News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 156,995 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 16, 2014, 04:04:16 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 03:48:33 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of annoying, unbearable fanbase we'll become. What will be our hallmark?

SNL will do skits with DA SUPERFANS beating the shit out of wimpy Cubs fans not knowing what to do with their elf loathing.

And if there's one thing true Cubs fans hate, it's fucking elves.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 16, 2014, 04:06:59 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of annoying, unbearable fanbase we'll become. What will be our hallmark?

SNL will do skits with DA SUPERFANS beating the shit out of wimpy Cubs fans not knowing what to do with their elf loathing.

The elves accent the challenge
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2014, 04:09:23 PM »
I expect we'll become insufferable by talking about how we deserved this for all our suffering over the years. And all the Huards will call anyone who doesn't remember the entire 1981 starting lineup bandwagon jumpers.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 16, 2014, 04:07:29 PM

Elf Loathing would be a killer band name

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 16, 2014, 04:09:23 PM
I expect we'll become insufferable by talking about how we deserved this for all our suffering over the years. And all the Huards will call anyone who doesn't remember the entire 1981 starting lineup bandwagon jumpers.

All these corporate types and hot girls and oblivious bros at Wrigley are ruining the experience for everyone!

Yes, I remember 2003-2009ish as well.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 16, 2014, 03:43:17 PM
Revolting. But just imagine how awful our fans are going to be when the Cubs get good. I hope everybody who claims they're going to quit watching this team for good during the rebuild is completely serious.

That's as likely as Alvin steadfastly saying he never liked The Plan as the Cubs finally win the whole fucking think.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 04:11:26 PM

They could open for the Killer Dwarfs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2014, 04:46:48 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 16, 2014, 04:45:10 PM

Not a single joke about Oleg?

I don't even know you guys any more.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: July 16, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
Quote from: Fork on July 16, 2014, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 16, 2014, 04:45:10 PM

Not a single joke about Oleg?

I don't even know you guys any more.

Who?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2014, 06:10:33 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 16, 2014, 04:09:23 PM

Meh.  Bandwagoners came out in droves after '84 and I've grown accustomed to them.

I mean, I already hate 90% of my own fellow fanbase, I don't see how the Cubs winning a World Series is going to move that needle any.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 16, 2014, 03:59:16 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on July 16, 2014, 03:43:17 PM
Revolting. But just imagine how awful our fans are going to be when the Cubs get good. I hope everybody who claims they're going to quit watching this team for good during the rebuild is completely serious.

I said when Theo was hired I can't wait until people hate the cubs because their fans are arrogant as hell instead of because they're a mickey mouse organization full of buffoons and losers.

I look forward to it.

There's a big difference though right? Like the Red Sox got wealthy and excellent and their fans still tried that whole we're the shining beacon of light to the Evil Empire's Endless Overflowing Coffers bullshit and everyone saw through it and finally realized holy shit these people are from BOSTON we should have hated them forever.

St Louis is good but also their fans think there's some kind of purity in the way the org does everything top down and it's disgusting.

Cubs fans don't think the org is great and they don't think they're better than other fans, that I know of.

Our hallmark will be not knowing how baseball works but talking about it incessantly like we're entitled to have our opinions heard because we suffered for sooooo long and now fuck you.

It will be repeatedly demanding answers re: Who owns the Cubs?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
See, here's how it's gonna go down:

The Cubs will win the NLCS, advancing to the World Series.  That in itself is going to be followed by a national media firestorm the likes of which have not been seen in decades. 

Then, they will play the World Series.  It will likely be the highest rated World Series since the demise of network television.  They will win. Time will stop. 

Naturally, there will be a huge parade/rally in Chicago which will likely make the streets impassable for a day or two. The eyes of the baseball universe will be on the City for the next month, in which local and national television broadcasts will recount the Cubs history ad nauseam, nursing homes will be searched in hopes of finding somebody to interview who has been alive for multiple Cubs World Championships, several sets of obnoxious new parents will claim that their baby was born .3 seconds after Kris Bryant's walk off home run cleared the fence and thus their child is the first born into a world that knows the Chicago Cubs as world champions.  Also, Grant Deporter will coax Kobiashi out of retirement to face off against Joey Chestnut to see which of them can eat a whole goat in the shortest amount of time. 

Throughout this, of course, there will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth from a couple of fanbases...

Sox fans: The Cubs don't deserve all this attention, we won the World Series first!
Cards fans: The Cubs don't deserve all this attention, we won several World Series!

And then we will just give them a condescending pat on the head and say "that's nice fellows, but you see, this is the CUBS.  Which mean it actually matters now."

At least, that's my plan.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 17, 2014, 10:00:47 AM

The Cubs will win the NLCS, advancing to the World Series.  That in itself is going to be followed by a national media firestorm the likes of which have not been seen in decades. 

Then, they will play the World Series.  It will likely be the highest rated World Series since the demise of network television.  They will win. Time will stop. 

Naturally, there will be a huge parade/rally in Chicago which will likely make the streets impassable for a day or two. The eyes of the baseball universe will be on the City for the next month, in which local and national television broadcasts will recount the Cubs history ad nauseam, nursing homes will be searched in hopes of finding somebody to interview who has been alive for multiple Cubs World Championships, several sets of obnoxious new parents will claim that their baby was born .3 seconds after Kris Bryant's walk off home run cleared the fence and thus their child is the first born into a world that knows the Chicago Cubs as world champions.  Also, Grant Deporter will coax Kobiashi out of retirement to face off against Joey Chestnut to see which of them can eat a whole goat in the shortest amount of time. 

Throughout this, of course, there will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth from a couple of fanbases...

Sox fans: The Cubs don't deserve all this attention, we won the World Series first!
Cards fans: The Cubs don't deserve all this attention, we won several World Series!

And then we will just give them a condescending pat on the head and say "that's nice fellows, but you see, this is the CUBS.  Which mean it actually matters now."

co-signed.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »

Looks like I got myself a new signature...
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2014, 10:45:27 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on July 17, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

Looks like I got myself a new signature...

Which mean we're all going to forget how to speak English. Which make sense because we'll all be drunk then.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.