News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Travis "gives me" Wood bollockyoghurt chapchutney thread  ( 13,424 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Travis "gives me" Wood bollockyoghurt chapchutney thread
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2015, 09:31:10 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 23, 2015, 08:48:51 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2015, 12:52:04 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2015, 11:55:09 PM
This thread is still dumber than shit but Travis did a fine job saving their asses tonight.

Not bump-worthy IMO. Had he gone 5 innings and bridged the Cubs directly to the 8th himself yeah.  I mean, good effort and all, but after the last 8 or so months of tub- shitting  giving his team 3 1/3 IP is the least he can do. 

Unless he does this in a playoff game of course.

This is world class Huebiting.

It actually made my morning just to come and see this response. I assume Huey was so incensed he spit out his morning optoat (then quickly gathered the chunks back up and stuck them back in because he ain't made of money, dammit).
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2015, 09:39:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 09:31:10 AM
This thread is still dumber than shit but Travis did a fine job saving their asses tonight.

Not bump-worthy IMO. Had he gone 5 innings and bridged the Cubs directly to the 8th himself yeah.  I mean, good effort and all, but after the last 8 or so months of tub- shitting  giving his team 3 1/3 IP is the least he can do. 

It actually made my morning just to come and see this response. I assume Huey was so incensed he spit out his morning optoat (then quickly gathered the chunks back up and stuck them back in because he ain't made of money, dammit).

Hey you do what you got to do with your Morning Hard-On; not judging.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2015, 09:45:10 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2015, 09:39:01 AM

Refusing to call morning wood "morning wood" just to spite Travis Wood?

That sure is our Huey! [Roll Laugh Track]

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:19 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 23, 2015, 09:45:10 AM

Not bump-worthy IMO. Had he gone 5 innings and bridged the Cubs directly to the 8th himself yeah.  I mean, good effort and all, but after the last 8 or so months of tub- shitting  giving his team 3 1/3 IP is the least he can do.  

Missed my opportunity there.

When Wood came into the game in the 3rd, I literally said to the folks in my section last night, "Boy it'd be nice if Wood could throw 5 innings and take them to the 8th"

And then he induced a double play.

And then he walked 2 straight guys.

But yeah he managed to traverse through a Dodger lineup to get 10 outs so don't let me stand in the way of his winning the gold medal in SKO's Low Bar Olympics.  Cheer the raggedy-ass rail-splitter all you want.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2015, 10:15:19 AM

Not bump-worthy IMO. Had he gone 5 innings and bridged the Cubs directly to the 8th himself yeah.  I mean, good effort and all, but after the last 8 or so months of tub- shitting  giving his team 3 1/3 IP is the least he can do.  

When Wood came into the game in the 3rd, I literally said to the folks in my section last night, "Boy it'd be nice if Wood could throw 5 innings and take them to the 8th"

But yeah he managed to traverse through a Dodger lineup to get 10 outs so don't let me stand in the way of his winning the gold medal in SKO's Low Bar Olympics.  Cheer the raggedy-ass rail-splitter all you want.

Why does it matter if he got them to the 8th? Do you really want Travis Wood throwing in the 8th inning vs that lineup? He and James Russell combined with Wada to form a voltron of mediocre lefties that got them into the 7th so they could use their pen normally from there on out. Would you have expected Wada to get them to the 8th?

Hell, Wada left in the 3rd and they didn't even need to use Grimm at all in that game. Their pen is hardly taxed, and there's a good chance Wood allowed them to avoid having do to that awful thing they do where they call up Schlitter because their pen is too tired.

I deemed it worthy of a modest congratulatory bump.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2015, 10:32:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 10:26:19 AM

Why does it matter if he got them to the 8th? Do you really want Travis Wood throwing in the 8th inning vs that lineup? He and James Russell combined with Wada to form a voltron of mediocre lefties that got them into the 7th so they could use their pen normally from there on out. Would you have expected Wada to get them to the 8th?

Hell, Wada left in the 3rd and they didn't even need to use Grimm at all in that game. Their pen is hardly taxed, and there's a good chance Wood allowed them to avoid having do to that awful thing they do where they call up Schlitter because their pen is too tired.

What I find most amusing in all this is that Huey seems to think that bumping a thread on a message board is on par with winning the Cy Young award.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2015, 10:32:55 AM »

Fine!

*walks off in a huff*

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2015, 10:34:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 23, 2015, 10:32:43 AM

What I find most amusing in all this is that Huey seems to think that bumping a thread on a message board is on par with winning the Cy Young award.

I do?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2015, 10:39:55 AM »

Heck, I even tried to stave off the Huebiting by admitting that having a Travis Wood thread at all (thanks to some trigger happy Australian) was dumb, but even that qualifier wasn't enough.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2015, 10:34:44 AM

I do?

Don't be coy.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »
What I find amusing (but not most amusing since I'm not a boring ole' biddy like CT) is that CT equates 5 innings of relief work with being worthy of a Cy Young award.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
Clearly, this thread was worthy of bumping if only to see Huey being Huey.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2015, 01:17:46 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 23, 2015, 01:13:17 PM

He didn't disappoint.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 01:17:46 PM

He didn't disappoint.

This turned out so well I'm not even mad at Tonk for starting this piece of shit thread anymore.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 01:17:46 PM

He didn't disappoint.

*bows*

*falls into orchestra pit*