News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,471 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 21, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2015, 08:19:02 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 21, 2015, 08:15:40 AM
Quote from: Bonk on April 21, 2015, 04:17:39 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2015, 09:00:45 PM
BUMP

By my amateur math (so probably wrong) Bryant at .429/.579/.571/1.150.

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

Had to love his taking 3rd on the throw to the plate on his double, and scoring on the error. If he weren't so tall, he might actually be gritty.

He's definitely a smart baserunner. Has taken the extra base every single time. Really the whole team has. As bizarre as it is to see the Cubs have good young hitters, to see them stealing bases and constantly taking extra bases without any TOOTBLANS is equally bizarre.

Yeah, good that he took third, but he hung himself out to dry by taking a big turn around third on the error by Cervelli. He got bailed out by two more errors, but I wouldn't say it was "definitely smart" base-running there.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #691 on: April 21, 2015, 08:32:34 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 21, 2015, 08:30:55 AM
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

Had to love his taking 3rd on the throw to the plate on his double, and scoring on the error. If he weren't so tall, he might actually be gritty.

He's definitely a smart baserunner. Has taken the extra base every single time. Really the whole team has. As bizarre as it is to see the Cubs have good young hitters, to see them stealing bases and constantly taking extra bases without any TOOTBLANS is equally bizarre.

Yeah, good that he took third, but he hung himself out to dry by taking a big turn around third on the error by Cervelli. He got bailed out by two more errors, but I wouldn't say it was "definitely smart" base-running there.

He was a little over-eager on the play but from what I've seen so far otherwise he seems pretty  heads-up out there.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #692 on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 21, 2015, 08:32:34 AM
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

He was a little over-eager on the play but from what I've seen so far otherwise he seems pretty  heads-up out there.

I definitely feel like he's been better than advertised in other aspects of his game that don't get as much attention as his hitting does.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #693 on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:52 AM »
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

Yeah that's fair. Taking third was smart, though, and he's repeatedly taken second/third on throws so far. On the Ryan Theriot Scale of Smart Baserunning he's Albert Einstein. Compared to other major leaguers he just got his degree in communications at least.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #694 on: April 21, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 21, 2015, 08:44:52 AM
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

Yeah that's fair. Taking third was smart, though, and he's repeatedly taken second/third on throws so far. On the Ryan Theriot Scale of Smart Baserunning he's Albert Einstein. Compared to other major leaguers he just got his degree in communications at least.

I don't know why we're giving guys hand jibbers for making the only correct play on throws to the plate. He got himself hung up because he overran third and didn't really have a chance to score because he stumbled around the bag. If the Pirates hadn't Panked that to death we'd be laughing about the big lug doing himself in like that. I appreciate his work with the bat. He looks roughly adequate at third though he's committed two errors there in four games.

I appreciate his work with the bat because it mitigates most of that. Plus he's a rookie with plenty of room to grow. But we can be honest and evaluate the rest of his game like he's a normal human being, even though he's far from that when standing in the batter's box.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 21, 2015, 09:26:49 AM
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

I don't know why we're giving guys hand jibbers for making the only correct play on throws to the plate. He got himself hung up because he overran third and didn't really have a chance to score because he stumbled around the bag. If the Pirates hadn't Panked that to death we'd be laughing about the big lug doing himself in like that. I appreciate his work with the bat. He looks roughly adequate at third though he's committed two errors there in four games.

I appreciate his work with the bat because it mitigates most of that. Plus he's a rookie with plenty of room to grow. But we can be honest and evaluate the rest of his game like he's a normal human being, even though he's far from that when standing in the batter's box.

Shut up, Paul. You're a douche.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #696 on: April 21, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

Are you doing anything later?  I thought maybe you'd like to go and get a drink?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #697 on: April 21, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 21, 2015, 11:36:18 AM
BUMP

Holy shit.

But no HR. He sucks.

Are you doing anything later?  I thought maybe you'd like to go and get a drink?

Can you get to Vauxhall this Friday?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #698 on: April 21, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
This is getting ridiculous. I haven't had this much fun watching the Cubs in at least 12 years -- maybe ever.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #699 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »
Since we're talking about his baserunning, he nearly hung himself out again tonight by taking a big turn around second. Luckily, Midgetface got confused and didn't throw him out.

But he was safe on that play at the plate. For realsies.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #700 on: April 21, 2015, 08:44:32 PM »
Joe West is a fucking piece of shit and Ray Charles is apparently handling replay reviews for MLB tonight. That was horseshit all around.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #701 on: April 21, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 21, 2015, 08:34:18 PM
Since we're talking about his baserunning, he nearly hung himself out again tonight by taking a big turn around second. Luckily, Midgetface got confused and didn't throw him out.

But he was safe on that play at the plate. For realsies.

Then he took third in the ninth on a real heads up play and ended up scoring because of it.

Kris Bryant is LIFE.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #702 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:37 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 21, 2015, 07:00:21 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I haven't had this much fun watching the Cubs in at least 12 years -- maybe ever.

2007 was a lot of fun.

Until October.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #703 on: April 22, 2015, 03:11:19 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2015, 08:44:32 PM
Joe West is a fucking piece of shit and Ray Charles is apparently handling replay reviews for MLB tonight. That was horseshit all around.

That's the second night on the spin that the Cubs have been hosed by the video replay retards.  And, as you so astutely point out, Joe West can go and fuck himself.  It's not about you, Joe.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #704 on: April 22, 2015, 08:23:28 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 22, 2015, 03:11:19 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2015, 08:44:32 PM

That's the second night on the spin that the Cubs have been hosed by the video replay retards.  And, as you so astutely point out, Joe West can go and fuck himself.  It's not about you, Joe.

Look, I just watched the replay of the replay on the MLB At Bat app. I really couldn't see anything conclusive that would tell me Bryant was safe. I want to believe that Cervelli whiffed on the tag on the back side of Bryant's legs and Bryant's shin got to the plate, but I really couldn't see if that actually happened.

I think the replay is inconclusive so the initial call has to stand.

I don't care, though. Cubs win.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"