News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Charles Tillman will knock your balls out for you.  ( 16,623 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Charles Tillman will knock your balls out for you.
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 13, 2013, 12:07:59 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2013, 11:40:29 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 13, 2013, 11:23:57 AM
I know the Pro Bowl doesn't really mean anything, but the fact that it took as long as it did for Peanut to finally make one is enough to make me run through a brick wall.  Figuratively.

What can you say? BC and FroDog have a lot of pull with Pro Bowl voters.

I still don't really know what that perennial snub was all about. Maybe voters saw him as a Cover-2 corner who didn't have to do much but sit back, wait for guys to catch the ball and then knock their balls out for them. Oh and also help out against the run. And if it's not too much trouble, take the biggest, baddest, strongest receivers in the history of the game and dong-whip the shit out of them until they cry and just forego the formalities by avoiding the ball altogether. Nevermind that the rules regarding pass defense make the shut-down corner in the traditional sense a non-thing.

Or maybe he was overshadowed by more famous teammates like Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers, Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. The Vasher selection in 2005 was horse shit though. Horse shit.

At least the world now knows what the fuck the deal was. And I take great pride in the part I had to play in that cultural awakening.

As much as I like Tillman, I think I like the phrase "dongwhip" even more.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2013, 07:27:33 AM »
30 + INTS, 30 + forced fumbles...what Apex said.

Damn fine 10 year career.  I think a case can be made for the Hall, no?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2013, 08:12:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 14, 2013, 07:27:33 AM
30 + INTS, 30 + forced fumbles...what Apex said.

Damn fine 10 year career.  I think a case can be made for the Hall, no?

It could be if they knew what to look at, but they don't. Tillman doesn't fit the mold because blah blah zone corner, which is total bullshit. I'm hoping the rise in popularity of Pro Football Focus and the NFL teams that use it will help people realize what they've said for years: Tillman was Limited by the system he played in, not made by it.

He could have played man all day if they needed. Hell, even this year, hobbbled as he's been, he was only allowing 56% of balls thrown his way to be completed (although he has allowed 7 TDs, worst in the NFL), and his coverage stats the two years before that were ludicrous.

Take that he was as good in man coverage if not better than many of the often overrated "I am a shutdown corner because why would you throw to me if any of the other defenders just plain suck" guys like Nnamdi and throw in the turnovers and his ability to actually tackle ball-carriers, Tillman should be held up as the gold standard of corners, not a guy who had his career made for him by a vanilla coverage scheme.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2014, 04:59:08 PM »
What have you been getting in these, Pex?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 09, 2014, 04:59:08 PM

Peoples' balls that he knocked out for them, dipped in chocolate and nuts and caramel and stuff like that.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 11, 2014, 01:36:28 PM

Peoples' balls that he knocked out for them, dipped in chocolate and nuts and caramel and stuff like that.

Worth the $50?

Sorry, dumb question. Worth every penny.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 11, 2014, 02:49:43 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 11, 2014, 01:36:28 PM

Worth the $50?

Sorry, dumb question. Worth every penny.

It was worth ten times that for Randy Moss' ball alone.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2014, 10:02:37 PM »
God fucking dammit. Bye, P'nut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgLNeuV_tM
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »
It's been real. I'll miss everything about the way he has gone about his business. I hope he finds/wants a job in broadcasting because he'd be the best we've ever heard. They say he doesn't live/breathe/eat/shit SPORTZ like some guys do so there might not be any desire on his part to stay around the game.

Anyway, I was right about Peanut all along and a lot of dipshits were wrong. I'll always have that.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:18 AM »
Why is everyone absolutely certain his career is over? I understand that there's a chance he's done for the season and will then retire, but all the weepy melancholy last night seemed a little premature without any other info.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 15, 2014, 08:56:18 AM
Why is everyone absolutely certain his career is over? I understand that there's a chance he's done for the season and will then retire, but all the weepy melancholy last night seemed a little premature without any other info.

I don't know - I'm sure he knows his own body pretty well and he was tearing up. That's telling. I guess we'll *clips watch to belt* wait and see.

Either way I'll always love Peanut.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2014, 09:29:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 15, 2014, 09:07:13 AM

I don't know - I'm sure he knows his own body pretty well and he was tearing up. That's telling. I guess we'll *clips watch to belt* wait and see.

Either way I'll always love Peanut.

Yeah, and it's the same tricep he tore last year and he had a pretty quick and instinctual reaction to it. Maybe we're lucky, but it seemed bad. It looked like the exact same reaction he had when it went last year after he popped Megatron

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2014, 10:02:37 PM
God fucking dammit. Bye, P'nut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgLNeuV_tM

For all that is awesome about that clip there is one negative.  I was just reminded of Michael Haynes *shudders*

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2014, 05:29:17 PM »
His season is officially over; placed on IR today.  :(

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:43 PM »

DAMN IT.