News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Borked  ( 1,937 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Borked
« on: December 19, 2012, 09:22:25 AM »
Robert Bork, per CNN

I await Gil's Nixon related tribute
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Borked
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:50:18 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on December 19, 2012, 09:22:25 AM
Robert Bork, per CNN

No, I won't celebrate him.  He's the reason why we have Kennedy's mealy-mouthed jurisprudence on the bench now.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 19, 2012, 09:50:18 AM
Robert Bork, per CNN

No, I won't celebrate him.  He'sTed Kennedy is the reason why we have (Anthony) Kennedy's mealy-mouthed jurisprudence on the bench now.

Fixed.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 19, 2012, 10:37:37 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 19, 2012, 09:50:18 AM
Robert Bork, per CNN

No, I won't celebrate him.  He'sTed Kennedy is the reason why we have (Anthony) Kennedy's mealy-mouthed jurisprudence on the bench now.

Fixed.

Fair enough.  Here's some great Bork on ... stuff

QuoteThe right to procreate is not guaranteed, explicitly or implicitly, by the Constitution.

QuoteThe major obstacle to a religious renewal is the intellectual classes, who are highly influential and tend to view religion as primitive superstition. They believe that science has left atheism as the only respectable intellectual stance.

QuoteThe notion that Congress can change the meaning given a constitutional provision by the Court is subversive of the function of judicial review; and it is not the less so because the Court promises to allow it only when the Constitution is moved to the left.

and my favorite...

QuoteWhen a judge assumes the power to decide which distinctions made in a statute are legitimate and which are not, he assumes the power to disapprove of any and all legislation, because all legislation makes distinctions.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
In all seriousness though, he was a fine jurist and he'll be missed.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:04 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 19, 2012, 11:33:54 AM

Also a fine hatchet man
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 19, 2012, 11:48:04 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 19, 2012, 11:33:54 AM

Also a fine hatchet man

Well duh.  Cox was getting all up in Dick's business, so he had Bork railroad him out of there.

Penis.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 19, 2012, 11:04:42 AM

QuoteThe right to procreate is not guaranteed, explicitly or implicitly, by the Constitution.

Why do conservatives hate our common law heritage?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »

Quote from: James Madison

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 08:34:01 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 19, 2012, 02:37:44 PM

Quote from: James Madison

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Forked.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
QuoteWhen a judge assumes the power to decide which distinctions made in a statute are legitimate and which are not, he assumes the power to disapprove of any and all legislation, because all legislation makes distinctions.

Uh, Marbury v Madison? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 11:20:15 PM »
quote]The notion that Congress can change the meaning given a constitutional provision by the Court is subversive of the function of judicial review; and it is not the less so because the Court promises to allow it only when the Constitution is moved to the left.
[/quote]

Wait.  I thought you just said that judicial review wasn't a good idea.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »
http://www.waggish.org/2012/robert-bork-in-memoriam/

QuoteThe fact that men, who did not cry ten years ago, now do so indicates that something has gone high and soft in the culture.

Let's try and keep the culture low and hard there, ladyboys.

QuoteAs one might suspect from their hostility to men, marriage, and family, radical feminists are very much in favor of lesbianism. They want not only lawful lesbian marriages but "reproductive rights" for lesbians.  That means the right to bear children through artificial insemination and the right to adopt one's lesbian partner's child.  Since sperm is sold freely in the United States, much more freely than in other nations, there are lesbian couples raising children.  It takes little imagination to know how the children will be indoctrinated.

Imagine... An entire generation of children-of-gays indoctrinated to believe their "parents" are regular human beings deserving of equitable treatment!

QuoteThe very fact that we have gone from Elvis to Snoop Doggy Dogg is the heart of the case for censorship.

One evening at a hotel in New York I flipped around the television channels. Suddenly there on the public access channel was a voluptuous young woman, naked, her body oiled, writhing on the floor while fondling herself intimately.... I watched for some time–riveted by the sociological significance of it all.

alt.sex is on the Internet. That's a category. They have a variety of things under alt.sex, which is alternative sex. Particularly horrifying was this alt.sex.stories. I don't know how to work the Internet yet, but I did that research. I found it written up.

Riveted. For science.

QuoteA lot of people comfort themselves with the thought that this is confined to the black community, but that's not true — some of the worst rappers are white, like Nine Inch Nails.

We're all depraved negroes now.

QuoteRadical individualism is the handmaiden of collective tyranny.

And a lazy pairing of antonyms is the handmaiden of vapid writing.

QuoteThe fossil record is proving a major embarrassment to evolutionary theory. Michael Behe has shown that Darwinism cannot explain life as we know it. Scientists at the time of Darwin had no conception of the enormous complexity of bodies and their organs.

Yes, and Antoine Lavoisier had no conception of the weirdness of quantum mechanics, so maybe phlogiston theory is right after all.

Intrepid Reader: Gil

ROBERT BORK WAS A SAINT! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some 'riveting sociological research' of my own to do over lunch.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 22, 2012, 03:33:56 PM
Quotealt.sex is on the Internet. That's a category. They have a variety of things under alt.sex, which is alternative sex. Particularly horrifying was this alt.sex.stories. I don't know how to work the Internet yet, but I did that research. I found it written up.

Better-boldfaced. One would think the man might have readily understood the notion of a hierarchy.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!