News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread  ( 363,306 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs' Prospects FUTUREBONER thread
« Reply #1830 on: September 02, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 31, 2014, 01:12:49 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 30, 2014, 08:57:32 PM
Quote from: Yeti on August 28, 2014, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: Eli on August 28, 2014, 10:03:24 AM

Texas tattoo? Get the fuck out of here. I HATE YOU, JASON

I am too busy wondering what that man in the background is doing with his hand?

He's just doing what any of us do after we've been to the restroom.

Other than putting the scooper back by the litter box, of course.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1831 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:51 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 30, 2014, 08:57:32 PM
Quote from: Yeti on August 28, 2014, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: Eli on August 28, 2014, 10:03:24 AM

Texas tattoo? Get the fuck out of here. I HATE YOU, JASON

I am too busy wondering what that man in the background is doing with his hand?

GIL!!!!
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1832 on: September 12, 2014, 11:14:55 AM »
Rodgers screams "Theo/Hoyer/McLeod draft pick" to me, but it's too early to start hoping they pick certain guys TIME TO START WISHCASTING TEENAGERS
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1833 on: September 12, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 12, 2014, 11:14:55 AM
Rodgers screams "Theo/Hoyer/McLeod draft pick" to me, but it's too early to start hoping they pick certain guys TIME TO START WISHCASTING TEENAGERS

I assume because he's a SS?

I hope they take the best college bat in the first again and then pitchers in the next 10 rounds. 

Wash, rinse, repeat, chammenchip.

I'll also support drafting Kyle Funkhouser, because that name is awesome and we could all use a little more funk in our lives.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1834 on: September 12, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 12, 2014, 01:15:21 PM

I hope they take the best college bat in the first again and then pitchers in the next 10 rounds. 

I'll also support drafting Kyle Funkhouser, because that name is awesome and we could all use a little more funk in our lives.

Marty's kid?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1835 on: September 12, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »

The position and the bat.

QuoteRodgers was a standout last summer with scouts saying he'd go in the top 50 picks as a high school junior, then he took a huge step forward this summer when his bat speed and raw power jumped at least a notch, if not two.  If you want to see him really let loose at the plate, check out this video, which I'm assuming is the And1 Mixtape Home Run Derby.  Rodgers is only a solid-average runner but makes the most of his foot speed with solid instincts and very rarely ever misplays a ball at short.  Some scouts aren't ready to anoint him the top prospect in the land yet because he doesn't "look like that type," which is basically code for an average running white shortstop isn't supposed to go 1/1.  An averaging running shortstop from Orlando went 5th overall last year with 50 at best raw power and the 2015 class is shallow up top, so Rodgers belongs somewhere close to #1 if he isn't the best player right now.

I also like Skye Bolt and Lucius Fox if they decide to go with some names in the later rounds.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1836 on: September 12, 2014, 01:33:15 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 12, 2014, 01:20:25 PM

Marty's kid?

My darling Harriet:

To think that I waited a year to consummate our loving relationship makes my heart beat so loudly I'm surprised it didn't wake you up.

The only reason I'm not here now darling is that I'm at work to make enough money to buy you a house, a picket fence, we'll have dogs and children.

When the 5 o'clock dinner bell rings I will be home like the winged Gossamer of love in your arms.

Your loving husband, Harry.

PS. Your cunt is in the sink.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1837 on: September 13, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »
Cubs haven't re-upped with Boise, Kane County or Daytona yet.

Local papers in Boise and Daytona don't seem very optimistic about the Cubs being there next season.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1838 on: September 13, 2014, 10:49:51 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 13, 2014, 09:52:14 PM

Local papers in Boise and Daytona don't seem very optimistic about the Cubs being there next season.

Also, the Dodgers may be leaving Albuquerque and get replaced by either the Rockies or Astros.  No need to worry, though. As long as SKO and I are around, the Albuquerque Isotopes-Iowa Cubs rivalry will continue.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1839 on: September 14, 2014, 01:24:43 AM »

Only one of these I care about is Daytona — that ballpark has great history and it's a really cool stop if you're traveling to watch Cubs affiliates.  Wonder what the holdup with KC is.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1840 on: September 14, 2014, 06:43:39 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 14, 2014, 01:24:43 AM

Only one of these I care about is Daytona — that ballpark has great history and it's a really cool stop if you're traveling to watch Cubs affiliates.  Wonder what the holdup with KC is.

Problem with Daytona is the amount of rainouts/doubleheaders in the FSL the past few years.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1841 on: September 14, 2014, 08:13:09 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 14, 2014, 06:43:39 AM

Problem with Daytona is the amount of rainouts/doubleheaders in the FSL the past few years.

Or every year.  It's Florida.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1842 on: September 16, 2014, 04:09:03 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 14, 2014, 08:13:09 AM

Only one of these I care about is Daytona — that ballpark has great history and it's a really cool stop if you're traveling to watch Cubs affiliates.  Wonder what the holdup with KC is.

Or every year.  It's Florida.

Or they could just leave the stupid FSL entirely.

Myrtle Beach, here we come.

Maybe on Olt's next rehab assignment, he can return to Myrtle Beach (.891 OPS over ~ 300 PAs in 2011) and visit some of his former flings.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1843 on: September 16, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 16, 2014, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 14, 2014, 08:13:09 AM

Only one of these I care about is Daytona — that ballpark has great history and it's a really cool stop if you're traveling to watch Cubs affiliates.  Wonder what the holdup with KC is.

Or every year.  It's Florida.

Or they could just leave the stupid FSL entirely.

Myrtle Beach, here we come.

Maybe on Olt's next rehab assignment, he can return to Myrtle Beach (.891 OPS over ~ 300 PAs in 2011) and visit some of his former flings.

But then again, the lovely Kala Shea (Lady Olt).

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1844 on: September 16, 2014, 05:30:29 PM »
Leaving Florida for SC to escape rain is like leaving North Dakota for Chicago to escape the winter.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck