News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 156,995 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #405 on: June 16, 2015, 04:39:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 16, 2015, 03:45:58 PM
DPD- I do love how hilariously wrong the author of that article about Jocketty getting fired turned out to be, criticizing the firing of Jocketty due to "meddling ownership" when clearly hiring Mozeliak and Luhnow to fix their farm system and emphasize statistical analysis clearly was the right move as its allowed them to have sustained success to this day.  The fart noise he makes when he dismisses Neal Huntington's chances of rebuilding Pittsburgh is equally amusing.

Also this was fun: Chris Duncan the frontline player. Who was out of baseball two years after this was written.

QuoteOn the other hand, a big part of Jocketty's undoing with DeWitt was the failure of the Cardinals' farm system to develop any pitchers in a decade and only two frontline players, catcher Yadier Molina and outfielder Chris Duncan, in recent years.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: June 16, 2015, 04:44:03 PM »
At least some (not all, those fun-ruiners) of the Best Fans in Baseball are meeting this news with their trademark level-headedness and perspective.

Quote from: BirdoInBoston
Why hack the Disastros
and not the Flubbies?

Quote from: tigr
Here's Hoping that it was just a bitter IT Guy
Who had access to some master passwords and an anonymous bin dump online.  It could be just that simple.

Quote from: armyofmike
there are some conclusions drawn about the offending person(s)' motivation that are presumptuous at this point.
I don't buy this motive, at least not yet.

Quote from: BigJawnMize
This isnt a Cardinal problem...
...imo.  This is an Astro's problem.

The passwords were probably written into the code of the system. Admin level passwords that would require a programmer to actually change. They were never changed making me believe that the code for "Ground Control" was stolen from the Cardinals to begin with.

Quote from: BigJawnMize
Gawd people are dense....
...what I am saying is when Mejdal or Luhnow left they downloaded the Cardinals code for their software and used it as the basis of Ground Control.

& DARERN WILSOM WAS TH REAL VICTUM!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2015, 04:33:03 AM »
Intrepid reader Jeff R. Jackson, SKO's FB friend, in response to Dolan's "You don't get to act like this isn't a big deal" article:

Words from a really jealous dipshit! Some people just can't stand winners and its not a big deal!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2015, 08:01:01 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 17, 2015, 04:33:03 AM
Intrepid reader Jeff R. Jackson, SKO's FB friend, in response to Dolan's "You don't get to act like this isn't a big deal" article:

Words from a really jealous dipshit! Some people just can't stand winners and its not a big deal!

Oh not a facebook friend. That guy is my Uncle (by marriage) and the worst Cardinals fan of all Cardinals fans. He is the Uber-BFIB. He swallows all of that shit hook, line, and sinker.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 17, 2015, 08:01:01 AM

Oh not a facebook friend. That guy is my Uncle (by marriage) and the worst Cardinals fan of all Cardinals fans. He is the Uber-BFIB. He swallows all of that shit hook, line, and sinker.

you married your uncle?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2015, 08:33:28 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 17, 2015, 08:27:43 AM

you married your uncle?

Man how many different clocks did you set for TIME TO POST this morning?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2015, 09:13:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 17, 2015, 08:33:28 AM

you married your uncle?

How do you know it's not the Cardinals using my signon?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 17, 2015, 09:13:55 AM

you married your uncle?

Man's got a point.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on June 17, 2015, 02:05:59 PM

you married your uncle?

Man's got a point.

Have the Cardinals had his sign-on this whole time? That would explain a lot.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2015, 04:45:17 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 17, 2015, 03:35:49 PM

you married your uncle?

Man's got a point.

One liner saturation. It's the Cardinals Way.
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 17, 2015, 03:35:49 PM

you married your uncle?

Man's got a point.

If so, this would top my montanabrenan hijinks.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: June 27, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
I know we call them the Satanic Fowl, but can anyone prove that they haven't sold their souls to some sort of Baseball Satan?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: June 27, 2015, 08:09:40 PM »
Still looking forward to the Cardinals methocalpyse over here. Also Harold Reynolds thinks the Cubs shouldn't make any moves and should look at competing next year because Reds.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 27, 2015, 08:07:15 PM
I know we call them the Satanic Fowl, but can anyone prove that they haven't sold their souls to some sort of Baseball Satan?

Matt Carpetner is Baseball Satan. We're doomed.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2015, 10:54:49 PM »
That sure was nice of the ESPN announcers to whitewash the role Oscar Taveras's poor decisionmaking and .287 BAC played in the "tragic" but super inspirational car crash that is directly responsible for Carlos Martinez being so great.