News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Primary Clusterfuck 2012  ( 22,447 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Primary Clusterfuck 2012
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 24, 2012, 09:50:49 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 20, 2012, 05:03:35 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 13, 2012, 02:21:27 PM
Alabama and Mississippi primaries tonight.

Time for the SHOE IN OF THE WEEK!!

Let the record reflect:

Quote from: GilI'm picking Mitt, Santo, Paul, Gingrinch.

Let's get this out of the way for Illinois...

Ok...Louisiana Republican primary today.

1. Santo(rum)
2. Romney
3. Avocado
4. Ron Paul
5. FORMER LOUISIANA GOVERNOR BUDDY ROEMER!!

2 in a row.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 27, 2012, 04:15:43 PM
Santorum meets a fucking mindreader...

http://boingboing.net/2012/03/27/santorum-angry-at-ny-times-rep.html

I still can't believe that the voters of Pennsylvania refused to reelect him.  What were they thinking?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »
Going for three, four, and five in a row.

SHOE-IN OF THE WEEK

Wisconsin GOP Primary
1. Romney
2. Santo(rum)
3. Paul
4. Gingrinch

Maryland GOP Primary
1. Romney
2. Santo(rum)
3. Paul
4. Gingrinch

Washington DC GOP Primary (for all 4 of those Republicans who actually live in the District)
1. Romney
2. Santo(rum)
3. Paul
4. Gingrinch
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »
Que TEC...

http://www.policymic.com/articles/9163/ron-paul-delegates-arrested-as-they-win-a-majority-at-louisiana-gop-convention

Quote"I'm handicapped! I need a doctor!" "Sir, this is the chairman!" The Louisiana State Republican Convention descended into chaos Saturday morning, with several delegates being arrested and the convention chairman being thrown to the ground by police. Sources report that state party officials panicked when it became clear that Ron Paul delegates commanded a decisive majority of the delegates on the floor – at least 111 of 180 (62%).

The convention began peacefully with a prayer and invocation. Roger Villere, Chairman of the Louisiana Republican Party, then attempted to recognize the former Chair of the Convention's Rules Committee who had been ousted from his position last night. When Alex Helwig, the newly elected Rules Committee chair, rose to address the delegation, Mr. Villere ordered him removed from the floor. Video footage shows Shreveport police dragging Mr. Helwig out of the room despite his protests that he was a duly elected delegate.

At this point, a motion was made to elect a new convention chairman. Henry Herford, Jr., was elected by an overwhelming majority. Nevertheless, Mr. Villere – who had appointed himself the convention chairman – refused to relinquish control of the gathering. As the delegates began turning their chairs around, Mr. Herford, the newly elected chairman, rose to call the convention to order. Sources report that, in an act of desperation, Mr. Villere and state party officials then ordered police to attack Mr. Herford.

Video footage shows an older gentleman in a blue shirt being violently dragged away by police and then shoved to the ground. When Mr. Herford protests that he is handicapped and would like to press charges for assault against the police officers, a Shreveport police officer is seen smirking in response. Sources report that Mr. Herford, 57, has a prosthetic hip that was dislocated during the assault.

Many observers expressed shock that the establishment would resort to such violent tactics against fellow Republicans. Saturday morning's incidents come on the heels of increasing panic among state party leaders in the aftermath of Ron Paul's decisive victory in the Louisiana caucuses in April.

For context, Paul won 6% of the vote in the March 24 LA primary, which awards 20 of the state's RNC delegates.

The "decisive victory" was in taking 111 out of 150 of the state caucus delegates during district caucuses, which delegates go on to select the state's 26 remaining RNC delegates at the state convention (where the above transpired).

QuoteAfter Convention Chairman Henry Herford's arrest, the delegates proceeded to elect a new chair and continued with the business of the convention. They reportedly elected a slate of 27 Ron Paul supporters to fill 12 of the 18 district delegate slots and 15 of 20 at-large delegate slots, before certifying the results with the RNC.

Meanwhile, state party leaders held their own convention in one corner of the room with about 30 delegates in attendance. Local media is reporting that the minority convention also elected a slate of delegates, although it is unlikely that the legitimacy of their slate will be recognized by the RNC.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.