News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread  ( 16,339 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
Thanks Tony! Without you we might be one game away from another St. Louis championship.

How do you feel about that game tonight, Tony?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »
Let's make a list.

1. Brought in Lynn to intentionally walk a batter, then took him out.
2. Tried to hit and run with Albert Pujols at the plate and Allen Craig at first, several times, trailing by two, in the ninth inning, before the inevitable strike-'em-out-throw-'em-out finally happened.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:37:02 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 24, 2011, 11:18:44 PM
Let's make a list.

1. Brought in Lynn to intentionally walk a batter, then took him out.
2. Tried to hit and run with Albert Pujols at the plate and Allen Craig at first, several times, trailing by two, in the ninth inning, before the inevitable strike-'em-out-throw-'em-out finally happened.

3. Blamed his bullpen coach for No. 1. Said he wanted to bring in Motte but his bullpen coach misunderstood him because the crowd was so loud and got Lynn up instead and you can't see the bullpen from the dugout so he didn't know Lynn was warming up until he walked out of the bullpen. Seriously.

Fucking dick.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:17:08 AM »
I really just wanted to make sure that gif lived on forever.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 09:35:49 AM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:09 AM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:44:27 AM »
Between the Genius giftwrapping another game and Chris Pronger damn near losing an eye, last night was fucking magical.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 10:49:56 AM »
Someone should have hung this by the bullpen...

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Nobody's buying the shit the Genius is selling.

Everyone goes under the bus, including those who don't fit:

This is what La Russa and the Cardinals want you to believe: First, that the Cardinals twice had the wrong pitcher in the game in the decisive eighth inning, and that it happened because the crowd at Rangers Ballpark was so loud that bullpen coach Derek Lilliquist couldn't hear La Russa correctly on the bullpen phone -- twice. Second, that when Allen Craig was thrown out trying to steal in the seventh inning, setting up Rangers manager Ron Washington's third consecutive intentional walk of Albert Pujols, Craig was running because Pujols himself had put on a hit-and-run play, then didn't swing at Alexi Ogando's pitch because it was too far off the plate."

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »
We were season ticket holders in Oakland during the GENIUS era.  I grew to hate the Genius for coming out of the duggout three or four times in the same inning for a pitching change in a game with a 5 run difference.  I wish I were exaggerating.  I was grateful for the designated hitter rule because the double switch was one less area where I had to endure his brilliance.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 25, 2011, 12:56:44 PM
Nobody's buying the shit the Genius is selling.

Everyone goes under the bus, including those who don't fit:

This is what La Russa and the Cardinals want you to believe: First, that the Cardinals twice had the wrong pitcher in the game in the decisive eighth inning, and that it happened because the crowd at Rangers Ballpark was so loud that bullpen coach Derek Lilliquist couldn't hear La Russa correctly on the bullpen phone -- twice. Second, that when Allen Craig was thrown out trying to steal in the seventh inning, setting up Rangers manager Ron Washington's third consecutive intentional walk of Albert Pujols, Craig was running because Pujols himself had put on a hit-and-run play, then didn't swing at Alexi Ogando's pitch because it was too far off the plate."

Pujols is raising more red flags than you'd see at a Warsaw Pact meeting. First, he botches the cutoff throw, costing Game 2, causing him to flee the reporters. After his Sosa-esque 3 HR performance in Game 3, he was a big zero in Game 4. Yesterday, he nearly ran through a stop sign and called at least 1, if not 2 hit and runs.