Desipio Message Board
September 30, 2014, 11:00:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  (Read 17241 times)
Armchair_QB
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

Pre-Snap Read Previews
35. Northwestern (will update with link when posted tonight)
38. Iowa
41. Michigan State
57. Illinois
59. Northern Illinois
76. Purdue
92. Minnesota
103. Indiana
TBA: LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

Which ones did I miss?

Arkansas State

Never forget.

I'm predicting a HOWL-ing good time for the A-State Red Wolves, y'all...DANG!

If I know anything about Arkansas State, the jokes in the preview will be drier than the county the school resides in.

The county line is only about 20 minutes away.  And how many people can say they've been on a bona fide beer run?

Speaking from experience, it's possible to purchase beer in Jonesboro.

Resident moran
JD
I feel like 30 million dollars.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

A JD you can get sweaty with and high 5!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 03:05:54 PM »

Pre-Snap Read Previews
38. Iowa
41. Michigan State
57. Illinois
59. Northern Illinois
76. Purdue
92. Minnesota
103. Indiana

Which ones did I miss?

Arkansas State

Never forget.

If I know anything about Arkansas State, the jokes in the preview will be drier than the county the school resides in.

The county line is only about 20 minutes away.  And how many people can say they've been on a bona fide beer run?

Yeah.  From restaurants or "clubs" or such.  What are you?  Some kind of richie?

Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.
Shooter
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »

Pre-Snap Read Previews
38. Iowa
41. Michigan State
57. Illinois
59. Northern Illinois
76. Purdue
92. Minnesota
103. Indiana

Which ones did I miss?

Arkansas State

Never forget.

Armchair_QB
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 05:54:12 PM »

Pre-Snap Read Previews
38. Iowa
41. Michigan State
57. Illinois
59. Northern Illinois
76. Purdue
92. Minnesota
103. Indiana

Which ones did I miss?

Arkansas State

Never forget.

Yeah.  From restaurants or "clubs" or such.  What are you?  Some kind of richie?

Hey, I only spent one night there and got out as fast as I could. Didn't realize you couldn't buy it in stores.

Resident moran
flannj
Fukakke Fan Club

"Knew your father, I did"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »

Pre-Snap Read Previews
38. Iowa
41. Michigan State
57. Illinois
59. Northern Illinois
76. Purdue
92. Minnesota
103. Indiana

Which ones did I miss?

Arkansas State

Never forget.

The county line is only about 20 minutes away.  And how many people can say they've been on a bona fide beer run?

Really?

Try the late 1970's going to school in a town that serves just 3.2 and you possess the only legitimate ID amongst your idiot "friends".

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:59:53 PM by flannj » Logged

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen
flannj
Fukakke Fan Club

"Knew your father, I did"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »

In Ohio.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

seam
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »

Miami is fucking screwed. The guy bought Devin Hester's engagement ring. Kellen Winslow, Jr. crashed the dude's jet ski. He spent a couple million (he has receipts and photos for everything) on illegal gifts to dozens of the university's best players over eight years. This is SMU-style shit. They may get the death penalty. At the very least they're going to make Ohio State and USC look like they got off easy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=545

"Plummer, in 1999, "contributed" 1,017 fewer yards to the Cardinals than the league average QB would have brought to the table. As far as modern seasons go, Plummer's '99 stands as the worst."
Richard Chuggar
TJG is back!
Fukakke Fan Club

Bonerific.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 05:12:40 AM »

Miami is fucking screwed. The guy bought Devin Hester's engagement ring. Kellen Winslow, Jr. crashed the dude's jet ski. He spent a couple million (he has receipts and photos for everything) on illegal gifts to dozens of the university's best players over eight years. This is SMU-style shit. They may get the death penalty. At the very least they're going to make Ohio State and USC look like they got off easy.

Is this a surprise?  There are probably 50 other schools that do the exact same thing.  Who cares?

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »

Is this a surprise?  There are probably 50 other schools that do the exact same thing.  Who cares?

Yes, thanks for quoting Meatball College Football Fan Axiom #2, but the point is that they got caught with hard evidence worse than anything the NCAA has seen since SMU in 1987. If they get the "lack of institutional control" label thrown on them the whole program could be going up in smoke.

"Plummer, in 1999, "contributed" 1,017 fewer yards to the Cardinals than the league average QB would have brought to the table. As far as modern seasons go, Plummer's '99 stands as the worst."
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

Yes, thanks for quoting Meatball College Football Fan Axiom #2, but the point is that they got caught with hard evidence worse than anything the NCAA has seen since SMU in 1987. If they get the "lack of institutional control" label thrown on them the whole program could be going up in smoke.

What does oleg have to do with this?
CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 08:36:29 AM »

Eh, I agree with TDubbs here.  In the last 15 years I swear there have been at least 5 college football scandals labled as "worse than SMU".

I'd be surprised if any school ever gets the "death penalty" again.
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 08:49:46 AM »

Eh, I agree with TDubbs here.  In the last 15 years I swear there have been at least 5 college football scandals labled as "worse than SMU".

I'd be surprised if any school ever gets the "death penalty" again.

I don't think they'll ever use the death penalty again either, but the actual violations committed are the most egregious since then. This isn't just catching Reggie Bush living like a king, this is practically every star player Miami's had in decade caught with hard evidence. I'd say we're going to see much tougher punishments than what they levelled at USC at least. Probably a very significant bowl ban and a reduction of scholarships to the point that they're removed from contending for a significant time period.

Waco Kid
Fukakke Fan Club

Tremendously tremendous

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »

It maybe meatball, but it's true. USC was the worst, until Ohio State became the worst, and now Miami is the worst. This is not counting the Auburns, Oregons, North Carolinas, etc.
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »

This seems worse than the recent scandals. There is a huge list of players getting more than tattoos. This is a big deal and I'm excited to see all the fallout.

College football is great but the NCAA has done their best to make sure it's as corrupt and backward as FIFA.

Shit, the NCAA is America's FIFA.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35
  Print  

Jump to: