News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Girl & The Goat  ( 4,851 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Girl & The Goat
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
I'm going here on Saturday (after making reservations back in February).  What should I make sure to order other than the pig face?  And is it small plates?  I hate small plates b/c I'm never full after spending a ton of money.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Girl & The Goat
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
Kinda small plates. But not too bad price wise.  I think when I went to the publican I spent a bit more

Green beans dear god so good.  Soft shell crab is also rock solid in my book.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »
Quote from: BBM on May 30, 2012, 12:45:49 PM
Kinda small plates. But not too bad price wise.  I think when I went to the publican I spent a bit more

Green beans dear god so good.  Soft shell crab is also rock solid in my book.

Seconded on the green beans. Grilled broccoli was divine. The goat meat with the lobster and crab was delicious.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 02:18:53 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 30, 2012, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: BBM on May 30, 2012, 12:45:49 PM
Kinda small plates. But not too bad price wise.  I think when I went to the publican I spent a bit more

Green beans dear god so good.  Soft shell crab is also rock solid in my book.

Seconded on the green beans. Grilled broccoli was divine. The goat meat with the lobster and crab was delicious.

Beans are excellent.  Get the hiramasa crudo with pork belly if available.  The ham frites are fun.  Really haven't had a bad thing.  Try something that you think you won't like and you are likely to be surprised (G&G really are good at pairing oddball things).

Also, they charge for bread, which does seem like a bit of a gyp at first glance (and maybe second as well), but they are really good, and are worth trying.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
I can't wait to hear tales about waitress fingerbanging following Chad's meal.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 05:48:23 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on May 30, 2012, 02:18:53 PM
Also, they charge for bread, which does seem like a bit of a gyp at first glance (and maybe second as well), but they are really good, and are worth trying.

Racist.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 30, 2012, 02:41:39 PM
I can't wait to hear tales about waitress fingerbanging following Chad's meal.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
Went to Little Goat on Saturday.  Outstanding.  I guess you could call it upscale diner food.  They have breakfast all day, but I'll probably go back for that.  There wasn't as "fancy" of dishes as Big Goat or Deep Goat, but the quality was just as excellent and about half the price
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
Goat empanadas with marinated sheep feta, pickled golden beets and tzatziki.

Bittersweet chocolate with shiitake mushroom-caramel gelato topped with toffee creme fraiche.

I want to go back.

(and the ham frites would be the best thing in the world while stoned)
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen