Desipio Message Board
August 29, 2014, 09:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: AND IIIIIIIIIIIIII-YEE-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII... am dead at 48 years of age  (Read 2271 times)
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »

I'd just like to add that I hate when somebody who was popular during my adolescence dies because it just reminds me how much I hate my stupid generation.

You pick Whitney Houston to be a symbol of stupidity for your generation? She was one of the greatest female singers of all time.

Sarah Vaughan could say more with a whisper than Whitney Houston could by holding a note for 20 lip quivering seconds.

And yet Whitney Houston was somehow also an amazing singer.

NO. IT'S ALWAYS ONE OR THE OTHER.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »

I'd just like to add that I hate when somebody who was popular during my adolescence dies because it just reminds me how much I hate my stupid generation.

You pick Whitney Houston to be a symbol of stupidity for your generation? She was one of the greatest female singers of all time.

Sarah Vaughan could say more with a whisper than Whitney Houston could by holding a note for 20 lip quivering seconds.

She was an amazing vocalist.

TIME TO POST!
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »

So we agree. She was really good at singing.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
PenPho
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 05:01:12 PM »

I just had this argument with flannj in the SBox as well.

I think the most obvious conclusion is that flannj and Fork are really fucking old. 

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 05:05:06 PM »

I just had this argument with flannj in the SBox as well.

I think the most obvious conclusion is that flannj and Fork are really fucking old. 

Only you guys could take a thing like Whitney Houston's death and make it sad.
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:18 AM »

great vocalist = great pipes and range.

great singer = interprets the song.

Just changing dynamics in a song (or if you're Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera, hitting 6 octaves in every song) doesn't really do anything in terms of the song itself.

It's just having something to show, not something to say.

TIME TO POST!
Chuck to Chuck
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Making Pen Laugh since 1:42 PM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 09:55:14 AM »

Just changing dynamics in a song (or if you're Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera, hitting 6 octaves in every song) doesn't really do anything in terms of the song itself.

Who else do you have in that datase?
PenPho
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »

So then, in your expert opinion, Whitney Houston did not effectively interpret the songs as they were intended to be? 

Did you feel that "The Greatest Love of All" was supposed to be interpreted differently?
Maybe more like Randy Watson?

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"
Fork
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Needs something...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »

So then, in your expert opinion, Whitney Houston did not effectively interpret the songs as they were intended to be? 

Did you feel that "The Greatest Love of All" was supposed to be interpreted differently?
Maybe more like Randy Watson?

Maybe if Whitney had been backed by Sexual Chocolate, we'd have something.

TIME TO POST!
J. Walter Weatherman
Johnny Evers Fan Club

You can see his stripes but you know hes clean

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2012, 01:23:39 PM »

Agreed: Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera are irritating vocal peacocks with no sense of taste or discretion.

Whitney Houston, however, was actually a legitimately great singer.

You old fuck.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.
Tony
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

Agreed: Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera are irritating vocal peacocks with no sense of taste or discretion.

You old fuck.

Yeah but she wasted that talent on all that pop shit she sang. Not that there's anything wrong with pop music, but hers was lame.
PenPho
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »

You old fuck.

And this.

Tony
Hank White Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »

You old fuck.

And this.

That was way better than the actual song.
CT III
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Killer of men.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »

Good idea, keep arguing about this with Fork.  He's sure to see the error of his ways and captiulate, instead of continuing to piss you guys off.

Really, it's Whitney Houston - let it go.
SKO
Johnny Evers Fan Club

ARMCOCK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »

Good idea, keep arguing about this with Fork.  He's sure to see the error of his ways and captiulate, instead of continuing to piss you guys off.

Really, it's Whitney Houston - let it go.

Are you new here? We still communicate with Chuck, for Chrissake.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=545

"Plummer, in 1999, "contributed" 1,017 fewer yards to the Cardinals than the league average QB would have brought to the table. As far as modern seasons go, Plummer's '99 stands as the worst."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: