News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sacked  ( 1,352 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Sacked
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:33:32 AM »
David "Deacon" Jones, Hall of Fame Defensive End (and creator of the the modern football term for tackling a QB for loss?), 74.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sacked
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:39:06 AM »
DPD.

I remember seeing Jones on NFL Films in the 80's,  so I knew he was a character but these are some choice quotes, especially the one about my BFF Favre.

Quote"When I see guys huddling up after the game, to pray, that's what scares me about the game. I'm a Baptist, but I'm also a quarterback killer, and I ain't praying with you. But I will give you 30 seconds to ask your Lord and master to keep me from killing you." — Jones on an aspect of the modern game that upsets him.

"I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing." — Jones on speaking with opponents.

"I get so pissed off every time I hear Brett Favre say he's played 279 games in a row. I would rather slap my mama than allow a quarterback to play 279 games in a row. Somebody supposed to put him on the ground!" — Jones on Favre's consecutive games played streak.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
I'm stunned that Huey didn't give a full account of the extra point Jones kicked in Soldier Field while he was with the Redskins.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 04, 2013, 07:53:41 AM
I'm stunned that Huey didn't give a full account of the extra point Jones kicked in Soldier Field while he was with the Redskins.

Not familiar.  I do recall video footage of Dick Butkus catching a PAT at Wrigley Field though.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:46 AM »
No mention of this award-deserving acting turn on G Vs. E?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Quote from: CT III on June 04, 2013, 09:29:46 AM
No mention of this award-deserving acting turn on G Vs. E?

Or the Brady Bunch's landmark "Peter joins the Glee Club" episode?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16