News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fargo  ( 33,487 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fargo
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2015, 07:33:39 AM »
Just got caught up and I love everything about this season. The American Indian dude is my favorite. The entire Gerhardt Clan is phenomenal. Not one downer scene in this entire season.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2015, 09:09:48 AM »
Well, that escalated quickly.

I wonder if Kansas City will be sending a replacement for Joe Bulo or if this is now Milligan's show to run.

When I heard that Bruce Campbell was going to be playing Reagan, I thought maybe this was just a bit of showboating by the casting directors, but that bathroom scene between Ronnie and Lou was solid gold.

Dodd Gerhardt is the fucking worst.  I mean that in a good way, but I'm hoping that Bear does something bad to him.  I also can't stop wondering about the cast on Bear's arm.

Ted Danson is a national treasure.  I don't like the way things look for him in next week's preview though.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2015, 09:24:31 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 11, 2015, 09:09:48 AM

I wonder if Kansas City will be sending a replacement for Joe Bulo or if this is now Milligan's show to run.

When I heard that Bruce Campbell was going to be playing Reagan, I thought maybe this was just a bit of showboating by the casting directors, but that bathroom scene between Ronnie and Lou was solid gold.

Dodd Gerhardt is the fucking worst.  I mean that in a good way, but I'm hoping that Bear does something bad to him.  I also can't stop wondering about the cast on Bear's arm.

Ted Danson is a national treasure.  I don't like the way things look for him in next week's preview though.

It's crazy that Dodd's malicious haranguing of his daughter is as close as they've gotten to the problem that's going to get them all wiped out.

It would be kind of fun to root for Ed if not for Ed's wife, who is the horrible wife in this incarnation of Fargo. It's kind of like how on Justified there was always a bad guy and an EVIL guy for Raylon to contend with. You quickly got to discern which was which. On Fargo, there's always a horrible, terrible, awful, awful wife who either ruins everything or motivates her lackwit husband to do it.  

Landry went from unlikely football hero to sociopathic meth clan muscle to witless, but eminently capable butcher boy. May he always live in such interesting times. Great actor.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 11, 2015, 09:24:31 AM

Dodd Gerhardt is the fucking worst.  I mean that in a good way, but I'm hoping that Bear does something bad to him.  I also can't stop wondering about the cast on Bear's arm.

Ted Danson is a national treasure.  I don't like the way things look for him in next week's preview though.

It's crazy that Dodd's malicious haranguing of his daughter is as close as they've gotten to the problem that's going to get them all wiped out.

It would be kind of fun to root for Ed if not for Ed's wife, who is the horrible wife in this incarnation of Fargo. It's kind of like how on Justified there was always a bad guy and an EVIL guy for Raylon to contend with. You quickly got to discern which was which. On Fargo, there's always a horrible, terrible, awful, awful wife who either ruins everything or motivates her lackwit husband to do it.  

Landry went from unlikely football hero to sociopathic meth clan muscle to witless, but eminently capable butcher boy. May he always live in such interesting times. Great actor.

He had to have put on, what, 80 pounds between his Breaking Bad role and this one? That's what I call dedication.

I just hope there are at least half a dozen more Extremely Tense Standoffs involving Lou and/or Danson. Also I wonder when Sioux Falls is going to come into play, as that was the context in which Lou mentions this whole ordeal in season 1.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 11, 2015, 09:34:16 AM

He had to have put on, what, 80 pounds between his Breaking Bad role and this one? That's what I call dedication.

I just hope there are at least half a dozen more Extremely Tense Standoffs involving Lou and/or Danson. Also I wonder when Sioux Falls is going to come into play, as that was the context in which Lou mentions this whole ordeal in season 1.

My assumption until last night was that everyone would converge on Sioux Falls during Peggy's conference.  Now I'm not so sure, although she still might be dumb enough to try and attend.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2015, 08:18:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 11, 2015, 10:00:15 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 11, 2015, 09:34:16 AM

My assumption until last night was that everyone would converge on Sioux Falls during Peggy's conference.  Now I'm not so sure, although she still might be dumb enough to try and attend.

Everything about this show is incredibly incredible.
Massive Genius
Fat Todd
Sam Malone (see something here even for you Chuck)

Seriously, I yelled at the TV when the last episode ended because I wanted it to go on.
As good as last season was this is even better.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2015, 09:16:34 AM »
It's been over a week since somebody noted that this show is the flat-out tits. So: this show is the flat-out tits. Very curious to know the ultimate outcome of the Dodd-Peggy cattle prod incident in the basement.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »
"You're a little touched, aren't you?"

That whole Hank / Peggy conversation was entertaining as hell.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2015, 12:58:45 PM »
Quote from: flannj on November 20, 2015, 10:52:01 AM

"Great Caesar's ghost!"

More Karl Weathers please.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2015, 06:57:52 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 20, 2015, 12:58:45 PM

"Great Caesar's ghost!"

Finally caught myself up.

"You sure know a lot of words, Karl."

That was one of the most enjoyable hours of television I've ever seen. When the credits popped up, I cursed. I don't really know what else to say, other than to second all the comments above.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2015, 10:19:28 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 22, 2015, 06:57:52 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on November 20, 2015, 12:58:45 PM

"Great Caesar's ghost!"

Finally caught myself up.

"You sure know a lot of words, Karl."

That was one of the most enjoyable hours of television I've ever seen. When the credits popped up, I cursed. I don't really know what else to say, other than to second all the comments above.

I want to cosign this. Just caught up and so pissed it's over.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2015, 10:36:11 PM »
Jesus, I think I need a hug.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2015, 09:09:48 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 23, 2015, 10:36:11 PM
Jesus, I think I need a hug.

Only three. episodes. left.

I don't know what I'll do with myself. Mike Milligan owned this episode for me. Really enjoyed them setting up The Undertaker as though he were about to be a major player in the series and then ....

Even though I could see that coming it was no less fantastic the way they pulled it off. I'm actually rooting for Mike at this point, though I'm sure Lou will do for him if the K.C. mob doesn't get him first.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2015, 09:49:33 PM »
Jesus. This show.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2015, 11:55:39 PM »
"Are we going to talk or are you just going to quote the thesaurus at me?"

Yeah... Jesus. This show.