Desipio Message Board
September 02, 2014, 06:34:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: AND IIIIIIIIIIIIII-YEE-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII... am dead at 48 years of age  (Read 2288 times)
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »

Nice tribute to her tonight, although it should've been entitled, "Whitney Houston, we have a problem".

No.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »

Nice tribute to her tonight, although it should've been entitled, "Whitney Houston, we have a problem".

No.

No.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »

No.

No.

Yes.  I mean, no.
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »

No.

No.

Yes.  I mean, no.

No, Chuck.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »

I'd just like to add that I hate when somebody who was popular during my adolescence dies because it just reminds me how much I hate my stupid generation.
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:09 PM »

I'd just like to add that I hate when somebody who was popular during my adolescence dies because it just reminds me how much I hate my stupid generation.

I hate your stupid generation too.

Wheezer
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Non Omnis Moriar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »

I hate your stupid generation too.

Yes.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »

TIME TO POST!
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »

You pick Whitney Houston to be a symbol of stupidity for your generation? She was one of the greatest female singers of all time.
flannj
Fukakke Fan Club

"Knew your father, I did"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »

You pick Whitney Houston to be a symbol of stupidity for your generation? She was one of the greatest female singers of all time.

Her singing goes through my head like a spike.

Her career ending because her voice ended up sounding like Sly Stone is a blessing.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen
BH
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Hockeenight HR Dept, TJG Assistant Editor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 04:53:45 PM »

Her singing goes through my head like a spike.

Her career ending because her voice ended up sounding like Sly Stone is a blessing.

Her career ended because she was wasted for 2 decades and was completely unreliable, not because her voice changed. Most singers today use computers to make them sound any way they want and just lip sync during live performances, she could have made a comeback with only a voicebox.
CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »

No, I pick my generation's reaction to the death of anyone who was even remotely noteworthy when they were growing up as a concrete example of their stupidity.

Also, she touched a lot of people
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »

No, I pick my generation's reaction to the death of anyone who was even remotely noteworthy when they were growing up as a concrete example of their stupidity.

Also, she touched a lot of people

Fuck this. Someday I'm going to listen to MY generation as they try to make meaning out of the death of Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus. Hopefully within the next five years. Whitney's a goddamn saint by comparison. Someday I'll live through a week of "Baby" replays when someone finally offs the Biebs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=545

"Plummer, in 1999, "contributed" 1,017 fewer yards to the Cardinals than the league average QB would have brought to the table. As far as modern seasons go, Plummer's '99 stands as the worst."
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 08:20:33 AM »

Sarah Vaughan could say more with a whisper than Whitney Houston could by holding a note for 20 lip quivering seconds.

TIME TO POST!
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »

Sarah Vaughan could say more with a whisper than Whitney Houston could by holding a note for 20 lip quivering seconds.

And yet Whitney Houston was somehow also an amazing singer.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: