News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Deep Purple  ( 5,115 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Deep Purple
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 02:20:55 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 06, 2014, 01:53:48 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 06, 2014, 10:41:40 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2014, 10:09:56 AM
Quote from: flannj on May 05, 2014, 11:04:08 PM
With a few red lights and a few old beds, we made a place to sweat.

And then there's this.

Dive deeper.
God damn it, Marie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_a_Metal_Mood:_No_More_Mr._Nice_Guy#Personnel

QuotePersonnel

Pat Boone, Ronnie James Dio, Clydene Jackson Edwards, Merry Clayton, Carmen Twillie - vocals
Ritchie Blackmore, Mitch Holder, Dawayne Bailey, Dweezil Zappa, Dan Ferguson, Michael Thompson - electric guitar
Doug Cameron, Bruce Dukov, Michelle Richards - violin
Evan Wilson - viola
Larry Corbett - cello
Tom Scott, Gary Herbig, Don Menza, Pete Christlieb, Terry Harrington, Plas Johnson, Jeol Peskin - woodwinds
Frank Szabo, Chuck Findley, Wayne Bergeron, Rick Baptist, Chris Tedesco - trumpet
Dick "Slide" Hyde, Lew McCreary, Alan Kaplan, Bruce Otto, Dana Hughes - trombone
Dave Siebels - organ, keyboards
Andy Simpkins - acoustic bass
Marco Mendoza - electric bass
Gregg Bissonette - drums
Lenny Castro - percussion
Sheila E. - timbales

http://wc.arizona.edu/papers/90/126/21_1_m.html

QuoteWildcat: So ... tell me about this collaboration with Pat Boone.

Ronnie James Dio: I think collaboration is the wrong word - I don't know where people got that idea. All I did was the same as what some other people did. Ritchie Blackmore did a guitar solo on it, and he didn't collaborate with him. Pat chose to do certain songs and he called the artists to ask if they would lend him a hand if he needed it, or do a solo on it or sing a small part. So that's really what happened - all I did was go down to the session. I was knocked out - the musicians they had were absolutely unbelievable. And I sang one little part with Pat, that's all.

WC: To be honest, I haven't really even heard Pat Boone's album yet.

RJD: It's big band arrangements of those classic songs. And, they aren't the songs that Pat should be singing, but he did the best he could. It was a joke from the beginning anyway, and it turned into a serious joke at the end of the day. It got Pat in a lot of trouble, but the thing is ... I never thought I'd have the chance to meet Pat Boone. I mean he's Pat Boone - that guy's a legend. I mean, he was like Elvis when Elvis was Elvis.

So, just to get the chance to meet him. And then when I did . . . what a cool guy he is. A really smart man, really really bright musically, too. Just 'cuz he doesn't sing brilliantly, he's at least OK on the songs. But that's beside the point - smart man, nice guy, and he loves the songs. He really really loves metal music. He loves it. He's genuine about it . . . he says, "Man, I missed these songs all my life. They're so deep and great - I just love 'em." So he's a cool guy.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.