News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread  ( 69,744 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 NCAA/BigTen Football Thread
« Reply #405 on: January 10, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »
Quote from: BH on January 10, 2012, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: Brownie on January 10, 2012, 08:29:09 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 10, 2012, 08:03:05 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 09, 2012, 10:54:17 PM
That game was all kinds of awful.

College sports are terrible.

This. Especially college football. Its system for finding a champion is replicated only by boxing, and I don't know if I can definitively say which sport is more crooked. Maybe LSU and Alabama should play for a national title, but the lack of a tournament sucks. I'm sure the game enjoyed nice ratings in Montgomery, Birmingham and New Orleans, but for me the Bulls-Pistons game gave me a much higher entertainment value -- and it was a 24-point blowout!

There were three games at the Superdome in the past week. The Saints-Lions game wasn't even the best NFL game that weekend, yet it was better-played, more entertaining, more honest, and more relevant to a true championship than last night's game.

How are football games honest? Did you mean sincere?

Perhaps he meant that during the NFL game nobody claimed that the players were amatuer student-athletes who play for the love of their school and the wonderful education they are getting and don't need anything else.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 10, 2012, 11:10:37 AM

This. Especially college football. Its system for finding a champion is replicated only by boxing, and I don't know if I can definitively say which sport is more crooked. Maybe LSU and Alabama should play for a national title, but the lack of a tournament sucks. I'm sure the game enjoyed nice ratings in Montgomery, Birmingham and New Orleans, but for me the Bulls-Pistons game gave me a much higher entertainment value -- and it was a 24-point blowout!

There were three games at the Superdome in the past week. The Saints-Lions game wasn't even the best NFL game that weekend, yet it was better-played, more entertaining, more honest, and more relevant to a true championship than last night's game.

Perhaps he meant that during the NFL game nobody claimed that the players were amatuer student-athletes who play for the love of their school and the wonderful education they are getting and don't need anything else.

Agreed. We should just have Gil predict the college football top 25 every year at the beginning of the season and leave it at that. It's be no less accurate than the current system.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: January 11, 2012, 09:03:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 11, 2012, 08:47:23 AM

Agreed. We should just have Gil predict the college football top 25 every year at the beginning of the season and leave it at that. It's be no less accurate than the current system.

Would I need a giant lock or a comically oversized shoe? Maybe something different?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 11, 2012, 09:03:25 AM

Would I need a giant lock or a comically oversized shoe? Maybe something different?

Both. The former for your list of the teams most likely to make the BCS bowls and the latter for your list of the teams most likely to underachieve.

(I know it sounds like a lot of work to write two lists, but don't fret. The teams will mostly be the same on both.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: January 11, 2012, 09:32:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 11, 2012, 09:25:54 AM

Both. The former for your list of the teams most likely to make the BCS bowls and the latter for your list of the teams most likely to underachieve.

(I know it sounds like a lot of work to write two lists, but don't fret. The teams will mostly be the same on both.)

Also, we need your pick for Attorney General.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 11, 2012, 09:32:55 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 11, 2012, 09:25:54 AM

Also, we need your pick for Attorney General.

Can we just extend Eric Holder and Janet Reno bids to next year's Orange Bowl and call it a day?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2012, 10:57:27 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: January 23, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »

Penn State football touched a lot of people?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: January 23, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 23, 2012, 09:37:54 AM

Penn State football touched a lot of people?

Yes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: February 06, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
The Big 10 serves notice to the BCS: You are done and we're taking the money for ourselves.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-big-ten-idea-a-college-football-playoff-with-home-games-20120206,0,6394971,full.story

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: February 06, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 06, 2012, 04:45:48 PM
The Big 10 serves notice to the BCS: You are done and we're taking the money for ourselves.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-big-ten-idea-a-college-football-playoff-with-home-games-20120206,0,6394971,full.story

"The Big Ten is open and curious."

(Well, until graduation at least.)

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: February 07, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
Seriously, just eat a gun already you sick fuck.

Pennsylvania state prosecutors are seeking changes in Jerry Sandusky's bail conditions after getting complaints he's been watching children in a nearby schoolyard from the back porch of his home, where he's on house arrest awaiting trial on child molestation charges.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on February 07, 2012, 03:45:23 PM

Pennsylvania state prosecutors are seeking changes in Jerry Sandusky's bail conditions after getting complaints he's been watching children in a nearby schoolyard from the back porch of his home, where he's on house arrest awaiting trial on child molestation charges.

And more.

QuoteSandusky, who is under home confinement, asked the court last month to amend his bail conditions. He's seeking permission to have supervised visits with his grandchildren in his home and to leave his residence to assist his attorneys in locating potential defense witnesses.

In a separate filing today, prosecutors asked the court to alter Sandusky's bail terms to prevent him from leaving the confines of his home without his supervising electronic- monitoring officer.

The state also asked the court to deny his request for visits with his grandchildren, saying that the wife of Sandusky's son Matthew Sandusky "strenuously" objects to her three children having contact with the former coach. Prosecutors cited concerns for the safety of children from an elementary school adjacent to Sandusky's house.

Sandusky "should be in jail," prosecutors said in the filing. "He has been granted the privilege of being confined in his own home. House arrest is not meant to be a house party."

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: February 07, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »
Quote from: flannj on February 07, 2012, 04:18:22 PM
Quote from: PenPho on February 07, 2012, 03:45:23 PM

And more.

QuoteSandusky, who is under home confinement, asked the court last month to amend his bail conditions. He's seeking permission to have supervised visits with his grandchildren in his home and to leave his residence to assist his attorneys in locating potential defense witnesses.

In a separate filing today, prosecutors asked the court to alter Sandusky's bail terms to prevent him from leaving the confines of his home without his supervising electronic- monitoring officer.

The state also asked the court to deny his request for visits with his grandchildren, saying that the wife of Sandusky's son Matthew Sandusky "strenuously" objects to her three children having contact with the former coach. Prosecutors cited concerns for the safety of children from an elementary school adjacent to Sandusky's house.

Sandusky "should be in jail," prosecutors said in the filing. "He has been granted the privilege of being confined in his own home. House arrest is not meant to be a house party."

What's this "presumption of innocence" b.s.?  We want to start punishing him before he is convicted.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)