News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!  ( 33,422 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on July 10, 2014, 10:32:31 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 10, 2014, 10:03:33 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 10, 2014, 09:31:17 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 10, 2014, 09:11:39 AM
So Garpax's precious FLEXIBILITY is going to net the Bulls...34 year old Pau Gasol...if they're lucky? Awesome.

This front office isn't necessarily bad, they're just so ... lame.

Gasol is a marginally better Boozer, offensively. Just as bad defensively. Less annoying (much more lovable) and doesn't need spray paint for his hair.

He's a guy I wouldn't mind rooting for but it does zero for me making the Bulls a much better team.

This sucks.

Holy shit. No. He's more than marginally better than Boozer.

What numbers say he's much better than Boozer - not being a dick. Would love to hear your feedback.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on July 10, 2014, 11:59:32 AM
So Garpax's precious FLEXIBILITY is going to net the Bulls...34 year old Pau Gasol...if they're lucky? Awesome.

Gasol is a marginally better Boozer, offensively. Just as bad defensively. Less annoying (much more lovable) and doesn't need spray paint for his hair.

He's a guy I wouldn't mind rooting for but it does zero for me making the Bulls a much better team.

This sucks.

What numbers say he's much better than Boozer - not being a dick. Would love to hear your feedback.

It's not the numbers.  It's the letters that spell Lakers on the front of his jersey so he has to be good.  At least that's what Apex knows from watching the NBA for 3 years
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

This sucks.

I don't have a ton of time to research this but here is a shot chart for Boozer for 2012-13.

That let's you know WHERE his 13-16 points per game. And if you've watched him, you know his post game has forsaken him. So unless it's something around the goal off a rebound or a pass from a teammate, he's shooting low-percentage midrange jumpers. Not what you want from your power forward unless he's LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh.

Here's a Gasol shot chart from the same season:

He spaces the floor like a Bosh. He also passes the ball much better than Boozer and TWO CHAMMENSHIP RANGZ MOFUCKA!!!!

Smarter people with more internet time could do better. But there's my two cents.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on July 10, 2014, 12:45:54 PM

This sucks.

I don't have a ton of time to research this but here is a shot chart for Boozer for 2012-13.

That let's you know WHERE his 13-16 points per game. And if you've watched him, you know his post game has forsaken him. So unless it's something around the goal off a rebound or a pass from a teammate, he's shooting low-percentage midrange jumpers. Not what you want from your power forward unless he's LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh.

He spaces the floor like a Bosh. He also passes the ball much better than Boozer and TWO CHAMMENSHIP RANGZ MOFUCKA!!!!

Smarter people with more internet time could do better. But there's my two cents.

Sorry - I'm not seeing this here.

Looks like Boozer is taking about 45% of his shots right by the basket, which looks pretty consistent with that 2nd Gasol chart. I counted 17/45 shots (purple circles) being right in the paint (42.5%).

If you want to say Gasol is a better passer, that's fine and fair. 

But Gasol has also averaged 58 games/season over the past 3 years and Boozer has averaged 74, so that feels important too.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on July 10, 2014, 12:55:54 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on July 10, 2014, 12:45:54 PM

This sucks.

Sorry - I'm not seeing this here.

Looks like Boozer is taking about 45% of his shots right by the basket, which looks pretty consistent with that 2nd Gasol chart. I counted 17/45 shots (purple circles) being right in the paint (42.5%).

If you want to say Gasol is a better passer, that's fine and fair. 

But Gasol has also averaged 58 games/season over the past 3 years and Boozer has averaged 74, so that feels important too.

Ok, I don't have numbers that tell me that Gasol is guarded by opponents' best post defenders and Boozer is rarely respected and gets a lot of, "Oh, yeah. He can make that if you don't guard him, bro" shots.

The injury history is valid but Booz has not been a picture of health since signing that deal. So we can agree to disagree but I will argue until I'm blue in the face that an opposing team must account for Pau on defense and Boozer is a fucking turd.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 17, 2013, 02:25:58 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 17, 2013, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 17, 2013, 02:19:56 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2013, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 17, 2013, 01:17:23 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 17, 2013, 12:53:34 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2013, 08:50:20 AM
Quote from: morpheus on April 15, 2013, 08:46:53 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2013, 08:26:55 AM
... I'm feeling some meatball-esque irrtation as it becomes more clear how long this rebuilding process is going to take. But hey, every chance to win is sacred and all that, right?

