News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: End of Watch  ( 3,014 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
End of Watch
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
You are not going to forget this movie anytime soon after seeing it.  There is absolutely no plot.  that is not a drawback.  It is a series of anecdotes driving toward a powerful conclusion.  I think it captures the personality of many cops whom I have known, and in spite of themselves, respected.  It takes a different kind of person than I am to do what they have to do, and in spite of my liberal sensitivity, I am glad that they are doing it.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: End of Watch
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:50 AM »
I watched this on the plane the other day.  Rarely has a three-hour flight gone past so quickly.  As Stew says, there's very little indeed in the way of plot but it really doesn't matter: it's all about the characters, and not in a bad, Paul Thomas Anderson kind of a way.  Jake (looks up correct spelling of Gyllenhaal) Gyllenhaal is absolutely fucking outstanding, and honestly, I could watch the interaction between him and Michael Peña (who's started turning up in all sorts of stuff I've been watching recently, and I'm really beginning to like) all day long.

Fantastic film, and one which I will watch again, soon.  If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favour.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:24:58 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 15, 2015, 11:55:50 AM
I watched this on the plane the other day.  Rarely has a three-hour flight gone past so quickly.  As Stew says, there's very little indeed in the way of plot but it really doesn't matter: it's all about the characters, and not in a bad, Paul Thomas Anderson kind of a way.  Jake (looks up correct spelling of Gyllenhaal) Gyllenhaal is absolutely fucking outstanding, and honestly, I could watch the interaction between him and Michael Peña (who's started turning up in all sorts of stuff I've been watching recently, and I'm really beginning to like) all day long.

Fantastic film, and one which I will watch again, soon.  If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favour.

Playing Sunday AM on Spike.

Just set the DVR.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 15, 2015, 11:55:50 AM

I try to a couple of times a week, never tried it the French way though.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen