News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,470 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 23, 2015, 11:55:31 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 23, 2015, 11:54:06 AM
Quote from: Eli on March 23, 2015, 11:39:23 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 23, 2015, 10:30:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 23, 2015, 08:21:07 AM
Had to go to dinner with my wife's boss last night for a work thing she had. Her boss brought up Kris Bryant and I had to suffer through him saying the following

1) Why would they send him to the minors? That's so dumb

I explain team control

2)Well you just know if the Cubs do that they'll miss the playoffs by 1 game

3)You know even if he turns out good they'll just trade him like they did Samardzija and every other good player they had the last few years.

4) Lol Cubs DERP DERP goat DERP DERP

Fortunately real life SKO has far more restraint than Internet SKO becuase otherwise I think my wife would be unemployed this morning.

One of my favorites.

Still true.

First family reunion I ever went to with my wife's family was in 2011. Her cousin from Denver came wearing a Tebow jersey. He made mention of Tebow being better than Cutler ever was and....I'm not going back to anymore of those reunions, I'll tell you that.

It's like he was created solely to troll you.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: March 23, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 23, 2015, 11:55:31 AM
Had to go to dinner with my wife's boss last night for a work thing she had. Her boss brought up Kris Bryant and I had to suffer through him saying the following

I explain team control

3)You know even if he turns out good they'll just trade him like they did Samardzija and every other good player they had the last few years.

Fortunately real life SKO has far more restraint than Internet SKO becuase otherwise I think my wife would be unemployed this morning.

One of my favorites.

Still true.

First family reunion I ever went to with my wife's family was in 2011. Her cousin from Denver came wearing a Tebow jersey. He made mention of Tebow being better than Cutler ever was and....I'm not going back to anymore of those reunions, I'll tell you that.

The moment he got out of his car my wife immediately leaned over to me and was like "no. Just no. Don't even think about it." But, I mean, you all agree he made me, right?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: March 23, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 23, 2015, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 23, 2015, 11:55:31 AM

I explain team control

One of my favorites.

Still true.

The moment he got out of his car my wife immediately leaned over to me and was like "no. Just no. Don't even think about it." But, I mean, you all agree he made me, right?

Clearest case of provocation I've ever seen.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

Tebow playoff wins per season: 0.33
Cutler playoff wins per season: 0.11

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: March 23, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 23, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

As a Steelers fan and Cutler hater, this post has me so conflicted.

Ultimately, the hope that it makes SKO's head explode wins out.

+1.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: March 23, 2015, 01:31:58 PM »

Well now, that's just plain provocative.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: March 23, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 23, 2015, 01:31:58 PM

Well now, that's just plain provocative.

Actually the best Pro-Tebow argument ever was from the guy who added all of his rushing touchdowns to his passing TDs and then argued that he had more touchdowns per game than X number of hall of fame QBs who didn't serve as their own goal line RB. It was a hilarious misunderstanding of stats, but it was still at least a use of stats.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: March 23, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 23, 2015, 11:09:33 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 23, 2015, 10:49:26 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 23, 2015, 10:34:53 AM

I explain team control

One of my favorites.

However, shaming said people should be construed as unnecessary.

Look, if we're not shaming people anymore, we may as well shut it all down.

There is a time and place for that sort of behavior. For Huard, it's between the chalk lines of the softball diamond as soon as the shit hits the fan during a work-related phone call with the person's sister.

Pick a lane'd
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: March 25, 2015, 08:33:36 PM »
In which Theo basically says Bryant isn't starting the year in the majors:

Quote"Beyond that, Scott has a forum and obviously people are publishing what he says. He has a job to do and he has a great client who is a fantastic kid. The person who is handling this with the most professionalism and maturity is Kris Bryant. I couldn't be more proud of how he is handling a very difficult situation. He is getting asked about it every day. He doesn't get to just go focus on playing the game; he is asked about this from all corners and he is handling himself in a way that makes the Cubs proud.

"As far as when Kris makes his major league debut and whether it will be part of this Opening Day roster, we haven't put that final roster together yet," Epstein said. "I can say this: This is my 13th time putting a team together at the end of spring training and I have never once put a young prospect on an Opening Day roster when he had to make his major league debut (with the exception of a Rule 5 player).

