News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kyle SKOwarber Hulking Thread of Sploogepower  ( 71,303 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kyle SKOwarber Hulking Thread of Sploogepower
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/AceballStats/status/631933213061963776

QuoteKyle Schwarber is the youngest #Cubs player with multiple multi-HR games in a season since Ron Santo in 1961.

Somewhere, Pen is screaming at Ace of MLB Stats to stop wishing for Schwarber to lose his legs.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2015, 04:04:24 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 13, 2015, 03:58:59 PM

I can't fucking believe this guy.

I've missed a lot of commercials watching his homers over and over and over again.  So fucking beautiful.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2015, 04:41:13 PM »
This dude is basically doing what we all hoped (but never really admitted) Bryant would do when he was called up. Good god.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 04:41:13 PM
This dude is basically doing what we all hoped (but never really admitted) Bryant would do when he was called up. Good god.

I get what you mean but your phrasing makes it sound like 8th in the NL in WAR As A Rookie Kris Bryant (who has a 1.263 OPS in the last week btw) is some kind of let down. Let's just thank the Gods for being doubly blessed, K?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2015, 04:56:01 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 04:41:13 PM

I get what you mean but your phrasing makes it sound like 8th in the NL in WAR As A Rookie Kris Bryant (who has a 1.263 OPS in the last week btw) is some kind of let down. Let's just thank the Gods for being doubly blessed, K?

Don't worry, I'm not casting aspersions on Bryant and I would think I wouldn't need to point out that he's been the complete opposite of a let down. He's had an amazing year - he's a ridiculously good baserunner, defense hasn't been as bad as expected, and obviously he's done great offensively as well. Kyle is just putting up the HOLY SHIT offensive numbers weeks into his call-up that I thought we might get from Bryant. It helps that his callup happened to coincide with the weather warming up whereas Kris had to suffer through the cold wet despair known as April through June in Chicago.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
The Cubs have had three players from Indiana University since I graduated in 1997: Kevin Orie, Mickey Morandini and Kyle Schwarber.

Additionally, the Bulls had A.J. Guyton in a couple Tim Floyd seasons, the Bears employed Adewale Ogunleye for a few years and the Chicago Fire had Dema Kovalenko.

In the dark ages, the Bears drafted but did not sign George Taliafero, the White Sox rented Ted Kluszewski and the Bulls drafted Scott May.

Schwarber has a chance to be at least as good as any of them.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 13, 2015, 06:01:18 PM
The Cubs have had three players from Indiana University since I graduated in 1997: Kevin Orie, Mickey Morandini and Kyle Schwarber.

Additionally, the Bulls had A.J. Guyton in a couple Tim Floyd seasons, the Bears employed Adewale Ogunleye for a few years and the Chicago Fire had Dema Kovalenko.

In the dark ages, the Bears drafted but did not sign George Taliafero, the White Sox rented Ted Kluszewski and the Bulls drafted Scott May.

I'd love for him to rock the Big Klu sleveless look.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: August 13, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 13, 2015, 07:17:12 PM

Did I actually make the joke that you were going to use Kluczewski as your next Schwarber comp or are you just that much of a Fork?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: August 13, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 13, 2015, 07:54:52 PM

Did I actually make the joke that you were going to use Kluczewski as your next Schwarber comp or are you just that much of a Fork?

Well, since he can't wear a "Sun's Out Guns Out" shirt for a game, this would be the next best thing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: August 13, 2015, 08:55:56 PM »

I think he already is. Although Mickey has him beat in longevity and ratty '90s mullet hair.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: August 13, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »

Schwarber will never be half the player that The Mick was.  Never.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »

Let's go with Smead Jolley

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 14, 2015, 08:33:58 AM

Let's go with Smead Jolley

He's the best Cub catcher since at least Harry Chiti, who Bert Wilson said looked like a young Gabby Hartnett.
TIME TO POST!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 09:04:57 PM

Has there ever been a worse nickname than "Dandy Little Glove Man"?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 14, 2015, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 09:04:57 PM

Has there ever been a worse nickname than "Dandy Little Glove Man"?

I'm pretty sure Derrick May's nickname was "Derrick".