News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 156,999 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #570 on: September 19, 2015, 02:39:04 PM »
Not sure why Jesse Rogers is so invested in making Mike Matheny seem like the good guy in this, but ok.

QuoteMike Matheny mostly took the high road

QuoteMatheny wouldn't respond to the Cubs' accusations

QuoteMatheny didn't take the bait Saturday, despite Maddon's volatile language

QuoteMatheny didn't want to speculate why Maddon went off

QuoteMatheny added: "We have a lot going on right now as far as the excitement of September baseball. A lot of times spending too much time with this, I believe, is a distraction from what we need to do."

I think I figured it out: Jesse doesn't watch the games.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
Quote from: Jenifer Langosch @LangoschMLB
#STLCards Mike Matheny: "That would have been maybe my favorite win ever, just watching how our guys respond to whatever comes at them."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: September 20, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 19, 2015, 10:53:45 AM
Didn't Whitey Herzog once say, "We'll stop trying to score runs when the other team promises to stop trying to score runs."? Or something to that effect. I'll leave it to CT to let me know if that's irony.

Nope.

Also, to whoever it was a few pages back that mentioned that Schwarber was fair game to throw at in the dugout, thanks for reminding me that Ben Christensen was once a thing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: September 21, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »
Looks like The Best Catcher Ever might go on the shelf for a while.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: September 21, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 21, 2015, 04:06:32 PM
Looks like The Best Catcher Ever might go on the shelf for a while.

Maybe you meant to link this.

The Cardinals may have a serious injury on their hands.

Catcher Yadier Molina was diagnosed with a slight tear in a ligament in his left thumb on Monday, and he will be re-evaluated in five to seven days. Molina, a seven-time All-Star, played in Sunday's 4-3 win over the Cubs and was injured while making a swipe tag at the plate in the eighth inning.
An MRI revealed the severity of the injury, and Molina will undergo another test in five to seven days to determine whether he'll be available to the Cardinals in the postseason.

The Cardinals also got news about veteran starter Adam Wainwright on Monday. Wainwright, who tore his left Achilles tendon in April, has been cleared for baseball activities and will pitch a simulated game by the end of the week. Wainwright could potentially return to the bullpen in time for the playoffs.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:25 PM »
I hope Wainwright comes back for the playoffs as a pants-shitting trainwreck. Voodoo magick can't last forever, can it?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: September 26, 2015, 12:59:51 AM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: September 27, 2015, 01:45:19 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2015, 12:59:51 AM
Carlos Martinez leaves game after seven pitches, will undergo MRI.  All part of Saint Oscar's plan.

Cardinals announce Martinez out for the remainder of the season, which means he'll start Game 1 of the NLDS.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: September 27, 2015, 06:36:57 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 27, 2015, 01:45:19 AM
Carlos Martinez leaves game after seven pitches, will undergo MRI.  All part of Saint Oscar's plan.

Cardinals announce Martinez out for the remainder of the season, which means he'll start Game 1 of the NLDS.

I'm actually a bit sorry about this, I think.  Martinez is the Tards' Zambrano - pretty much guaranteed to HEAD ASPLODE in the playoffs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: September 27, 2015, 09:52:01 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 27, 2015, 06:36:57 AM

Racist

I'm actually a bit sorry about this, I think.  Martinez is the Tards' Zambrano - pretty much guaranteed to HEAD ASPLODE in the playoffs.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: September 27, 2015, 10:27:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 27, 2015, 09:52:01 AM

Racist

Forkquotist.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: September 27, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
Carlos Martinez leaves game after seven pitches, will undergo MRI.  All part of Saint Oscar's plan.

I'm actually a bit sorry about this, I think.  Martinez is the Tards' Zambrano - pretty much guaranteed to HEAD ASPLODE in the playoffs.

The funny thing about this is Zambrano generally played against type and kept his cool in the playoffs.  In '07 it was Ted Lilly--not Big Z--who demonstrably lost his shit and in '08 Carlos kept it together when he would've been somewhat justified in going bonkers--after his whole fucking infield took a collective tub-shitting behind him. I know he didn't fare well in 2003 but I don't recall him losing his shit like he had so many times in regular season games.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 27, 2015, 10:30:49 AM
Carlos Martinez leaves game after seven pitches, will undergo MRI.  All part of Saint Oscar's plan.

I'm actually a bit sorry about this, I think.  Martinez is the Tards' Zambrano - pretty much guaranteed to HEAD ASPLODE in the playoffs.

The funny thing about this is Zambrano generally played against type and kept his cool in the playoffs.  In '07 it was Ted Lilly--not Big Z--who demonstrably lost his shit and in '08 Carlos kept it together when he would've been somewhat justified in going bonkers--after his whole fucking infield took a collective tub-shitting behind him. I know he didn't fare well in 2003 but I don't recall him losing his shit like he had so many times in regular season games.

I wouldn't spend too much time breaking down yet another example of Tonker and his people being racist.  They're renowned for their intolerance.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: September 27, 2015, 07:51:24 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 27, 2015, 11:25:03 AM

I wouldn't spend too much time breaking down yet another example of Tonker and his people being racist.  They're renowned for their intolerance.

"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: September 28, 2015, 02:27:27 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 27, 2015, 07:51:24 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 27, 2015, 11:25:03 AM

It's a photograph of a load of black people.  I don't see the problem.