News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Doctor Who  ( 8,646 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Doctor Who
« on: May 21, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »
Started watching the new season but I may go back and start from where this cast took over. Because Karen Gillan is so goddamn attractive.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
I continue to maintain that they should have hired Joe Cocker.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 21, 2011, 11:28:49 PM
Started watching the new season but I may go back and start from where this cast took over. Because Karen Gillan is so goddamn attractive.

You should anyway, because it's excellent television.

And because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KAREN GILLAN IS SO GODDAMN ATTRACTIVE.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:25:10 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 22, 2011, 12:32:39 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 21, 2011, 11:28:49 PM

You should anyway, because it's excellent television.

And because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KAREN GILLAN IS SO GODDAMN ATTRACTIVE.

I think they've got her first season on Netflix but I'm going to have to sort through it myself.

JFC she's hot.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
Two more down, 106 to go.

"Galaxy 4" is a solid find, but it's like they're mocking us by rolling out an episode from "The Underwater Menace."  Easily the worst Troughton episode and among the worst episodes to carry the Doctor Who name.

It's sort of redeemed because Anneke Wills was so goddam attractive and because it has some of the most unintentionally hilarious dialogue ever.

QuoteThe Doctor: Just one small question: Why do you want to blow up the world?

Zaroff: Why? You, a scientist, ask me why? The achievement, my dear Doctor. The destruction of the world. The scientist's dream of supreme power!
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »

I would say something about how none of those clothes match, but she's hot enough that I actually don't care.

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 12:48:54 AM »
I cannot believe that Matt Smith wears clip-on suspenders.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:21:12 PM »
9 more down, 97 to go.

"Web of Fear" is obviously the one that will get the most attention and it'll be great to have it back.  But I think "Enemy of the World" will see a bit of a rebound, as the missing episodes had the helicopter explosion and Patrick Troughton fighting himself.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 10:11:48 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on October 10, 2013, 07:21:12 PM
9 more down, 97 to go.

"Web of Fear" is obviously the one that will get the most attention and it'll be great to have it back.  But I think "Enemy of the World" will see a bit of a rebound, as the missing episodes had the helicopter explosion and Patrick Troughton fighting himself.

I'm looking forward to both, but yeah, Enemy of the World is intriguing.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 06:33:44 PM »
"Day of the Doctor" Prequel

I don't like them shoehorning in a new Doctor in after the fact. I wanted the big reveal to be that John Hurt was the Valeyard.

This lead-in makes me hate the idea a lot less.  Plus Paul McGann is kind of awesome in it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 15, 2013, 06:33:44 PM
"Day of the Doctor" Prequel

I don't like them shoehorning in a new Doctor in after the fact. I wanted the big reveal to be that John Hurt was the Valeyard.

This lead-in makes me hate the idea a lot less.  Plus Paul McGann is kind of awesome in it.

Makes me wish he had been given better material to work with.

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »
That was really fun and some of the best stuff we've seen from the franchise since they brought it back, but it really was all about NuWho instead of  being a 50th anniversary celebration.

Bring on Peter Capaldi.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 25, 2013, 10:01:53 AM
That was really fun and some of the best stuff we've seen from the franchise since they brought it back, but it really was all about NuWho instead of  being a 50th anniversary celebration.

Bring on Peter Capaldi.

I agree 100%. It was more an episode that tied into the 50th a bit than a celebration, but it was about as good an episode as the show has ever done.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »
I'm new to the Doctor Who thing, and I really like it even though there are clunker episodes every now and then. I've seen all the Matt Smiths and a bunch of the David Tennants. Karen Gillan is gone, but Jenna Coleman ain't too shabby.

One of the reasons I avoided getting into the show was I didn't know where to start. All week leading up to the 50th special they were playing half hour long retrospectives on each Doctor, and they were a nice quick overview on the history of the show.

Anyway.... I'm no expert, but the 50th Anniversary special was a damn good hour and twenty minutes of TV.

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »
I thought it had a pretty good setup with a mostly crap payoff.  The narrator told us all the interesting things that were happening (the Doctor and the Silence team up!) without actually showing them to us.  And then they decided they really needed to show us the Doctor sending away Clara twice.

Still, Matt Smith's last scene made it worth it and I think I'm going to like Capaldi.