News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Luck  ( 3,874 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Luck
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:51 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 26, 2012, 03:55:59 PM
Quote from: CBStew on March 26, 2012, 03:54:34 PM
When I watched the restaurant scene in the final episode I couldn't help but be reminded of the last scene of the series finale of The Sopranos.  Or the restaurant scene with Michael Corleone in  The Godfather.

Because they all take place in restaurants?

Kind of like that one scene in Seinfeld?

Because they link deathly violence (or the prospect of it) to mens' rooms in restaurants.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 08:55:08 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 25, 2012, 09:15:39 PM
I was absolutely blown away by the final episode.  I read that the death of the horses wasn't the real reason for the cancellation but rather it was low ratings.  If that is the case then the ratings are a fool.  A great series capped off by a great finale.

Yeah, that was an amazing finale. I think it actually worked as a wrap-up to the series: we finally got to see Gus crack some skulls, the four losers got a happy ending (for now), and we got one final racing sequence that was just flat out awesome. No, we'll never see the endgame of Ace's scheme to bring down Mike but this show was never really about plot. It was about creating a mood and establishing the community of the race track and it did a goddamn brilliant job at both.

Fuck PETA.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 09:41:39 AM »
We know. No goat.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
I taped the finale of Luck for Mrs Cubbieblue to watch because she wasn't home on Sunday evening.  She watched it last night and during the "Derby" horse race scene she was sitting so close to the edge of her chair that I thought that she was going to fall.  Sunday is my birthday and we are going to the horse races at Golden Gate Fields with sons, daughters in law and grandchild to celebrate.  It won't be half as exciting, but everything (except for the parimutual windows) costs a buck.  Parking, entry, programs, hot dogs, bad beer, etc.  How can you beat that for good family fun?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 28, 2012, 05:36:04 PM
I taped the finale of Luck for Mrs Cubbieblue to watch because she wasn't home on Sunday evening.  She watched it last night and during the "Derby" horse race scene she was sitting so close to the edge of her chair that I thought that she was going to fall.  Sunday is my birthday and we are going to the horse races at Golden Gate Fields with sons, daughters in law and grandchild to celebrate.  It won't be half as exciting, but everything (except for the parimutual windows) costs a buck.  Parking, entry, programs, hot dogs, bad beer, etc.  How can you beat that for good family fun?

You can't. Wish I was going too.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 28, 2012, 05:37:17 PM

Greatest birthday ever.  Beautiful day at the race track.  Half of my offspring were there with spouses and grandchildren.   Won money in 8 out of 9 races.  (The secret is to bet Russell Baze.  He won  5 races today.   Unfortunately, he is always the favorite so you can't win big money.  But at least you won't lose.)  Then an old standby Mexican restaurant and a pitcher of margaritas.  Great day! 

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 01, 2012, 09:45:25 PM

Greatest birthday ever.  Beautiful day at the race track.  Half of my offspring were there with spouses and grandchildren.   Won money in 8 out of 9 races.  (The secret is to bet Russell Baze.  He won  5 races today.   Unfortunately, he is always the favorite so you can't win big money.  But at least you won't lose.)  Then an old standby Mexican restaurant and a pitcher of margaritas.  Great day! 

As we say in my family: "8=====D~~ ~~ ~"

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 03, 2012, 09:51:35 AM

Your family speaks in Morse Code?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 03, 2012, 01:49:47 PM

Yes. Eloquently.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 03, 2012, 02:03:48 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 03, 2012, 01:49:47 PM

Yes. Eloquently.

What does "8=====D~~ ~~ ~" mean?