News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bummed  ( 1,407 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bummed
« on: October 23, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
Oail Andrew "Bum" Phillips, 90.

I know it's trite to wistfully remark that "they don't make 'em like that anymore", but it's true in this case.  The guy stalked the sidelines dressed as a goddamn cowboy for crying out loud.

Some really choice quotes:

"Two kinds of players ain't worth a damn: One never does what he's told, and one who does nothin' but what he's told"

(On RB Earl Campbell's inability to finish a 1-mile run) "When it's 1st and a mile, I won't give it to him."  

(Re: player who scored low on the Wonderlic): "Yeah, that test says he's dumb as a fence post, but when he hits he looks like Einstein to me."

"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else."

(In response to Sid Gillman telling him that breaking down film was better than sex) "Sid, you must not be doing it right."
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bummed
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:32:57 PM »
Kicking The Pearly Gates Down.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:54 PM »
Love ya, Death!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:45:46 PM »
My personal favorite:

On Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula: "He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

(||)
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »
(On Warren Moon's ARMCOCK):    "That boy could throw a football through a car wash and not get it wet."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 23, 2013, 02:01:40 PM
(On Warren Moon's ARMCOCK):    "That boy could throw a football through a car wash and not get it wet."

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16