News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!  ( 33,425 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on July 11, 2014, 03:18:19 PM
Maybe I'm dumb here, but no thanks.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on July 11, 2014, 04:02:40 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 11, 2014, 03:53:40 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on July 11, 2014, 03:18:19 PM
Maybe I'm dumb here, but no thanks.

CHAYLLENGE AYCCENTED, MY FRENT

Accent'd.

Seriously though, if he comes here I'll go to games and rock the peediddlysnot out of his shirsey.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2014, 08:34:43 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 16, 2014, 08:22:43 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 15, 2014, 07:22:46 PM
Go #whitebasketball.

Literally more white dudes than the 1954 Hickory Huskers.

Jesse Jackson just threatened to shut them down if they didn't address the situation.

Spike Lee just threw a trash can through a window of the Berto Center.

Even the 1986 Celtics are like, "What?"

----

But seriously, I don't see anything not to like about this Bulls team. I consider myself a man without a country at the moment and I'm hoping to go see a couple games this year. I'm really intrigued by Mirotic and I can't wait to see what Rose brings to the table after this surgery. Butthurt level: sinking.

TOO LATE!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2014, 08:47:57 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 16, 2014, 08:34:43 AM
Go #whitebasketball.

Jesse Jackson just threatened to shut them down if they didn't address the situation.

----

But seriously, I don't see anything not to like about this Bulls team. I consider myself a man without a country at the moment and I'm hoping to go see a couple games this year. I'm really intrigued by Mirotic and I can't wait to see what Rose brings to the table after this surgery. Butthurt level: sinking.

TOO LATE!

Relax. I'm not buying a shirsey. I just want to go to a game and not root against the home team. In fact, if they're playing Indiana or the Lakers, I'll stand up and clap when they dunk.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 16, 2014, 08:47:57 AM
Go #whitebasketball.

----

TOO LATE!

Relax. I'm not buying a shirsey. I just want to go to a game and not root against the home team. In fact, if they're playing Indiana or the Lakers, I'll stand up and clap when they dunk.

Just gonna go with you you have?

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Go #whitebasketball.

----

TOO LATE!

A lot of the Bulls bloggers seem mentally worn out by this front office and org. and I can't blame them. But this team sounds really fun.

The unfortunate thing is we have to assume health and Noah will miss a good chunk of time as usual. I actually think Rose gets through the whole season.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 11:14:21 AM
Go #whitebasketball.

----

TOO LATE!

A lot of the Bulls bloggers seem mentally worn out by this front office and org. and I can't blame them. But this team sounds really fun.

The unfortunate thing is we have to assume health and Noah will miss a good chunk of time as usual. I actually think Rose gets through the whole season.

A lot of the success this year will be on Thibs. If he can get players rest instead of grinding out every regular season game, the Bulls could be competitive in the playoffs. Gasol is 34, he doesn't need to be playing every minute of every game. There is no need for Rose to play the entire game every game either. Thibs also needs to get Mirotic, Dougie and Snell regular minutes, to take some of the load off other players. 

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 16, 2014, 11:29:26 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 16, 2014, 11:14:21 AM
Go #whitebasketball.

----

TOO LATE!

A lot of the success this year will be on Thibs. If he can get players rest instead of grinding out every regular season game, the Bulls could be competitive in the playoffs. Gasol is 34, he doesn't need to be playing every minute of every game. There is no need for Rose to play the entire game every game either. Thibs also needs to get Mirotic, Dougie and Snell regular minutes, to take some of the load off other players. 

For the first time since he starting coaching here, Thibs actually has bench players that can play meaningful minutes and not lose the game for them.  They could conceivably go 10 deep and have quality (depending obviously on that foreign guy, McBuckets, and Snell being good) NBA talent in the game.  He couldn't play Erik Murphy or whatever bums the last few years b/c then they'd just lose every game.  Thibs and the team didn't want to tank, which they probably should have just done, but once they decided to win as many games as they could, they had to go with the 7 man rotation and play starts a shitton of minutes.  He had to have learned from watching the Spurs that once you have guys good enough to put in and actually play well, resting the starters is a must. 

Now it'll bring all the Fros out of the woodworks and say that if he had rested his starters the last few years Rose wouldn't have gotten hurt ever and they'd have won the chammienship or something.  But whatevs.  As long as pex doesn't turn into a Bulls fan when they're going to win the East, it's all good this year.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »
Yay. I'm looking forward to rooting for the Cavs about as much as I would eating a vegetarian WeightWatchers TV dinner. Throwing in Love is like chopping up a hot dog and throwing it in. I'll probably feel better once I see them play a few times but right now I just don't really care.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2014, 04:01:34 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 05, 2014, 03:49:46 PM
Yay. I'm looking forward to rooting for the Cavs about as much as I would eating a vegetarian WeightWatchers TV dinner. Throwing in Love is like chopping up a hot dog and throwing it in. I'll probably feel better once I see them play a few times but right now I just don't really care.

I'm confused - now that the Cavs are getting Kevin Love you're NOT gonna root for them?

Is it because you hate when teams put together a bunch of big stars? 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

You know it's possible to not switch every year to a new team to root for?  You can pick one and stick with it forever if you want.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 04:41:57 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 05, 2014, 04:01:34 PM

I'm confused - now that the Cavs are getting Kevin Love you're NOT gonna root for them?

That's not what I meant. I mean I'm going to root for them but I'm not excited about it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2014, 08:36:57 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 05, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on August 05, 2014, 04:01:34 PM

That's not what I meant. I mean I'm going to root for them but I'm not excited about it.

Prepare to not be excited?  Or be excited that the team you chose to root for this year now is stacked?  Or keep rooting for the Heat again?  I'm not sure what team you're switching to follow and be a fan of this year, but Kevin Love is going to the Cavs.