News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Believe!  ( 10,950 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Believe!
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:54:21 AM »
Five years ago today, we woke up with our KUBBIEZ 7.5 games out of first place at 17-22.. They responded by going 49-74 the rest of the season.

It's gonna hai?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Believe!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 18, 2011, 11:54:21 AM
Five years ago today, we woke up with our KUBBIEZ 7.5 games out of first place at 17-22.. They responded by going 49-74 the rest of the season.

It's gonna hai?

Maybe. But that team didn't have Starlin or Castro on it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 18, 2011, 12:06:09 PM

It's gonna hai?

Maybe. But that team didn't have Starlin or Castro on it.

But it doesn't have a single season hit champeen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »

It's gonna hai?

Sure, why not? But who'll punch A.J. Pierzynski in the face?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:42 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 18, 2011, 12:14:10 PM

It's gonna hai?

Sure, why not? But who'll punch A.J. Pierzynski in the face?

Do I have to take a number or is there a line?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »
Tell TDubbs  that I am going to start a thread entitled "Believe"  but I will use a question mark instead of an exclamation point.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 18, 2011, 12:21:55 PM
Tell TDubbs  that I am going to start a thread entitled "Believe"  but I will use a question mark instead of an exclamation point.

We don't talk to TDubbs.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 18, 2011, 12:21:55 PM

Will it be a thread about some shitty movie that just came out called "Believe?"?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

motown

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »

It's gonna hai?

Bruce Miles thinks it's gonna hai:

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/5704
Quote[The bottom line is you can make the case for firing Hendry and cleaning house up and down the organization. Hendry has been the GM since July 2002 and has won three division titles and only one playoff series. His proclamation at the 2007 Cubs convention of, "We're going to get good, and we're going to stay good," already is haunting him. What we're lookin' at ain't good these days.

But if you fire Hendry (and Fleita and Wilken follow him out the door) whom do you bring in, and do you trust Ricketts and team president Crane Kenney to hire the right people? Think about that for a sec.

Uplifting!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 03:49:16 PM »
Quote from: motown on May 18, 2011, 03:43:55 PM

It's gonna hai?

Quote[The bottom line is you can make the case for firing Hendry and cleaning house up and down the organization. Hendry has been the GM since July 2002 and has won three division titles and only one playoff series. His proclamation at the 2007 Cubs convention of, "We're going to get good, and we're going to stay good," already is haunting him. What we're lookin' at ain't good these days.

But if you fire Hendry (and Fleita and Wilken follow him out the door) whom do you bring in, and do you trust Ricketts and team president Crane Kenney to hire the right people? Think about that for a sec.

Uplifting!

This bizarre belief that they can't fire Hendry astounds me.  Seriously, the Cubs shouldn't fire a guy who's bad at his job because they might hire somebody that's worse?  What sort of Yellonesque logic is that?

Also, I still want to know where this whole "OMG Fleita and Wilken will leave if Hendry is fired" thing comes from.  Because it assumes that Hendry's going to immediately get another GM job and can then give these guys jobs comparable to the ones they have now with the Cubs.  Unless they're so loyal to Hendry that they plan on taking jobs as fry cooks when Jim opens his Harold's Chicken Shack franchise.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:05 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 18, 2011, 03:49:16 PM

It's gonna hai?

Uplifting!

This bizarre belief that they can't fire Hendry astounds me.  Seriously, the Cubs shouldn't fire a guy who's bad at his job because they might hire somebody that's worse?  What sort of Yellonesque logic is that?

Also, I still want to know where this whole "OMG Fleita and Wilken will leave if Hendry is fired" thing comes from.  Because it assumes that Hendry's going to immediately get another GM job and can then give these guys jobs comparable to the ones they have now with the Cubs.  Unless they're so loyal to Hendry that they plan on taking jobs as fry cooks when Jim opens his Harold's Chicken Shack franchise.

Why can't we fire crane kenney too, if he's too dumb to make a good decision?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 18, 2011, 03:59:05 PM

It's gonna hai?

Uplifting!

Because then Ricketts might hire somebody WORSE!

DAMN YOU RICKETTS!

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 18, 2011, 04:00:20 PM

It's gonna hai?

Uplifting!

DAMN YOU RICKETTS!

FIRE EVERYONE!

HIRE NO ONE!
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »

It's gonna hai?

Uplifting!

Because then Ricketts might will hire somebody WORSE!

DAMN YOU RICKETTS!

Fix'ed

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 08:59:39 PM »

It's gonna hai?

Uplifting!

I really don't think that's possible, but I'm so shell-shocked by these early returns that I don't want to tempt fate by pretending to be so sure.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs