Desipio Message Board
August 01, 2014, 11:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: With chaos as well as the NATO and G8 Summitts scheduled for Chicago that weekend, where will the Cubs-Sox games be held?
Wrigley Field, Chicago - 0 (0%)
Target Field, Minneapolis - 2 (11.8%)
Victory Field, Indianapolis - 1 (5.9%)
Sec Taylor Stadium, Des Moines - 1 (5.9%)
Ho Ho Kam Park, Mesa - 1 (5.9%)
Tokyo Dome, Tokyo - 2 (11.8%)
The Oval, London - 0 (0%)
Who cares? Blow the teams up for all I care. - 10 (58.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: NATO/BP Cup Clusterfuck Thread  (Read 2069 times)
Brownie
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Paul Brown Returns. But f@#! the Bengals.

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:50:51 PM »

Just noticed the NATO/G8 Summits and Occupy Chicago Riots are scheduled the same weekend as the Cubs-Sox series at Wrigley. While not even beginning to process what havoc this will mean to the NHL and NBA Playoffs, remember that the G8 Summits forced the Blue Jays to play their home series against the Phillies in Philadelphia a couple years ago.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:59:12 AM by Brownie » Logged
Brownie
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »

For what it's worth, during the 1968 Democratic Convention, the Cubs were on the road, and the White Sox played their homestand at County Stadium, thus avoiding the invasion of Abbie Hoffman.
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »

This is all kinds of awesome. Hopefully the White Sox have to travel across town and their bus gets overturned by crazed protesters who them maim the entire team and then 40 years later they'll make a bad movie about it starring Matthew McConaughey.

Did anyone just notice that his name has 'ghey' at the end? That's funny.

morpheus
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Sad.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:13:20 PM »

This is all kinds of awesome. Hopefully the White Sox have to travel across town and their bus gets overturned by crazed protesters who them maim the entire team and then 40 years later they'll make a bad movie about it starring Matthew McConaughey.

My God, the movie potential is amazing.  Call it "Don't Stop Believin'".  Heck, maybe your beloved Glee cast would sing on the movie soundtrack.  I'm starting to feel a movie poster coming on...

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:50:01 PM »

My God, the movie potential is amazing.  Call it "Don't Stop Believin'".  Heck, maybe your beloved Glee cast would sing on the movie soundtrack.  I'm starting to feel a movie poster coming on...

"Win or die tryin'"
PenPho
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »

I think that's just your bladder.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
Sterling Archer
Lying is like 95% of what I do.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Archer Vice.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »

Just noticed the NATO/G8 Summits and Occupy Chicago Riots are scheduled the same weekend as the Cubs-Sox series at Wrigley. While not even beginning to process what havoc this will mean to the NHL and NBA Playoffs, remember that the G8 Summits forced the Blue Jays to play their home series against the Phillies in Philadelphia a couple years ago.

Too lazy to look. Is Milwaukee playing at home and thus not in the poll?

SUPPRESSING FIRE!
Tony
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »

I vote for the U.S. Steel Yard.
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:02:40 PM »

TJ doesn't overlook these things so I assume yes.

Waco Kid
Fukakke Fan Club

Tremendously tremendous

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »

I'ts our turn.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 09:30:05 AM »

As long as it ends with Bo Jackson and Brian Bosworth having a shirtless hug atop Mount Rushmore.

TIME TO POST!
Brownie
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »

TJ doesn't overlook these things so I assume yes.

Brewers host the Twins. Thus, Target Field is available. I didn't check on the urinal cake II.
Shooter
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »

Houston, as some sort of karmic payback?
Slaky
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »

The answer is Wrigley Field!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/g8-summit-moved_n_1322076.html?ref=chicago

Internet Apex
SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Ape X

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »

I think we should still riot and loot and set shit off here in Chicago regardless. Why should we miss out on all the fun?

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: