News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Thursday Night Massacre  ( 2,628 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Thursday Night Massacre
« on: May 10, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Looks like 30 Rock, Community and Parks and Recreation are gone.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/nbc-final-shortened-seasons-30-rock-community-parks-recreation-article-1.1074555

NBC making way for Anne Heche, Matthew Perry and Bill Paxton.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Thursday Night Massacre
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:17:51 PM »
I think they just picked that story up from some random blog. Seems pretty unsourced at this point.

Seems pretty unbelievable that they'd can their three most acclaimed shows all at once, as dumb as NBC is.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »
Yeah, I mostly just posted in hopes that Bort or Tank or somebody would pick me up on The Simpson's gag.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 10, 2012, 06:11:15 PM
Yeah, I mostly just posted in hopes that Bort or Tank or somebody would pick me up on The Simpson's gag.

I'm gonna have to plead "woosh" on this one.

Maybe Huey gets it.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 10, 2012, 03:03:27 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/nbc-final-shortened-seasons-30-rock-community-parks-recreation-article-1.1074555

FINE.

It's Bill PULLMAN, you fool!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:23:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 10, 2012, 09:59:38 PM
Quote from: CT III on May 10, 2012, 03:03:27 PM

FINE.

It's Bill PULLMAN, you fool!

Seems like that would have required me to read the linked article carefully all the way to the end.

You want the impossible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
Pass the Snakejuice, Parks got a full-season renewal of 22 episodes. This is, literally, the best day of my life. Ann Perkins!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Friday Night Massacre
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/13/nbc-2012-13-season-schedule-announced-includes-fall-cycle-of-the-voice-community-on-friday-more/133828/

QuoteIn the big news (at least for our Saturday morning traffic when we post the Friday night ratings reports) Community will air on Friday nights along with Whitney.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/harmon-isnt-signed-for-new-community-episodes.html

QuoteNBC chief Bob Greenblatt has just confirmed what's been an open secret in Hollywood: While Community has been renewed, lead producer Sony Pictures Television has not yet signed creator Dan Harmon to a new deal to exec produce the new batch of episodes. Harmon only signed a one-year deal when the show was renewed last spring, and insiders tell Vulture there haven't been any intense talks just yet. Greenblatt said he's aware Harmon isn't signed, but said he doesn't know details: "I've been so busy looking at our new shows and putting together the schedule, that hasn't come to me yet," he told Vulture. (Universal Television, overseen by Greenblatt, is a co-producer of Community). So what happens if there is no deal? "Shows lose showrunners all the time and do well," Greenblatt said. "We have to figure out at makes sense. I don't have a specific answer for that yet." Gulp.

Meanwhile, Greenblatt also explained why Community has been shifted to Fridays. It turns out it's all about Grimm. The latter drama has done decently on Fridays at 9, where it's often the top show on Fridays among viewers under 50. Putting scripted shows in front of it, instead of reality, might boost ratings even more. Plus, "Both [Community and Whitney] have core audiences that seem to travel with them," he said.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Friday Night Massacre
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 14, 2012, 12:23:06 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/13/nbc-2012-13-season-schedule-announced-includes-fall-cycle-of-the-voice-community-on-friday-more/133828/

QuoteIn the big news (at least for our Saturday morning traffic when we post the Friday night ratings reports) Community will air on Friday nights along with Whitney.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/harmon-isnt-signed-for-new-community-episodes.html

QuoteNBC chief Bob Greenblatt has just confirmed what's been an open secret in Hollywood: While Community has been renewed, lead producer Sony Pictures Television has not yet signed creator Dan Harmon to a new deal to exec produce the new batch of episodes. Harmon only signed a one-year deal when the show was renewed last spring, and insiders tell Vulture there haven't been any intense talks just yet. Greenblatt said he's aware Harmon isn't signed, but said he doesn't know details: "I've been so busy looking at our new shows and putting together the schedule, that hasn't come to me yet," he told Vulture. (Universal Television, overseen by Greenblatt, is a co-producer of Community). So what happens if there is no deal? "Shows lose showrunners all the time and do well," Greenblatt said. "We have to figure out at makes sense. I don't have a specific answer for that yet." Gulp.

Meanwhile, Greenblatt also explained why Community has been shifted to Fridays. It turns out it's all about Grimm. The latter drama has done decently on Fridays at 9, where it's often the top show on Fridays among viewers under 50. Putting scripted shows in front of it, instead of reality, might boost ratings even more. Plus, "Both [Community and Whitney] have core audiences that seem to travel with them," he said.

Harmon is pretty much crazy, but it's tough to imagine Community going forward without him.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
Whitney has an audience?  That show is awful.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 15, 2012, 07:52:11 AM
Whitney has an audience?

Intrepid Reader: Gil

"Whitney was surprisingly funny."

"I liked Whitney, damnit!!"

"The sitcom-y delivery was obnoxious. But I chose to view it as a nuanced criticism of 80s sitcoms. Bordering on an homage. Damnit, I liked Whitney! Maybe that's what it needs, an exclamation point."

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »
I shoulda known.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 15, 2012, 08:29:40 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 15, 2012, 07:52:11 AM
Whitney has an audience?

"Whitney was surprisingly funny."

"I liked Whitney, damnit!!"

"The sitcom-y delivery was obnoxious. But I chose to view it as a nuanced criticism of 80s sitcoms. Bordering on an homage. Damnit, I liked Whitney! Maybe that's what it needs, an exclamation point."

What an asshole.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.