News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: College Basketball Still Sucks 2012-13  ( 24,136 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: College Basketball Still Sucks 2012-13
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2016, 08:28:38 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 17, 2016, 09:32:19 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 17, 2016, 09:12:13 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 17, 2016, 06:31:46 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on February 01, 2016, 08:25:53 AM
Quote from: flannj on January 31, 2016, 12:35:12 PM

Maybe this should go in the "I admit it thread" but I kind of like watching Providence, Marquette, Xavier and Nova games.

Maybe this thread should double as the I Admit It Thread for On Hoops, in which we all admit to caring about minor league basketball sometimes.

I tried earnestly to care about Purdue this year but their problems in the backcourt are so glaring that they've firmly established themselves as the most certain 5 seed ever to lose to a 12 seed in the history of NCAA Bracketation. If you do not pick them to lose like that in the first round this year, you're throwing one point into the trashcan. Caleb Swanigan is a legitimate NBA big with post moves and brute strength and high motor. I don't know who I'd compare him to just yet but maybe Zach Randolph with more ups? Or somebody nothing at all like that. I don't fucking know.

College Basketball Still Sucks.

But the 30 second shot clock kind of helps.

At least they made the tournament, which is apparently a thing any team outside the state of Illinois is allowed to do.

Illinois:NCAA basketball::Canada:NHL
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 08:49:25 AM »

Maybe this should go in the "I admit it thread" but I kind of like watching Providence, Marquette, Xavier and Nova games.

Maybe this thread should double as the I Admit It Thread for On Hoops, in which we all admit to caring about minor league basketball sometimes.

I tried earnestly to care about Purdue this year but their problems in the backcourt are so glaring that they've firmly established themselves as the most certain 5 seed ever to lose to a 12 seed in the history of NCAA Bracketation. If you do not pick them to lose like that in the first round this year, you're throwing one point into the trashcan. Caleb Swanigan is a legitimate NBA big with post moves and brute strength and high motor. I don't know who I'd compare him to just yet but maybe Zach Randolph with more ups? Or somebody nothing at all like that. I don't fucking know.

At least they made the tournament, which is apparently a thing any team outside the state of Illinois is allowed to do.

I'll give it 3 out of a possible 5 BCs. Solid BC post, Chuck. Tie it all back to Bill Self somehow, and it's got "4 BC material" written all over it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 08:56:43 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 18, 2016, 08:49:25 AM

I'll give it 3 out of a possible 5 BCs. Solid BC post, Chuck. Tie it all back to Bill Self somehow, and it's got "4 BC material" written all over it.

The intertubes make it appear that way, but it should be 0 BCs. BC says stuff wishing Illinois would be better.  I say it simply in derision.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »
This entire thread is a BC post now, including my extremely BC, albeit prophetic Purdue post. So the thread title is apropos regardless of the year and baseball season as so close I can smell it. It smells like... victory.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »
I hope Northwestern never makes the tournament.  This is a hilarious record and it should stand forever.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 18, 2016, 10:03:05 AM
I hope Northwestern never makes the tournament.  This is a hilarious record and it should stand forever.

Having never knowingly watched Northwestern basketball, I prefer to think they still use the two-handed set shot.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16