News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: A Chicagoan  ( 1,510 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
A Chicagoan
« on: November 07, 2012, 04:45:24 PM »
My brother died in September. He was a great brother and even better friend.   He was my reason for urging everyone to get to know your prostate.  His California absentee ballot arrived shortly after his death.    Yesterday I asked my sister-in-law if Art voted.  Since he was born in Chicago I felt that it was his birthright.  She said that she was tempted, but chickened out.  If you read the attached obituary, check out the last line.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?n=julian-weinberg&pid=160500527#fbLoggedOut
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: A Chicagoan
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2012, 04:45:24 PM
My brother died in September. He was a great brother and even better friend.   He was my reason for urging everyone to get to know your prostate.  His California absentee ballot arrived shortly after his death.    Yesterday I asked my sister-in-law if Art voted.  Since he was born in Chicago I felt that it was his birthright.  She said that she was tempted, but chickened out.  If you read the attached obituary, check out the last line.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?n=julian-weinberg&pid=160500527#fbLoggedOut

Last line:

Quote from: Stew's Brother's ObituaryArthur's family thanks everyone who gave their love and support during the last year, and requests that those wishing to honor his memory make donations in Arthur's name to prostate cancer research, Audubon Society or the charity of their choice , as long as it doesn't include the RNC.

My condolences, Stew.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 07:25:24 PM »
My condolences as well Stew.

Apparently Henry and Birdie were pretty good at the whole parenting thing.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »

Sorry to hear about this, Stew. You're in our thoughts tonight.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:55 PM »
Sorry Stew.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
My condolences.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 02:06:46 AM »
Stew, I'm very sorry for your loss.  Sterkte.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Sorry, Stew.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
Thanks for making an exception to your rule about avoiding this thread to share (a small part of) his story with us.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"