramsey had just killed his father, his father's wife, and his newborn son. Ramsey was unstable. I have removed that instability. There is now a Stark back in Winterfell!"

This story line is Soriano.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2016, 03:12:10 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 02, 2016, 02:20:41 PM
Why doesn't Karstark just shiv Ramsey now? Is the Bolten clan so in love with Ramsey that they would follow him blindly?

Karstark: "Ramsey had just killed his father, his father's wife, and his newborn son. Ramsey was unstable. I have removed that instability. There is now a Stark back in Winterfell!"

Karstark's don't like Starks anymore.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2016, 03:40:04 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 02, 2016, 03:12:10 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 02, 2016, 02:20:41 PM

Karstark's don't like Starks anymore.

I should have said, "There is now a "Stark" back in Winterfell!"

The whole Ramsey thing is just dumb.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 02, 2016, 11:58:57 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 02, 2016, 10:02:31 AM

There are a lot of theories as to who the Three Eyed Raven is supposed to be -- are you familiar with them?

I've read "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" so I know who he is supposed to be. Are we going down that rabbit hole? I'm game.