"We've broken in some pretty good young players over the years from Kevin Youkilis to Hanley Ramirez to Dustin Pedroia to Jacoby Ellsbury to Jon Lester to Jonathan Papelbon and we have always given them the benefit of getting into the season in the minor leagues and getting into a good rhythm whether that is on the mound or offensively or defensively and playing in games that count rather than just spring training. We want to let them get into the flow of the season and then we try to pick just the right moment, in our opinion, to have them come up and make their major league debut.

"A major league debut is a sense of time and if it doesn't go quite the right way and if you don't put them in the right position to succeed, you can get in the way of their whole integration into the major leagues and it's something we take seriously. I've never once done it. I've never put a young prospect in a position to make his major league debut on Opening Day. Opening Day, when it is cold out and there is a lot of attention and even veteran players don't feel like themselves, they're not quite into the flow of the season yet.

"I've never done it and it's always been for baseball reasons. This is not a different situation than we've faced in the past, so let's make the best decision for the Chicago Cubs and for Kris Bryant's development."

If you watch the video on the page, it's really kind of an amazing soundbite, how clearly he lays out all of his talking points. If Theo gets bored with baseball, he could probably get into politics.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: March 25, 2015, 09:07:44 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2015, 08:33:36 PM

Quote"Beyond that, Scott has a forum and obviously people are publishing what he says. He has a job to do and he has a great client who is a fantastic kid. The person who is handling this with the most professionalism and maturity is Kris Bryant. I couldn't be more proud of how he is handling a very difficult situation. He is getting asked about it every day. He doesn't get to just go focus on playing the game; he is asked about this from all corners and he is handling himself in a way that makes the Cubs proud.

"As far as when Kris makes his major league debut and whether it will be part of this Opening Day roster, we haven't put that final roster together yet," Epstein said. "I can say this: This is my 13th time putting a team together at the end of spring training and I have never once put a young prospect on an Opening Day roster when he had to make his major league debut (with the exception of a Rule 5 player).

"We've broken in some pretty good young players over the years from Kevin Youkilis to Hanley Ramirez to Dustin Pedroia to Jacoby Ellsbury to Jon Lester to Jonathan Papelbon and we have always given them the benefit of getting into the season in the minor leagues and getting into a good rhythm whether that is on the mound or offensively or defensively and playing in games that count rather than just spring training. We want to let them get into the flow of the season and then we try to pick just the right moment, in our opinion, to have them come up and make their major league debut.

"A major league debut is a sense of time and if it doesn't go quite the right way and if you don't put them in the right position to succeed, you can get in the way of their whole integration into the major leagues and it's something we take seriously. I've never once done it. I've never put a young prospect in a position to make his major league debut on Opening Day. Opening Day, when it is cold out and there is a lot of attention and even veteran players don't feel like themselves, they're not quite into the flow of the season yet.

"I've never done it and it's always been for baseball reasons. This is not a different situation than we've faced in the past, so let's make the best decision for the Chicago Cubs and for Kris Bryant's development."

If you watch the video on the page, it's really kind of an amazing soundbite, how clearly he lays out all of his talking points. If Theo gets bored with baseball, he could probably get into politics.

SWOON

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: March 26, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2015, 08:33:36 PM

That's the most eloquent "fuck you" I've seen for a while.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: March 30, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »
Per MLB.com alert, Bryant has been reassigned to Minor League camp. Let the hot takes begin.

Meanwhile, Javier Baez has been optioned to Triple-A Iowa, which to me is the right call. Maybe he can pull off what Rizzo did, when he came up, stank, went back down, and established himself after his next call-up.

Update: Addison Russell also reassigned, but that's not a surprise.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: March 30, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »
Bryant was striking out at the same rate as Junior Lake, so clearly he's in need of some seasoning.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: March 30, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 30, 2015, 01:15:01 PM
Bryant was striking out at the same rate as Junior Lake, so clearly he's in need of some seasoning.

I bought some "beer, cheddar and bacon" seasoning at Mariano's yesterday because I'm making cheeseburgers tonight. I could of done without it, you see, but a little seasoning sometimes it's good for everybody!
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: March 30, 2015, 03:12:53 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 30, 2015, 01:35:51 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 30, 2015, 01:15:01 PM

I bought some "beer, cheddar and bacon" seasoning at Mariano's yesterday because I'm making cheeseburgers tonight. I could of done without it, you see, but a little seasoning sometimes it's good for everybody!

Why not buy actual beer cheddar and bacon, and season yourself?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16