News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread  ( 129,794 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 14, 2014, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 14, 2014, 09:51:12 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 14, 2014, 09:17:19 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 13, 2014, 11:14:13 PM
His ankle exploded and he died. He's on the DL.

What?

Ankle sprain. 7-Day DL.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/baseball/iowa-cubs/2014/04/13/cubs-top-prospect-javier-baez-dl/7671239/

Jesus, Slak.

He's dead.

QuoteJavier Baez, the most polarizing, most discussed, and most hyped prospect in the Chicago Cubs' farm system, is at the center of attention again.

Unless "polarizing" can also mean "completely turgid pole-inducing," I have no idea what they're going on about there.

He's viewed by some as being a bit arrogant, given his skill set I'm not sure why that's surprising, he's awesome at baseball.
His teammates seem to like him. Being sassy and playing the game the right way can't happen at the same time.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »

What?

Ankle sprain. 7-Day DL.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/baseball/iowa-cubs/2014/04/13/cubs-top-prospect-javier-baez-dl/7671239/

Jesus, Slak.

He's dead.

QuoteJavier Baez, the most polarizing, most discussed, and most hyped prospect in the Chicago Cubs' farm system, is at the center of attention again.

Unless "polarizing" can also mean "completely turgid pole-inducing," I have no idea what they're going on about there.

"Pole-erizing"?

It's Des Moines. I bet that's just Iowan for "brown".
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 14, 2014, 10:19:35 AM

What?

Ankle sprain. 7-Day DL.

Jesus, Slak.

He's dead.

"Pole-erizing"?

It's Des Moines. I bet that's just Iowan for "brown".

Maybe they're referencing the sentiment put forth by mouthbreathers that he should have broken camp with the club to help them challenge for fourth place NOW NOW NOW.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2014, 12:37:25 PM »
Is anybody else a little worried about his plate approach translating to a negative in the majors and potentially interfering with him reaching his ceiling? Not saying he's going to be a bust, but just think how dominant he could be if he insisted on hitting his pitch and refusing to swing at pitches he can't do anything with. I'm no less turgid, despite this concern.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 14, 2014, 12:37:25 PM
Is anybody else a little worried about his plate approach translating to a negative in the majors and potentially interfering with him reaching his ceiling? Not saying he's going to be a bust, but just think how dominant he could be if he insisted on hitting his pitch and refusing to swing at pitches he can't do anything with. I'm no less turgid, despite this concern.

"Turgid".  Is that a "legal" word?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2014, 01:13:34 PM »

Look, if we have to start worrying about Javier Baez, I don't want to do any of this anymore.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 14, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

Depends on the jurisdiction.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2014, 02:03:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 14, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

You practice in Northern California, and you have to ask? I'm pretty sure boners are a significant part of labor law in those parts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 14, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

Look, if we have to start worrying about Javier Baez, I don't want to do any of this anymore.

FUCKING THI.  I refuse to worry about Baez.  The end.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »

Yeah. Given how the attempt at making Castro more patient turned out last year (which, tentatively, seems to have been reversed), maybe we should all just see how this one plays out and let Baez be Baez for a while.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2014, 04:06:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 14, 2014, 02:30:41 PM

Yeah. Given how the attempt at making Castro more patient turned out last year (which, tentatively, seems to have been reversed), maybe we should all just see how this one plays out and let Baez be Baez for a while.

I think the Cubs were overthinking a little last year. Some guys (Bryant) will hit and be OPB machines, and other guys (Baez) will just hit and strike out more.

Either way, they're hitting the ever loving fuck out of the ball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 14, 2014, 04:06:34 PM

I think the Cubs were overthinking a little last year. Some guys (Bryant) will hit and be OPB machines, and other guys (Baez) will just hit and strike out more.

The only thing he's hitting the everloving fuck out of with his exploded ankle is all dem fine corn-fed honeys.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2014, 04:42:18 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 14, 2014, 04:06:34 PM

DPD.  I'm not saying Baez should be turned into an On Percentage Base machine.  Just saying that maybe, just maybe, he's not going to be a generational talent if he keeps swinging at every pitch, especially sliders in the dirt that not even Vladimir Guerrero would want any part of.  I think he's going to fix that and be at the least a very good player, probably more, but we haven't seen that yet is all.