Desipio Message Board
July 29, 2014, 01:49:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Really Shitty Thread Title of 2011-2012 Cubs Offseason  (Read 6347 times)
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2012, 12:45:53 AM »

I'm really enjoying the asshurt this is causing.

It's a fucking DRAWING.

I'm pretty sure the finished product isn't going to look like a Family Circus.

JD
I feel like 30 million dollars.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

A JD you can get sweaty with and high 5!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »

I like it.  Now, I'm waiting for them to get rid of the stupid bricks. 

Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.
Powdered Toast Man
Fukakke Fan Club

Grab ahold of my buttocks!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

It's a mini Green-Ivy Monster.  Fuck Theo and his Boston ways.

Question:  Where is the homerun barrier?  Is it still over the basket or is it raised now?

IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »

Question:  Where is the homerun barrier?  Is it still over the basket or is it raised now?

It won't change the basket or anything about the distance needed to hit a home run.

CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »

It won't change the basket or anything about the distance needed to hit a home run.

Although according to Slak's drawing, you will apparently be able to retrieve balls from the basket using a fishing rod.
Richard Chuggar
TJG is back!
Fukakke Fan Club

Bonerific.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »

Although according to Slak's drawing, you will apparently be able to retrieve balls from the basket using a fishing rod.

What's the big deal?  It looks like a great idea and some real fun could be had out there.  They're going to be so awful this year, at least there will be a central location to drink overpriced Bood Lights and hit on 23 year old girls. 

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.
Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »

What's the big deal?  It looks like a great idea and some real fun could be had out there.  They're going to be so awful this year, at least there will be a central location to drink overpriced Bood Lights and hit on 23 year old girls. 
It's not a big deal. I'm just a little surprised that this doesn't interfere with the bleachers landmark status.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »

It's not a big deal. I'm just a little surprised that this doesn't interfere with the bleachers landmark status.

It's off to the side of the landmark.

I enjoy the fact that it will be a provider of in-game information that will be unavailable to the Bleacher dwellers.

TIME TO POST!
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »

It's off to the side of the landmark.

I enjoy the fact that it will be a provider of in-game information that will be unavailable to the Bleacher dwellers.

It provides a place to drink.  Something sorely needed at Wrigley Stadium.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Actually, the best place for a Jumbotron is in the middle of the scoreboard. Unfortunately, chances of that happening are sub-zero.

TIME TO POST!
Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »

As suspected, not approved yet.
thehawk
Johnny Evers Fan Club

HoF

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

As suspected, not approved yet.

After reading that article I'm still not sure that Landmark commission approval is required, but it sure makes good politics for them to do so (especially as other elements of the 'Fenway Model' will require city approval (and will likely mean some sore feelings on the part of the rooftop owners).

And then we will just give them a condescending pat on the head and say "that's nice fellows, but you see, this is the CUBS.  Which mean it actually matters now."
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »

Apparently the Cachorros de Chicago are the most interested in Yovanni Centipede or whatever the fuck his name is.

http://www.diariolibre.com/deportes/2012/01/16/i320706_yoeni-cespedes-cubano-aguilas-cibaenas.html

Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »

Apparently the Cachorros de Chicago are the most interested in Yovanni Centipede or whatever the fuck his name is.

http://www.diariolibre.com/deportes/2012/01/16/i320706_yoeni-cespedes-cubano-aguilas-cibaenas.html

żEs verdad?

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know he’s clean

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2012, 12:50:27 AM »

żEs verdad?

I'm not buying anything until it's blogged by Fidel.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: