News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2 Doors Down  ( 1,980 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
2 Doors Down
« on: May 20, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2 Doors Down
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »
Dead as a nail.  What kind of nail, I'm not too sure.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »
While I smirked at the thread title, it seems wrong to associate that assclown band with one of the greats.

So...

"The End"
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Will his death become a funeral pyre?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »
QuoteRonnie Cutrone: I loved Jim Morrison dearly, but Jim was not fun to go out with. I hung out with him every night for just about a year, and Jim would go out, lean up against a bar, order eight screwdrivers, put down six Tuinals on the bar, drink two or three screwdrivers, take two Tuinals, then he'd have to pee, but he couldn't leave the other five screwdrivers, so he'd take his dick out and pee, and some girl would come up and blow his dick, and then he'd finish the other five screwdrivers and then he'd finish up the other four Tuinals, and then he'd pee in his pants, and then Eric Emerson and I would take him home.

That was a typical night out with Jim. But when he was on acid, then Jim was really fun and great. But most of the time he was just a lush pill head.

Ray Manzarek: Jim was a shaman.

Danny Fields: Jim Morrison was a callous asshole, an abusive, mean person. I took Morrison to Max's and he was a monster, a prick. And his poetry sucked. He demeaned rock & roll as literature. Sophomoric bullshit babble. Maybe one or two good images.

Patti Smith was a poet. I think she elevated rock & roll to literature. Bob Dylan elevated it. Morrison's wasn't poetry. It was garbage disguised as teenybopper. It was good rock & roll for thirteen-year-olds. Or eleven-year-olds.

As a person, I think Morrison's magic and power went beyond the quality of his versifying. He was bigger than that. He was sexier than his poetry—more mysterious, more problematic, more difficult, more charismatic as a performer. There has got to be a reason why women like Nico and Gloria Stavers, the editor of 16 magazine, fell so deeply in love with him, because he was essentially an abusive man to women.

But it sure wasn't his poetry. I've got to tell you, it wasn't his poetry. He had a big dick. That was probably it
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
So was this the drummer from 3 Doors Down or what?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 20, 2013, 05:34:55 PM
While I smirked at the thread title, it seems wrong to associate that assclown band with one of the greats.

So...

"The End"

I almost went with an "organ donor" joke.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16