News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jorge Soler Zero Percent Financing Thud On The Shower Door SPLOOGE Fest  ( 67,879 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2015, 09:46:26 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 19, 2015, 09:44:37 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2015, 10:49:12 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/winning-and-losing-the-strike-zone-game/

On the flip side,  Cubs pitchers have benefited from a generous zone, so either Montero and Ross are as great at framing as we were told or the Cubs in general have just drawn some umps with wide zones this year.

That would explain both Cubs' pitchers getting help and Cubs hitters getting hosed.

The run does set up the play action, yes.

only if you can establish it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Also I have found Sterling and Huey arguing over who posted the Joyful Positive in this thread first amusing mostly because I don't think anyone in this thread's history has actually been down on Soler. IAN frets over the K's because that's his new thing, but I think everyone has pretty much agreed that Jorge will be fine. We just had a big spat over how much we can blame his current struggles on mean umps.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2015, 11:01:13 AM
Also I have found Sterling and Huey arguing over who posted the Joyful Positive in this thread first amusing mostly because I don't think anyone in this thread's history has actually been down on Soler. IAN frets over the K's because that's his new thing, but I think everyone has pretty much agreed that Jorge will be fine. We just had a big spat over how much we can blame his current struggles on mean umps. 6 minutes have gone by and I've failed to express my thoughts in writing.

TIME TO POST'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 19, 2015, 11:02:26 AM
Also I have found Sterling and Huey arguing over who posted the Joyful Positive in this thread first amusing mostly because I don't think anyone in this thread's history has actually been down on Soler. IAN frets over the K's because that's his new thing, but I think everyone has pretty much agreed that Jorge will be fine. We just had a big spat over how much we can blame his current struggles on mean umps. 6 minutes have gone by and I've failed to express my thoughts in writing.

TIME TO POST'd.

You really want on that list, dontcha
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Not panicking but if one of you advanced stats guys have anything that will help set me at ease about our guy Jorge I'd be okay with that.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Also I have found Sterling and Huey arguing over who posted the Joyful Positive in this thread first amusing mostly because I don't think anyone in this thread's history has actually been down on Soler. IAN frets over the K's because that's his new thing, but I think everyone has pretty much agreed that Jorge will be fine. We just had a big spat over how much we can blame his current struggles on mean umps.

Quote from: SKO on May 20, 2015, 10:23:30 AM
Not panicking but if one of you advanced stats guys have anything that will help set me at ease about our guy Jorge I'd be okay with that.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 20, 2015, 10:56:33 AM

That's quite a windsock.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 20, 2015, 10:57:27 AM

That's quite a windsock.

All well and good, I'm just wondering if there's some hidden explanation of Jorge's struggles or anything to indicate that he's closer to figuring it out than it looks. But fire away.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

That's quite a windsock.

Cut him some slack, he's been hormonal since giving birth.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 20, 2015, 10:58:49 AM

That's quite a windsock.

All well and good, I'm just wondering if there's some hidden explanation of Jorge's struggles or anything to indicate that he's closer to figuring it out than it looks. But fire away.

And you mocked me for my pre-emptive joyful positive on the grounds that nobody was worried about him. The rapidity with which you pretty much took the exact same tack is breathtaking.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 20, 2015, 11:01:12 AM

That's quite a windsock.

And you mocked me for my pre-emptive joyful positive on the grounds that nobody was worried about him. The rapidity with which you pretty much took the exact same tack is breathtaking.

Oh I wasn't mocking you then. It just felt like you and Sterling were both telling people to calm down about Jorge when no one was panicking at the time. Looking back at your original post I see you were basically just posting good things to comfort your own worries. Maybe we can both just sit over here, nervously hoping for the best together and let this one slide.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 20, 2015, 11:03:30 AM

That's quite a windsock.

Oh I wasn't mocking you then. It just felt like you and Sterling were both telling people to calm down about Jorge when no one was panicking at the time. Looking back at your original post I see you were basically just posting good things to comfort your own worries. Maybe we can both just sit over here, nervously hoping for the best together and let this one slide.

Deal.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on May 20, 2015, 11:05:42 AM

That's quite a windsock.

Deal.

Can you both shut the fuck up for 10 seconds now?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2015, 11:06:23 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 20, 2015, 11:05:42 AM

That's quite a windsock.

Deal.

Can you both shut the fuck up for 10 seconds now?

*Counts to 9*

Damnit.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

That's quite a windsock.

April: .247/.319/.395
May: .288/.360/.379

Edit: K% is also down from 36% in April to 31% in May.