News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014 Chicago Cubs: Let's Go 2015 Cubs!  ( 30,411 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014 Chicago Cubs: Let's Go 2015 Cubs!
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 29, 2014, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2014, 08:04:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 29, 2014, 07:29:38 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 29, 2014, 07:13:04 AM
9 straight quality starts from Arietta, 2 from Hendricka, and a really nice outing from Wada last night.

While we're all tingly about the bats on the horizon, Jepstink is forming a pitching SNEAK ATTACK.

I'll get as excited about Arrieta and Hendricks as anyone can but I don't really think a 33 year old junkballer from Japan's that much to get excited about.

I like the guy as an eventual 4 or 5 LOOGY. At least until Jepstink finally get me the knuckleballer I've been craving since the Cubs had Hoyt Wilhelm.

For the Nippon Ham Fighters'd.

Look, I want the guy to succeed because JennPex roots for all the Japanese players and this would give her more INCENTIVE to watch games with me. But last night he pitched to contact and got a ton of groundballs against a crummy lineup that had never seen him before. He doesn't have devastating breaking stuff so as to give him a decided advantage against lefties. If you are hoping that Theo is planning to fill out the back of the rotation with AAAA washouts when this team is good, then you can go sit with Al and discuss how many more tears you're willing to shell out. If this guy takes a giant leap forward and makes the team out of Spring Training next year, I'll be thrilled. But I don't think he'll make it past September 1.

So much THIS.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 29, 2014, 09:47:11 AM
9 straight quality starts from Arietta, 2 from Hendricka, and a really nice outing from Wada last night.

While we're all tingly about the bats on the horizon, Jepstink is forming a pitching SNEAK ATTACK.

I'll get as excited about Arrieta and Hendricks as anyone can but I don't really think a 33 year old junkballer from Japan's that much to get excited about.

Stu Miller Pitched until he was 41.  3.24 ERA.  105-103 record.  Fast ball around 53 mph. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stu_Miller

Wada looks like he has a better chance of staying on the mound on windy days.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 29, 2014, 10:08:53 AM

I like the guy as an eventual 4 or 5 LOOGY. At least until Jepstink finally get me the knuckleballer I've been craving since the Cubs had Hoyt Wilhelm.

Look, I want the guy to succeed because JennPex roots for all the Japanese players and this would give her more INCENTIVE to watch games with me. But last night he pitched to contact and got a ton of groundballs against a crummy lineup that had never seen him before. He doesn't have devastating breaking stuff so as to give him a decided advantage against lefties. If you are hoping that Theo is planning to fill out the back of the rotation with AAAA washouts when this team is good, then you can go sit with Al and discuss how many more tears you're willing to shell out. If this guy takes a giant leap forward and makes the team out of Spring Training next year, I'll be thrilled. But I don't think he'll make it past September 1.

So much THIS.

A bunch of words and graphs and stats on Wada and why he probably sucks, but could be Jamie Moyer.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/7/29/5947059/tsuyoshi-wada-cubs-pitcher-pitching-backward

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 29, 2014, 06:42:24 PM

So much THIS.

A bunch of words and graphs and stats on Wada and why he probably sucks, but could be Jamie Moyer.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2014/7/29/5947059/tsuyoshi-wada-cubs-pitcher-pitching-backward

Jamie Moyer had a shit ton of movement on all four of his pitches. Wada can't be serious with the stuff he's tossing up there. I bet his wife and girlfriends are hot though.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:16 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 30, 2014, 09:28:43 AM

So much THIS.

Jamie Moyer had a shit ton of movement on all four of his pitches. Wada can't be serious with the stuff he's tossing up there. I bet his wife and girlfriends are hot though.

His wife, Kasumi Nakane, is actually pretty famous in those Asian places. I have no idea what "gravure idol" means, but I'm sure it involves very creepy Japanese men and young girls. 

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 30, 2014, 10:16:16 AM

So much THIS.

His wife, Kasumi Nakane, is actually pretty famous in those Asian places. I have no idea what "gravure idol" means, but I'm sure it involves very creepy Japanese men and young girls. 

:golf clap:
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2014, 10:51:03 AM »

So much THIS.

Gravure Idol just means she's a Japanese model of scant clothing.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 30, 2014, 10:51:03 AM

So much THIS.

One more, for the cheap seats.

Per her bio:
In 1996, she began working as a gravure idol, gaining success due to having a larger bust for her age.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 30, 2014, 10:55:05 AM

So much THIS.

Per her bio:
In 1996, she began working as a gravure idol, gaining success due to having a larger bust for her age.

Born April 3, 1982.

WTF, Japan?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2014, 10:59:27 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 30, 2014, 10:58:33 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 30, 2014, 10:55:05 AM

So much THIS.

Per her bio:

Born April 3, 1982.

WTF, Japan?

I have no idea what "gravure idol" means, but I'm sure it involves very creepy Japanese men and young girls. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
I expected more from the culture that gave us Used Panty Vending Machines.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »
This thread is about the game last night that started in 2014 and ended in 2015, right?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:24 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 30, 2014, 11:24:43 AM
This thread is about the game last night that started in 2014 and ended in 2015, right?

NEVER FORGET.  Cubs Hero John Baker strikes again.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »
Hi.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 30, 2014, 12:05:24 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 30, 2014, 11:24:43 AM

NEVER FORGET.  Cubs Hero John Baker strikes again.

I doubt that many of you stayed up to watch this.  I was still riveted to the screen at midnight in California.  I couldn't escape the feeling that I was seeing a game that would be part of Cub history.  It was fun.  The seats were almost empty, reminding me of the not so glorious days of the late 40's and 50's.  The lineups were depleted.  The players were tired.  The managers actually had to earn their pay.  And then a back-up catcher is called upon to pitch.  He gets out of a potential jam with a double play. A .208 hitter, he leads off in the bottom of the inning with a walk.  The bases are loaded and he scores from third base on a short fly out with a close paly at home plate.  I love baseball.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)