Desipio Message Board
October 24, 2014, 08:23:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: A Super Bowl Thread to Only Discuss the Super Bowl  (Read 1723 times)
Yeti
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:09:47 AM »

Here you go, Huey. Wouldn't want you to feel bad for derailing a thread away from its original intention, since that never happens around here

#SB
PANK!
Johnny Evers Fan Club

O'PTOAT!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:12:39 PM »

Thanks.  By Welkerschadenfreudenboner is still at full-mast.

The Sports World Needs More Ryne Sandberg types.

"Steph" 1/5/2005
R-V
Johnny Evers Fan Club

The dash don't be silent.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »

So which AttemptedChuckMeme is worse:

1. The NFL has been destroyed.
2. Every piece of Cubs baseball news between now and 2014 is insignificant so stop talking about them you clods.
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 01:14:08 PM »

How many Superbowls have had both teams penalized for having 12 players on the field on defense? 

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
Brownie
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Paul Brown Returns. But f@#! the Bengals.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

How many Superbowls have had both teams penalized for having 12 players on the field on defense? 

The Giants' 12 men on the field accomplished the goal of working seven seconds off of the clock. I wonder if it was a version of Buddy Ryan's "Polish Goalline."
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »

Lots of articles about where Brady and Belichick rank historically. Steve Young today mentioned that Brady does more with less (WR talent, running back talent) than any quarterback in history. I didn't quite understand it, Brady typically stands in the pocket for what seems like over a minute on almost every throw. Carol and I were talking last night, if Brady would have played his entire career in Kansas City or Oakland or a crappier team without Belichick, would he one of the greatest of all time? Belichick's offense made Matt Cassel look good.
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 02:09:23 PM »

New England had the statistically worst defense in the league.  New York was a 9 and 7 regular season team.  On the other hand, the Fiat commercial with the Italian woman in the black and red dress was truly inspirational.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »

New England had the statistically worst defense in the league.  New York was a 9 and 7 regular season team.  On the other hand, the Fiat commercial with the Italian woman in the black and red dress was truly inspirational.

Both teams just had perfect matchups in the playoffs. Not to mention a fuckload of in-game luck.

Manningham gets that throw another 99 times, he never makes that catch.

TIME TO POST!
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »

Both teams just had perfect matchups in the playoffs. Not to mention a fuckload of in-game luck.

Having to beat the packers and niners on the road are ideal matchups for any team, that's for sure.
Manningham has made big catches before. He was great all game. But you're probably right.
He had no business making a good catch. He sucks.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »

Having to beat the packers and niners on the road are ideal matchups for any team, that's for sure.
Manningham has made big catches before. He was great all game. But you're probably right.

They just missed beating the Packers when they were all dinged up during the regular season.

The only surprise in the Niners game was that it was as close as it was.

Manningham doesn't suck - he's not David Tyree or anything. He just picked the right night to have the game of his life.

TIME TO POST!
morpheus
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Sad.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33:35 PM »

Catrinel Menghia (very NSFW)

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.
Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »

So which AttemptedChuckMeme is worse:

1. The NFL has been destroyed.
2. Every piece of Cubs baseball news game between now and 2014 is insignificant so stop talking about them you clods.

The games don't matter.  The news about who is acquired and who is traded away/released is highly significant.
Brownie
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Paul Brown Returns. But f@#! the Bengals.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »

They just missed beating the Packers when they were all dinged up during the regular season.

The only surprise in the Niners game was that it was as close as it was.

Manningham doesn't suck - he's not David Tyree or anything. He just picked the right night to have the game of his life.

Fork is telling anyone who will listen that he told us all so about Tom Coughlin.
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »

New England had the statistically worst defense in the league.

And the second or third best offense in the league, depending on your metric of choice.

(And, as far as being dead last in defense, the Packers were worse than the Pats in every statistical category I've looked at except rushing yards allowed, where both were in the middle of the pack.)

New York was a 9 and 7 regular season team.

Facing one of the toughest regular season schedules in the league.

And, in the playoffs they managed to knock off two of the top three offenses in the NFL in Green Bay and New England and a top-five defense in San Francisco.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Armchair_QB
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »

Catrinel Menghia (very NSFW)

Holy Mother of God

Resident moran
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: