News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,027 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 08:29:27 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 23, 2009, 03:44:55 AM
Holy crap - we haven't posted in the "Beer" thread for four years?  What have we been doing with our lives?

Posting in the other beer thread...

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=4096.0
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »
This is the worst beer thread on the internet. I've never been in here before but it's like if the burger thread was three pages of Burger King vs. McDonalds and somebody suggested that Carl's Jr. and Hardees are the same shit different part of the country and then somebody mentioned that there are some really good burgers to be had besides the fast foods and they were completely ignored.

I do like drinking Guiness all day on a football Sunday though. All freaking day.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 09:24:48 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2010, 07:34:57 PM
This is the worst beer thread on the internet.

Wrong...

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/bridge/index.php?f=4&t=41070&sid=f3d3947b7f8f1b3d87c5f22f86364fbb&rb_v=viewtopic

Quote from: CT Cubs Fan 38I don't know if its been done before but I figured why not. I'm trying to get some ideas as I am notoriously picky when it comes to Homer Simpson's beverage of choice.

What are your favorites people?

Quote from: DerwoodI used to be a beer snob, but then realized that most microbrews tasted like nine kinds of ass, so...

My beer of choice (esp on tap) is Yuengling, but that's not available everywhere. I also like JW Dundee's Honey Brown Ale, Killian's Red, Newcastle, Rolling Rock, MGD.....pretty much most common lagers you find on tap at restaurants.

Quote from: Keener98Bud Light Im boring. Also Blue Moon

Quote from: BI haven't really drank since I was in high-school, but back then I always liked Bud Ice.

Quote from: Bob Sanders
Quote from: earth2sean
Quote from: Bob SandersI've always been a huge fan of Budweiser, and I'm drinking Select almost exclusively now. Killian's is another of my favorites, but anymore I have to be in a mood to get it. My wife's uncle has a neighbor from Canada, so I occasionally score some really good Molson. Beats the hell out of the stuff you get in the stores around here.

I taste almost no difference between Molson and Budweiser.

get some from Canada -- you'll feel a difference

Quote from: apete6Domestic: Coors Light for all night drinking, Bud Select is probably the tastiest though

Micro/Less Popular: Blue Moon is awesome as are a lot of its "followers" like Leinie's Sunset Wheat and some other wheat beers. Goose Island 312 is also very awesome. I am also a fan of most of the Sam Adams and Leinenkugel's brews. Sprecher from Milwaukee also rocks.

Trivia Question/Answer: Where was Blue Moon invented? Answer: The brew pub at Coors Field in Denver.

Imports: Pacifico (for some reason like it better than Corona) and Smithwick's (this is my overall favorite)

Also, if you are ever in South Carolina, Palmetto Amber Ale is awesome and if you are in Tampa, FL area, the Dunedin Brewing Company puts out some top notch products.

Quote from: CDBears1259My favorites, no particular order:
Coors Original
Bud Select (current favorite)
Abita Beer (any of them except Turbodog and Purple Haze)
Blue Moon
Killian's Red
Newcastle
Pete's Strawberry Blonde
Bud Light
Michelob Ultra and Honey Lager

Quote from: MPriorSo the answer to your question is that there really is no good answer to your question, as it depends very heavily on taste.

For example, I love Blue Moon, which many people have suggested already. But I really don't like any of the Samuel Adams beers I've tasted, which is another popular choice (or Yuengling for that matter), and I'm shocked that so many people like Budweiser, as it is not only a product of St. Louis, but it is also made of fermented Clydesdale urine.

Some of my favorites:

Blue Moon
Newcastle
Fat Tire
Bass
Grolsch
Honey Brown
Black and Tan
Guinness (sometimes - it's in its own category)
Numerous microbrews (the ones I'm thinking of are generally very small and very local to the Western North Carolina area).

Oh, and Mike's Hard Lemonade Lite.

Just kidding.

That's all from page one.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 09:36:56 PM »
Another fish in the Cubs site barrel...

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/7/12/570205/video-of-10-year-old-kid-d

Hmmm.

Well, let me be the contrarian here. The comments on the link above basically say, "What's the big deal?"

Well, it is a big deal. Kids shouldn't drink beer. And the Cubs risk losing their liquor license if they allow
underage drinking, which is why they are constantly throwing people out of the bleachers for doing it.

There are enough alcohol problems in this country without starting a 10-year-old kid on it.

by Al Yellon on  Jul 13, 2008 4:24 AM CDT

LSA!

I agree 100% Al.

by gwood on  Jul 13, 2008 9:08 AM CDT

+ 1

by Fraggin Judge on  Jul 13, 2008 9:13 PM CDT

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 12, 2010, 09:36:56 PM
Another fish in the Cubs site barrel...

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/7/12/570205/video-of-10-year-old-kid-d

Hmmm.

Well, let me be the contrarian here. The comments on the link above basically say, "What's the big deal?"

Well, it is a big deal. Kids shouldn't drink beer. And the Cubs risk losing their liquor license if they allow
underage drinking, which is why they are constantly throwing people out of the bleachers for doing it.

There are enough alcohol problems in this country without starting a 10-year-old kid on it.

by Al Yellon on  Jul 13, 2008 4:24 AM CDT

LSA!

I agree 100% Al.

by gwood on  Jul 13, 2008 9:08 AM CDT

+ 1

by Fraggin Judge on  Jul 13, 2008 9:13 PM CDT

Kids should drink liquified bologna and nothing else.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 10:23:54 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2010, 07:34:57 PM
I do like drinking Guiness all day on a football Sunday though. All freaking day.

"And they gathered together a mighty host and the people saw them and they cried out, 'Look, a white tornado hath come to cleanse the land!' And they marched around Jericho U. seven times, but the walls were stout and the bearded ones therein defiant. Then Wallace gathered his police together and they blew a mighty blast on their bullhorns and the walls came tumbling down. And they burnt the city and there was a great Dixie Fry."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
Is this the new beer thread or is this where we make fun of those with terrible taste in beer?

I just picked up a Hop Stoopid and a Wico Tango Foxtrot. Really looking forward to both.

Also, Sofie is tasty - I hear it's going to be on tap at Goose on Clybourn.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 10:47:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 12, 2010, 10:26:43 PM
Is this the new beer thread or is this where we make fun of those with terrible taste in beer?

I just picked up a Hop Stoopid and a Wico Tango Foxtrot. Really looking forward to both.

Those sound delicious but you just made those names up. Didn't you?

I got some casks of Bonestick and Paul Pocket Purple at the sonofabitch today. I can't wait til Friday!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 11:07:33 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2010, 10:47:57 PM

I got some casks of Bonestick and Paul Pocket Purple at the sonofabitch today. I can't wait til Friday!

Nei.

WTF

Hop Stoopid

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »
Y'all should branch out into the cereal wines. I have a recipe for Cor!; it could be ready by fall.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 05:28:14 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 12, 2010, 10:47:57 PM

IAN is CDBears.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »

I've been making out with a lot of 90 Schilling lately from Odell. 
It's my favorite beer of the moment.

Odell also has a decent Red Ale for the summer, it's almost like a Red IPA (6.5%), which is unique. I'll enjoy it over the summer, but I won't miss it when it's gone.

Between 1554 and 90 Schilling, I would probably spend the rest of my days as a drunken hobo very happy married single man if I ever moved to Ft. Collins.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 13, 2010, 11:42:12 AM

I've been making out with a lot of 90 Schilling lately from Odell. 
It's my favorite beer of the moment.

Odell also has a decent Red Ale for the summer, it's almost like a Red IPA (6.5%), which is unique. I'll enjoy it over the summer, but I won't miss it when it's gone.

Between 1554 and 90 Schilling, I would probably spend the rest of my days as a drunken hobo very happy married single man if I ever moved to Ft. Collins.

I've never seen that beer here - wonder if it's available. You're out west right? Wondering if you can get Pliny the Elder anywhere. That is the best IPA I have ever tasted. The smell alone is worth the cost.