News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Primary Clusterfuck 2012  ( 22,435 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Primary Clusterfuck 2012
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »
I suppose trying to sidestep the jokes completely is probably more work than it's worth at this point...

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2012, 09:58:18 AM »
Thanks for the coupons.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 29, 2012, 09:35:29 AM
I suppose trying to sidestep the jokes completely is probably more work than it's worth at this point...

That's a long-overdue honor for the late Bernie Mac.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 29, 2012, 10:52:37 AM

That's a long-overdue honor for the late Bernie Mac.

Bernie Mac? The second-biggest pants-shitter in Cubs history? Bah!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2012, 05:30:23 PM »
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/02/29/grand_ayatollah_or_grand_old_party?page=0,0

QuoteOne is a religious fanatic railing against secularism, the role of women in the workplace, and the evils of higher education, as he seeks to impose his draconian moral values upon the state. The other is the supreme leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

It's time to play: Khamenei or Santorum? Who said what?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »

Final result?  A 15-15 tie in delegates: http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/mi

EDIT: http://www.freep.com/article/20120301/NEWS15/120301038/Mitt-Romney-gets-Michigan-s-large-delegates

Final score: 16-14 Romney to Santorum.

I think the GOP ennui is starting to set in.

Quote"When you have a candidate few people really like, whose support is a mile wide and an inch deep, whose raison d'etre (a 4am fancy word) is fixing an economy that is fixing itself without him, and who only wins his actual, factual home state by three percentage points against a guy no one took seriously only two months ago, there really is little reason for independent voters in the general election to choose him if the economy keeps improving.

Seriously, putting it bluntly, conservatives may not like Barack Obama, but most other people do. And when faced with a guy you like and a guy you don't like who says he can fix an economy that no longer needs fixing, you're going to go with the guy you like."

-Erick Erickson, RedState.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
With Illinois less than 3 weeks away, Newt is working hard for the Al Yellon endorsement.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 01, 2012, 10:28:49 AM

{huge picture that doesn't need to be reported yet again}

Final result?  A 15-15 tie in delegates: http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/mi

EDIT: http://www.freep.com/article/20120301/NEWS15/120301038/Mitt-Romney-gets-Michigan-s-large-delegates

Final score: 16-14 Romney to Santorum.

I think the GOP ennui is starting to set in.

Quote"When you have a candidate few people really like, whose support is a mile wide and an inch deep, whose raison d'etre (a 4am fancy word) is fixing an economy that is fixing itself without him, and who only wins his actual, factual home state by three percentage points against a guy no one took seriously only two months ago, there really is little reason for independent voters in the general election to choose him if the economy keeps improving.

Seriously, putting it bluntly, conservatives may not like Barack Obama, but most other people do. And when faced with a guy you like and a guy you don't like who says he can fix an economy that no longer needs fixing, you're going to go with the guy you like."

-Erick Erickson, RedState.

Quotemmmmmmm mmmmmmmmfffff mmmmmmmmmffffffff mmmmmmmmmm

-Gil Gunderson, "conservative" guy who *really* likes him some Obama.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2012, 01:05:48 AM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »
Super Tuesday and a shake-up...

SHOE-IN OF THE WEEK!!

Vermont - Romney, Paul, Gingrinch, Santorum
Alaska - Paul, Romney, Gingrinch, Santorum (wild card pick)
North Dakota - Santorum, Romney, Gingrinch, Paul

Georgia - Gingrinch, Romney, Santorum, Paul
Ohio - Romney, Santorum, Gingrinch, Paul

Virginia - Romney, Paul
Oklahoma - Santorum, Romney, Gingrinch, Paul
Massachusetts - Romney, Santorum, Gingrinch, Paul
Idaho - Romney, Paul, Gingrinch, Santorum
Tennessee - Santorum, Gingrinch, Romney, Paul

EDIT: Fucking Alaska ruined my almost perfect night of picks!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »
Dennis Kucinich defeated in primary by fellow incumbent Marcy Kaptur. Good fucking riddance.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2012, 01:23:24 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 06, 2012, 11:11:13 PM
Dennis Kucinich defeated in primary by fellow incumbent Marcy Kaptur. Good fucking riddance.

Why the hate? I mean, sure, Kucinich is a joke. He's a walking 30 Rock punchline who once saw a UFO with Shirley MacLaine. But "good fucking riddance" seems weirdly vehement for that ineffectual, elfin Don Quixote.

Is there some research lurking in your database suggesting that Kucinich wasn't really in Congress to serve?

Or are you just trying to burnish your pox-on-both-houses centrist street cred for some sort of sensible-moderation-off against Huey and Gil?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2012, 01:28:39 AM »
Also, speaking of walking punchlines in OH-9...

Remember me, America?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2012, 07:19:50 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 07, 2012, 01:23:24 AM

Why the hate? I mean, sure, Kucinich is a joke. He's a walking 30 Rock punchline who once saw a UFO with Shirley MacLaine. But "good fucking riddance" seems weirdly vehement for that ineffectual, elfin Don Quixote.

Is there some research lurking in your database suggesting that Kucinich wasn't really in Congress to serve?

Or are you just trying to burnish your pox-on-both-houses centrist street cred for some sort of sensible-moderation-off against Huey and Gil?

Man, who put the muscle in your hemp Wheaties?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 07, 2012, 01:23:24 AM

We have a winner.

Either that or Kucinich's middle name is Alfonso.