News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Terra Nova  ( 2,057 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Terra Nova
« on: September 27, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »
Not terrible.  Looks expensive, so I imagine they need consistently high ratings for Murdoch to keep it on the air.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Terra Nova
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:13:57 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 27, 2011, 09:27:30 AM
Not terrible.  Looks expensive, so I imagine they need consistently high ratings for Murdoch to keep it on the air.

Pan Am was better
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »
I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out how a network would green-light an expensive meditation on the theme of Little Stargate on the Prarie. Fuck me, just make up a backstory and get Christopher Judge yesterday.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on September 27, 2011, 09:27:30 AM

how does it stack up to the EV3NT so far?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »
The most recent episode was particularly slapdash. Aside from telescoping the resolution from a mile away, the buildup in which Soldier Romeo and Leftoonent Whatshername forebodingly seem to know what's going on is completely tossed aside. Perhaps somebody realized that it wouldn't make any goddamned sense anyway.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
Terra Nomore.

NEW YORK (AP) — The prehistoric drama "Terra Nova" is history on Fox.

The network said late Monday it is dropping the pricey sci-fi series after a single season.

The ambitious series, filmed in Australia with expensive special effects, got a lukewarm reception from viewers despite high anticipation from sci-fi fans. It averaged less than 8 million viewers weekly.

The series followed a family on its journey back to prehistoric Earth on a mission to save the human race. It starred Jason O'Mara and Stephen Lang, with behind-the-scenes principals including Steven Spielberg.

"Terra Nova" was announced in May 2010, but production problems led to repeated delays in its debut.

Jason O'Mara declared the show's fate to his Twitter followers Monday night, tweeting, "Bad news, guys. Terra Nova has been canceled by Fox."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 06, 2012, 12:13:44 PM
Terra Nomore.

The network said late Monday it is dropping the pricey sci-fi series after a single season.

The ambitious series, filmed in Australia with expensive special effects, got a lukewarm reception from viewers despite high anticipation from sci-fi fans. It averaged less than 8 million viewers weekly.

The series followed a family on its journey back to prehistoric Earth on a mission to save the human race. It starred Jason O'Mara and Stephen Lang, with behind-the-scenes principals including Steven Spielberg.

"Terra Nova" was announced in May 2010, but production problems led to repeated delays in its debut.

Jason O'Mara declared the show's fate to his Twitter followers Monday night, tweeting, "Bad news, guys. Terra Nova has been canceled by Fox."

I think "Terra OVAH!" might have been better.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 11:32:27 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 06, 2012, 12:27:50 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 06, 2012, 12:13:44 PM
Terra Nomore.

I think "Terra OVAH!" might have been better.

They're mailing plastic dinosaurs to Netflix.