News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Getting The Bandstink Back Together—Blackhawks 2013-?? Dynastink Thread  ( 28,978 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on July 01, 2013, 12:54:10 PM
Probably time for a new thread, yeah?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 05, 2013, 08:52:30 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 01, 2013, 12:54:10 PM
Probably time for a new thread, yeah?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Khabi & Kane will be a season-long movie starring Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
*closes laptop on train*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hockey-smart people: What should I think about the off-season moves thus far?  ARR DESE BUMZ ANY GUD
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 06, 2013, 04:41:17 PM
Hockey-smart people: What should I think about the off-season moves thus far?  ARR DESE BUMZ ANY GUD

It's the same goddamn team.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on July 06, 2013, 04:42:13 PM

Whew.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on July 06, 2013, 04:42:13 PM

You know, this is true, and it's fucking fantastic.  This wasn't some team that fell assbackwards into a title, these guys were the best team in the NHL from wire to wire.  They lost 4 guys from the roster, one of whom was the backup goalie and another who was Viktor Stalberg.  The only team that gave them a series in the Western Conference just moved to the East.  While most GMs went absolutely apeshit handing out ridiculous contracts in free agency the only "big" contract Bowman handed out was to Bryan Bickell, and it's now apparent Bicks left at least a year and $1 million on the table by not hitting the market.  There are several Ice Hogs that are ready to step in next year that I'm actually excited to see.  The  major questions the team has are Marian Hossa's health and whether Brandon Pirri can hold down the second line center spot.  Which are pretty much the same questions they had (sub in Dave Bolland for Pirri) going into 2013.

In short, after a 2 week break, I'm ready for hockey.  Let's start the season tomorrow.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Yes - Bowstink actually said after the first day of FA that he thinks if you're trying to build a team through free agency you've already lost. His plan - and clearly it is working - is to have youth ready to come up each and every year while shedding the expensive support players via trades for more picks. And the cycle continues.

That's exactly what you saw with the Bolland and Frolik trades. He said his scouts told him before the draft they wanted him to get more picks so that's what he did. Hopefully those scouts know what they're talking about. Based on guys like Shaw being picked in the 5th round and being almost instant NHL contributors I have to think they do.

If you can't enjoy watching a well-run franchise like this I don't know what else to tell you.

Side note: CT's point of Stalberg playing for Trotz is just the funniest goddamn thing. I can't wait to see how that goes.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on July 08, 2013, 10:35:56 PM
Yes - Bowstink actually said after the first day of FA that he thinks if you're trying to build a team through free agency you've already lost. His plan - and clearly it is working - is to have youth ready to come up each and every year while shedding the expensive support players via trades for more picks. And the cycle continues.

That's exactly what you saw with the Bolland and Frolik trades. He said his scouts told him before the draft they wanted him to get more picks so that's what he did. Hopefully those scouts know what they're talking about. Based on guys like Shaw being picked in the 5th round and being almost instant NHL contributors I have to think they do.

If you can't enjoy watching a well-run franchise like this I don't know what else to tell you.

Side note: CT's point of Stalberg playing for Trotz is just the funniest goddamn thing. I can't wait to see how that goes.

Just wait until you write the same thing about the Cubs in a few years.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2013, 10:55:54 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 08, 2013, 10:35:56 PM

Just wait until you write the same thing about the Cubs in a few years.

#WavesOfTalent

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Since Bickell is staying, Jeremy Morin (more of a Manbearpig than Sean Marshall) is arriving, and Mark McNeill is a year away, the 'hit the Hawks into submission" strategy will work a lot less than it already does.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just got the group sales email. October 5th is my first choice.
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Getting The Bandstink Back Together—Blackhawks 2013-?? Dynastink Thread
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
Fucking right, Chicago. Fucking worked his nuts off for this contract.

QuoteCorey Crawford's incredible year has been capped off with the announcement that that Chicago Blackhawks goaltender agreed to a six-year contract extension Monday.

... The deal reportedly is worth $36 million, which would mean an annual salary-cap hit of $6 million.

$6MM. Oh, my.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 02, 2013, 10:54:12 AM

QuoteCorey Crawford's incredible year has been capped off with the announcement that that Chicago Blackhawks goaltender agreed to a six-year contract extension Monday.

... The deal reportedly is worth $36 million, which would mean an annual salary-cap hit of $6 million.

$6MM. Oh, my.

I went to hockeenight to get their analysis on this trade...

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 08:35:55 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 03, 2013, 08:34:24 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 02, 2013, 10:54:12 AM

$6MM. Oh, my.

I went to hockeenight to get their analysis on this trade...

And to learn the difference between a trade and a contract extension?

Guess they don't teach you that at your fancy rotoworld site.