News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: NCAA/B1G Football  ( 44,600 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: NCAA/B1G Football
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2015, 12:09:48 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 28, 2015, 11:30:20 AM

Pretty sad situation, I always kind of liked this guy...

Jerry Kill retires

That is sad.  NIU wouldn't be what they are without him.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2015, 07:28:17 PM »
Oh, Illinois.  Bill Cubit, two years, really?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2015, 09:24:28 AM »
Wondering if Michigan State make the playoff if they knock off Iowa.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 28, 2015, 07:28:17 PM

Placeholder.  They need to hire a whole new administration. Provost. Chancellor. AD. No decent coach is going to come from the outside to take this job until those positions are filled.

And you can't give a guy a 1 year deal and have him actually be able to tell a kid that the coach will be there.  He can at least lie and say he's sticking around because he has a 2 year deal in place.

Cubit isn't making enough to prevent the school from eating a year's salary.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2015, 09:50:42 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 30, 2015, 09:42:05 AM

Placeholder.  They need to hire a whole new administration. Provost. Chancellor. AD. No decent coach is going to come from the outside to take this job until those positions are filled.

And you can't give a guy a 1 year deal and have him actually be able to tell a kid that the coach will be there.  He can at least lie and say he's sticking around because he has a 2 year deal in place.

Okay, but they should have fired Thomas and had a new AD in place months ago. Apparently no one ever told the U of I that whenever they find themselves in a hole, the first step is to stop digging.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 30, 2015, 09:50:42 AM

Okay, but they should have fired Thomas and had a new AD in place months ago. Apparently no one ever told the U of I that whenever they find themselves in a hole, the first step is to stop digging.

Also, Illinois football isn't really a thing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: November 30, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 30, 2015, 10:10:34 AM

Right. All of this would assume that Illinois actually gives a shit about their football program. Which they don't.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: November 30, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 30, 2015, 10:12:34 AM

Right. All of this would assume that Illinois actually gives a shit about their football program. Which they don't.

To be fair, I didn't realize anyone gave a shit about the Illinois football team until I visited this board.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:12 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 30, 2015, 10:19:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 30, 2015, 10:12:34 AM

To be fair, I didn't realize anyone gave a shit about the Illinois football team until I visited this board.

BC and no one else.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »

Also, Illinois football athletics isn't really a thing.

FTFY

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 30, 2015, 10:20:46 AM

FTFY

Seriously.  They've reached a quite a nadir.  Time was, you could at least point to the basketball team as salvation, but even the basketball team is going on--what--their 4th straight year of underwhelming their opponents? 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 30, 2015, 10:42:23 AM

FTFY

Seriously.  They've reached a quite a nadir.  Time was, you could at least point to the basketball team as salvation, but even the basketball team is going on--what--their 4th straight year of underwhelming their opponents? 

Hey now, at least they've got that win over Chicago State to hang their hat on.

Seriously though, I think I owe my almost complete apathy towards college sports to my 5 years at Illinois, and I am better for it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: November 30, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 30, 2015, 11:07:51 AM

FTFY

Seriously though, I think I owe my almost complete apathy towards college sports to my 5 years at Illinois, and I am better for it.

I have been eternally grateful that the College of Charleston gave up on football in 1928.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »

FTFY

What about the other 2 years? Down the drain?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2015, 11:36:03 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 30, 2015, 11:28:10 AM

FTFY

What about the other 2 years? Down the drain?

Nah, I decided against an MBA.