Depends on what you mean by "a chance."

I guess we know what Theo meant by it.

What's your particular beef - with the moves they made (or didn't make) this offseason, or something else?

Basically, this thread is not for well-informed opinions so I don't really have much to offer. I just wish the team wasn't so terrible and that the short-term outlook was better. My irrational concern is that Theo will get too wrapped up in the purity of his farm/draft rebuild effort and not want to sign free agents or trade for bigger names and they'll still be a .500-or-worse ballclub in 2015.

This is based on absolutely nothing.

If the Cubs are going to suck anyway, why throw good money after bad? Also, in order to get any decent players to want to swim in this cesspool of bad ballplayers, they'd need to give them long-term deals that would eventually block younger players from moving up.

I don't think you'll still see the Kevin Greggs of the world around here next year. 2014 will be the March to .500.

If 2014 is about watching the top prospects (we know the names) sink or swim at the top level and evaluating them before filling in the gaps through trade/free agency for 2015, I'll be satisfied with the timeline. That means, I don't care if they're at or around .500 next year but by 2015, they'd better be or else, I don't know, go Heat.

Won't LeBron be back in Cleveland by then?

No.

YUP

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2014, 11:27:27 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 17, 2013, 02:25:58 PM
Quote from: CT III on April 17, 2013, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 17, 2013, 02:19:56 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2013, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 17, 2013, 01:17:23 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 17, 2013, 12:53:34 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2013, 08:50:20 AM
Quote from: morpheus on April 15, 2013, 08:46:53 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2013, 08:26:55 AM
... I'm feeling some meatball-esque irrtation as it becomes more clear how long this rebuilding process is going to take. But hey, every chance to win is sacred and all that, right?

Depends on what you mean by "a chance."

I guess we know what Theo meant by it.

What's your particular beef - with the moves they made (or didn't make) this offseason, or something else?

Basically, this thread is not for well-informed opinions so I don't really have much to offer. I just wish the team wasn't so terrible and that the short-term outlook was better. My irrational concern is that Theo will get too wrapped up in the purity of his farm/draft rebuild effort and not want to sign free agents or trade for bigger names and they'll still be a .500-or-worse ballclub in 2015.

This is based on absolutely nothing.

If the Cubs are going to suck anyway, why throw good money after bad? Also, in order to get any decent players to want to swim in this cesspool of bad ballplayers, they'd need to give them long-term deals that would eventually block younger players from moving up.

I don't think you'll still see the Kevin Greggs of the world around here next year. 2014 will be the March to .500.

If 2014 is about watching the top prospects (we know the names) sink or swim at the top level and evaluating them before filling in the gaps through trade/free agency for 2015, I'll be satisfied with the timeline. That means, I don't care if they're at or around .500 next year but by 2015, they'd better be or else, I don't know, go Heat.

Won't LeBron be back in Cleveland by then?

No.

YUP

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

*backs out of thread*

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Mods, please shut this thread down as the initial question has been answered.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
*sips wine in a warm bath while re-reading all of Apex's retweets over the past few days*

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on July 11, 2014, 11:41:45 AM
*sips wine in a warm bath while re-reading all of Apex's retweets over the past few days*

If that's fun for you you're AN IDITO.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on July 11, 2014, 11:47:11 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 11, 2014, 11:41:45 AM

If that's fun for you you're AN IDITO.

I never said otherwise.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
As a placeholder until Morph gets here...

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: @internetapex Jul 10
When @shaq said "Master of Panic" he might well have been talking about yall. I love you but you people are insane. The king stays. Watch.

Quote from: @internetapex Jul 9
What if LeBron leaves and I just don't? People would stop calling me a bandwagon fan, but I never cared about that. The @cavs, man.... man.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on July 11, 2014, 11:57:48 AM
As a placeholder until Morph gets here...

Nicely done.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

So my DECISION is this. I'll be following the Cavs, Heat, Rockets (expecting Bosh decision), Celtics (Brad Stevens coaches there) and fuck it, why not, the Knicks next season.

In my lifetime, I've called each of those teams my favorite. I don't really feel like picking one right now, although LeBron remains my favorite player (yay.) Maybe one of them will pick me. I don't know.

I need about four months to process this.