News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: One More Hour And My Life Will Be Through...  ( 3,059 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: One More Hour And My Life Will Be Through...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2012, 08:36:21 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 23, 2012, 08:23:49 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2012, 07:58:00 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 16, 2012, 12:14:57 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 16, 2012, 10:21:42 AM
If the storied history of Dead Pool jinxes (which is to say: mostly just Zsa Zsa) holds, this thread will be renamed "Stayin' Alive" before the year is out.

What should we use for also-in-last-verse Levon Helm then?

OK, so I'm batting .500.

With Helm you didn't commit the Dead Pool sin of actually starting a thread for the still living.

I started a thread which started the whold world living?

The whole whold?
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on April 23, 2012, 09:26:51 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2012, 08:36:21 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 23, 2012, 08:23:49 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2012, 07:58:00 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 16, 2012, 12:14:57 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 16, 2012, 10:21:42 AM
If the storied history of Dead Pool jinxes (which is to say: mostly just Zsa Zsa) holds, this thread will be renamed "Stayin' Alive" before the year is out.

What should we use for also-in-last-verse Levon Helm then?

OK, so I'm batting .500.

With Helm you didn't commit the Dead Pool sin of actually starting a thread for the still living.

I started a thread which started the whold world living?

The whole whold?

Well, half a whold is just silly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment/20120430/robin-gibb-ice-cream-120430/

QuoteRobin Gibb asked for ice cream when he woke from his coma.

The ailing Bee Gees singer lost consciousness for 12 days after contracting pneumonia shortly after battling cancer and when he awoke, he admitted he was suffering from back pain but also requested his favourite foods.

His wife Dwina said: "Words are inadequate to describe how happy and exhilarated I felt [when he woke]. 'Hello, sweetheart', I said and have him a big kiss and a hug. Robin hen looked over at our son and mouthed, 'Hi RJ. My back hurts'.

"He'd been lying flat for 12 days so we called a nurse to move him into a more comfortable position. Then he pulled out his feeding tube and asked for a bowl of ice cream."

Robin's family tried to rouse the star from his coma by playing him music and Dwina revealed it was the star's favourite song from his new 'Titanic Requiem' album that made them realise he was aware of what he was hearing.

She explained to Britain's HELLO! magazine: "One of our favourite tracks, 'Distress', came on. It's a rousing emotive mass sung in Latin and as we played it, his EEG machine, which measures electrical activity in the brain, went mad.

"For us, this was a sure sign that he was responding. So I lifted up one of his headphones and asked, 'Robin, can you hear the music?'

"That's when his eyelids flickers and he looked at me. I couldn't believe it."

Doctors were also shocked when Robin awoke as they had warned his family to expect the worst.

Dwina said: "The doctors were astounded. They kept shaking their heads in disbelief. They'd tried everything in their power to bring Robin back and when it didn't work their prognosis was bleak.

"They didn't think he was going to make it and warned us to prepare for the worst."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 03, 2012, 11:55:19 AM

The ailing Bee Gees singer lost consciousness for 12 days after contracting pneumonia shortly after battling cancer and when he awoke, he admitted he was suffering from back pain but also requested his favourite foods.

His wife Dwina said: "Words are inadequate to describe how happy and exhilarated I felt [when he woke]. 'Hello, sweetheart', I said and have him a big kiss and a hug. Robin hen looked over at our son and mouthed, 'Hi RJ. My back hurts'.

"He'd been lying flat for 12 days so we called a nurse to move him into a more comfortable position. Then he pulled out his feeding tube and asked for a bowl of ice cream."

Robin's family tried to rouse the star from his coma by playing him music and Dwina revealed it was the star's favourite song from his new 'Titanic Requiem' album that made them realise he was aware of what he was hearing.

She explained to Britain's HELLO! magazine: "One of our favourite tracks, 'Distress', came on. It's a rousing emotive mass sung in Latin and as we played it, his EEG machine, which measures electrical activity in the brain, went mad.

"For us, this was a sure sign that he was responding. So I lifted up one of his headphones and asked, 'Robin, can you hear the music?'

Doctors were also shocked when Robin awoke as they had warned his family to expect the worst.

Dwina said: "The doctors were astounded. They kept shaking their heads in disbelief. They'd tried everything in their power to bring Robin back and when it didn't work their prognosis was bleak.

"They didn't think he was going to make it and warned us to prepare for the worst."

I'd wake up from a coma just to get them to stop playing that music.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 12:41:52 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 03, 2012, 12:05:57 PM

For reference, it's probably not what you're expecting.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 03, 2012, 12:41:52 PM

Nice hook.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »
Quote from: flannj on May 03, 2012, 01:19:20 PM
Quote from: PenPho on May 03, 2012, 12:41:52 PM

Nice hook.

[adjusts glasses]

How terribly vulgar and banal. Hmph.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
He finally died, which started the whole world living.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »
At least he didn't slowly succumb to whatever it was that was killing him.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 01:27:44 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 20, 2012, 06:02:56 PM
At least he didn't slowly succumb to whatever it was that was killing him.

I'd like Dubbs's input as to whether I should go with that cut.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:23 AM »
How Deep is Your Grave?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs