News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Faces of Death 2012  ( 6,675 )

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Re: Faces of Death 2012
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 10:35:04 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 04, 2012, 09:50:14 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 04, 2012, 06:24:47 AM
Also, I'm a little perturbed by Powen's picks.  He's clearly gone for an "Evil Scumbags" theme, having chosen the following:

Hosni Mubarak
Fidel Castro
Hugo Chavez
Adnan Gulshair el Shukrijumah
Timoleón Jiménez
Dane Cook
George Lucas
Powen01

Angelina Jolie's in there, too, which seems a little harsh but I'm not going to argue with it.  But then you have dear, sweet, loveable Zooey Deschanel, who to the best of my knowledge has never oppressed a people, kidnapped or terrorised innocent bystanders, manufactured narcotics, starred in "Employee of the Month", made any Star Wars prequels or stabbed anybody at all.

She is guilty of being gorgeous, but if that's an international felony then I should be on the list, too.  WTF, Powen?

If Powen is somehow right on Zooey Deschanel I will do cartwheels.

She is the fucking devil.

WTF?  She's like the fucking hipster queen... and her music kindof sucks.  Sure, she can sing the shit out of some oldies, but I really can't stand her original stuff.  It's a love/hate thing I have with her, and I usually settle on the hate side because that's just the kind of dude I am.

2012 is going to be a good year, and the more non-breathing, stiff and cold murderous scumbags that are strewn about the jungle/desert/Hollywood, the better my life will be. 

I live for this shit.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
Speaking of powen's picks, however, I realize I've neglected to share his tradition mode-of-death predictions for his picks...

Quote1. Angelina Jolie - Excessive adoption paperwork.
2. Hosni Mubarak - Dies of death.
3. Dane Cook - Accidentally watches his own show.
4. Fidel Castro - Raped to death by the ghost of Che.
5. Adnan Gulshair el Shukrijumah (de facto leader of Al Qaeda) - Chokes on a missile or trying to pronounce his own name.
6. Zooey Deschanel - Excessive irony.
7. George Lucas - Chokes on a pile of money.
8. Jorge Chavez - CIA led coup/gang rape.
9. Timoleón Jiménez (de facto leader of the FARC) - Chokes on a gun.
10. powen01 - I do stupid shit on the regular, and I have a bunch of business trips to crappy parts of Mexico planned for this year.  I always liked Ambrose Bierce. I will be 35 next year.

A whole lot of choking going on.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 04, 2012, 10:20:17 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 04, 2012, 09:02:59 AM
Nice work, Thrill.

I'm assuming there's something in the rules about affecting an outcome.  I believe if Wheezer's predicted demise were to happen deliberately of his own hand, that it would be totally unfair to award him the points.

You indeed get no points if you're found to be responsible for the death of a person on your list. We're rather strict on this rule.

But I think we've said in the past (powen and ChuckD both picked themselves in 2010) that we're willing to make an exception for people who've picked themselves.

Because, if you're really that committed to winning this thing, have at it. It'll make for a stunning obit.

The question then becomes: who wants it more? Powen and Wheezer... You're move.

With powen, I'm not thinking it'd be deliberate anyway, just...occupational hazard.  He knows the risks of rock climbing is all I'm sayin'.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
Additionally, a couple Wheezer Picks came complete with disambiguating URLs:

David J. Stewart and Jay Weidner (Wheezer's executive summary of the latter: "The Shining symbolized Kubrick's admission of involvement in moon-landing hoax").

And, finally, another tidbit I neglected: bubble picks who failed to make it to The Show...

Powen:

QuoteI wanted to put down Beyonce's baby, but I just can't stoop that low.  I really want to, but I just can't.

Fork:

QuoteI fought the temptation to put either Huey or TDubbs on my list.

Alternates (in case of premature death or disqualification): Paul Gascoigne, Dick Cheney, Rita Moreno

"Bonus picks" (no points awarded): Al Yellon, Gil Gunderson That Yetti Guy, "Gil or Fork"

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 04, 2012, 10:45:17 AM
Nice work, Thrill.

I'm assuming there's something in the rules about affecting an outcome.  I believe if Wheezer's predicted demise were to happen deliberately of his own hand, that it would be totally unfair to award him the points.

You indeed get no points if you're found to be responsible for the death of a person on your list. We're rather strict on this rule.

But I think we've said in the past (powen and ChuckD both picked themselves in 2010) that we're willing to make an exception for people who've picked themselves.

Because, if you're really that committed to winning this thing, have at it. It'll make for a stunning obit.

With powen, I'm not thinking it'd be deliberate anyway, just...occupational hazard.  He knows the risks of rock climbing is all I'm sayin'.

Wait, what?!?  It's dangerous?!  I was thinking the auto-erotic self-asphyxiation would eventually get me killed, not the climbing!  Climbing is super safe, broseph!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
Quote3. Dane Cook - Accidentally watches his own show.

I literally spit coffee on my computer.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
Nice work, Thrill.

No. YOU are move.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 04, 2012, 01:48:19 PM
Nice work, Thrill.

No. YOU are move.

Ha.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 04, 2012, 12:13:13 AM
Most common: Etta James (7)

Taken off life support.

Something something Gerry Rafferty.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »
Nice work, Thrill.

No. YOU are move.

I'm me?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 12:37:53 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 04, 2012, 04:06:58 PM
Nice work, Thrill.

No. YOU are move.

I'm me?

The whole you.

Also:

Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 04, 2012, 10:31:07 AM

Pshaw. That's just the psychic trauma speaking.

HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THIS.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 05, 2012, 12:37:53 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 04, 2012, 04:06:58 PM
Nice work, Thrill.

No. YOU are move.

I'm me?

The whole you.

Also:

Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 04, 2012, 10:31:07 AM

Pshaw. That's just the psychic trauma speaking.

HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THIS.

Are you new here?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.