News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  ( 46,149 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2011, 02:50:34 AM »
So, anyway, I bought Fallout and never really got into it - I just couldn't get comfortable with the combat system, and it wasn't a lot of fun.  So, when STonk went away on a course, a week ago, I treated myself to Red Dead Redemption, and have played the tits off it ever since.  What a game.  It's extremely playable, absolutely huge and great fun - and the acting is absolutely top fucking drawer.  If you haven't got round to buying this yet, you should.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 23, 2011, 02:50:34 AM
So, anyway, I bought Fallout and never really got into it - I just couldn't get comfortable with the combat system, and it wasn't a lot of fun.  So, when STonk went away on a course, a week ago, I treated myself to Red Dead Redemption, and have played the tits off it ever since.  What a game.  It's extremely playable, absolutely huge and great fun - and the acting is absolutely top fucking drawer.  If you haven't got round to buying this yet, you should.

I'm with you.  I love the idea of all of Bethesda's games, but I'm way too easily distracted by sidequests and all of that nonsense.  It took me forever to finish Fallout 3, and I'm resigned to the fact that I will never finish Oblivion.  But I played the hell out of Red Dead Redemption.  The multiplayer is even great fun.  And the Undead Nightmare pack is worth every penny.  It's a huge amount of content for the price.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 05, 2011, 11:49:38 AM

I'm with you.  I love the idea of all of Bethesda's games, but I'm way too easily distracted by sidequests and all of that nonsense.  It took me forever to finish Fallout 3, and I'm resigned to the fact that I will never finish Oblivion.  But I played the hell out of Red Dead Redemption.  The multiplayer is even great fun.  And the Undead Nightmare pack is worth every penny.  It's a huge amount of content for the price.

I think they're are still a ton of side missions I have to finish in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  I want to say I was able to finish Oblivion, but I don't know for sure.

This coming Friday, however, Skyrim comes out.  It took the designers of the game 2 and a half hours to finish it, whereas it took them about an hour and change to finish Oblivion.  This should be huge.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 05, 2011, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on November 05, 2011, 11:49:38 AM

I think they're are still a ton of side missions I have to finish in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  I want to say I was able to finish Oblivion, but I don't know for sure.

This coming Friday, however, Skyrim comes out.  It took the designers of the game 2 and a half hours to finish it, whereas it took them about an hour and change to finish Oblivion.  This should be huge.

Skyrim looks incredible, meaning I should stay far, far away from it.