News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Avengers  ( 1,847 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Avengers
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »
Quite fun.  I had no idea the Hulk could be so funny.

Not sure if this is better than Christopher Reeve's first outing as Superman, but it's pretty damn close.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Avengers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
Probably the best Avengers review you're likely to read...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/20/marvel-avengers-assemble-3d-experience

QuoteAnd please, leery tragi-men, don't dribble on about "Scarlett Johansson's arse in 3D" being "worth the price of admission". The film was shot in 2D and converted to 3D using software, which means you're actually drooling over a 2D image of Scarlett Johansson's arse wrapped around a wireframe model of an arse that isn't there. You're sitting in front of HAL 9000, jerking off like a monkey. Somewhere, the machines are laughing at you.

(Charlie Brooker, natch.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 24, 2012, 08:48:34 AM
Probably the best Avengers review you're likely to read...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/may/20/marvel-avengers-assemble-3d-experience

QuoteAnd please, leery tragi-men, don't dribble on about "Scarlett Johansson's arse in 3D" being "worth the price of admission". The film was shot in 2D and converted to 3D using software, which means you're actually drooling over a 2D image of Scarlett Johansson's arse wrapped around a wireframe model of an arse that isn't there. You're sitting in front of HAL 9000, jerking off like a monkey. Somewhere, the machines are laughing at you.

(Charlie Brooker, natch.)

QuoteLoki, who looks like a cross between Withnail and the sort of grinning pervert who'd have sex with a fistful of Mattesson's liver pate in the window of an apartment overlooking a hospice bus stop.

Fantastic.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »
I don't want to spoil anything, but there was one - extremely brief - scene between the Hulk and Loki that nearly made me wet myself with happiness.  If you've seen the film, you know which scene I'm talking about.  If you haven't seen the film, the other two hours and twenty minutes are fairly entertaining.  Those five seconds would very nearly be worth the price of admission even if the rest of it sucked.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 28, 2012, 10:25:53 AM
I don't want to spoil anything, but there was one - extremely brief - scene between the Hulk and Loki that nearly made me wet myself with happiness.  If you've seen the film, you know which scene I'm talking about.  If you haven't seen the film, the other two hours and twenty minutes are fairly entertaining.  Those five seconds would very nearly be worth the price of admission even if the rest of it sucked.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I honestly don't know what happened in the next 2-3 minutes because I was pretty much laughing nonstop.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 28, 2012, 10:31:23 AM

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I honestly don't know what happened in the next 2-3 minutes because I was pretty much laughing nonstop.

That, plus the scene a few minutes earlier with Hulk and Thor are worth the price of admission alone.  As someone brilliantly said, I had no idea the Hulk could be so funny.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 28, 2012, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: Bort on May 28, 2012, 10:31:23 AM

This.  I LoLled.  Also make sure you stay all the way through the credits (although that's standard operating procedure for these movies I guess)

That, plus the scene a few minutes earlier with Hulk and Thor are worth the price of admission alone.  As someone brilliantly said, I had no idea the Hulk could be so funny.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.