News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!  ( 33,316 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014-2015: Apex's Mark Price Shirsey Returns!
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 30, 2014, 02:14:16 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 30, 2014, 12:29:07 PM
Quote from: Slaky on October 30, 2014, 08:02:13 AM
The Bulls looking good - the Knicks looking HORRID

And that's without Jimmy Butler.

Excited for this team - really deep group.

Aaron Brooks D.J. Augustine John Lucas The Turd was a really nice pick up. Not sure why it didn't get much press.

That's the latest in a line of streaky midgets to excel in the Derrick Rose role in Thibs' system. It's a thing. It didn't get press because Brooks isn't good. But he could fuck around and get himself PAID after this stint.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 02:39:34 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 30, 2014, 02:36:32 PM
Is it too early to think Thibs has changed and now will give players more rest? Noah and Rose weren't overworked last night.

Bulls scribes have reported that those two are on a strict minutes diet of between 30-35 per. I wonder if he'd get in trouble for violating that.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
Is it too early to think Thibs has changed and now will give players more rest? Noah and Rose weren't overworked last night.

I don't think Thibs changed.  He actually has a bunch of good bench guys that can play with some other teams' starters, so he's confident in playing them extended minutes.  He wants to win even if it means running his starters into the ground, but he might not have to do that this year b/c they're more than a legit 7 guys deep
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 30, 2014, 02:40:18 PM

I don't think Thibs changed.  He actually has a bunch of good bench guys that can play with some other teams' starters, so he's confident in playing them extended minutes.  He wants to win even if it means running his starters into the ground, but he might not have to do that this year b/c they're more than a legit 7 guys deep

Thibs ran guys into the ground with the original Bench Mob teams too though, so I don't think it's a matter of depth. He's just an insane person.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:24 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 30, 2014, 02:51:17 PM

Thibs ran guys into the ground with the original Bench Mob teams too though, so I don't think it's a matter of depth. He's just an insane person.

well tdubbs probably just read that off the internet or something because he doesn't have inside sources or anything.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2014, 03:21:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 30, 2014, 03:19:24 PM

well tdubbs probably just read that off the internet or something because he doesn't have inside sources or anything.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
nice rack.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2014, 04:00:34 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 30, 2014, 03:27:48 PM
nice rack.

Funny, he doesn't look Asian...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 30, 2014, 03:21:40 PM

Outside the fact SKO doesn't appear to wear glasses, I find the resemblance uncanny.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 31, 2014, 08:03:21 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 30, 2014, 03:21:40 PM

Outside the fact SKO doesn't appear to wear glasses, I find the resemblance uncanny.

Hair is off, too.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2015, 02:22:53 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 13, 2014, 09:21:06 AM
Preeeeeeeediction time!!!!! I didn't do too badly last year and here goes:

East
1. Cleveland - They may struggle out of the box to find an identity and learn the system, accept roles. But that may be to their advantage later as they will have to play hard in the dog days to achieve consistency. And I just don't really like any other team's roster enough to pick them first.
2. Washington - This will no longer be a young, inexperienced team. They picked up Pierce who, if nothing else will give them some much-needed perspective and professionalism.
3. Toronto. - Just too much talent not to finish in the top half of this conference.
4. Chicago - I'm putting them here because I have absolutely no idea what this team is. Nobody does. I expect they'll play hard no matter what so ... 4th.
5. Charlotte - If healthy, Al Jefferson will take a huge step forward and make the all-star team. They're the Hornets now so the huge dark cloud of suck that hovered over them may be gone, at least psychologically. I think that's good for a two spot jump in the conference.
6. Atlanta - I would have picked them higher if not for the Danny Ferry fuckery. This franchise was pointed in the right direction and seemed like it had a solid plan moving forward. All of that might have been undone this past offseason and the new leadership might tear it all down.
7. Miami - Wade is terrible now. Bosh will have inflated stats and provide some entertainment. Deng will ably replace LeBron DEFENSIVELY but... who scores on this team besides Bosh? I retain enough faith in Riley and Spoelstra to believe this won't be a complete leper colonization but I don't know, it might be.
8. Brooklyn - Somebody has to be the 8th seed and of the teams who could qualify, the Nets are the only ones who actually figure to want it. Detroit, Milwaukee and Boston should be tanking. New York may have enough to go out in a blaze of 9th place glory. Indiana really should be phoning this season in and I think Larry Bird is smart enough to know that. Their only hope is a triumphant return of Roy Hibbert as an offensive threat. If that happens, they could stupidly win the 8th seed or better.

EASTERN FINALS:
Cleveland over Washington

WESTERN FINALS:
San Antonio over Golden State

NBA FINALS:
San Antonio over Cleveland

FINALS MVP:
Kawhi Leonard

NBA MVP: LeBron James

Coach of the year: Dave Blatt

BUMP.

Current standings:

1. Atlanta
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Chicago
5. Cleveland
6. Milwaukee
7. Miami
8. Brooklyn

Atlanta didn't get derailed by the offseason Ferry clusterfuck or the sale of the team and Budenholtzer is a fucking wizard. Cleveland has dealt with injuries and moving pieces so they're stuck on stupid for several more weeks it looks like. Milwaukee has overcome the loss of Jabari Parker nicely enough to rise above the horseshit in the East. Jason Kidd knows what the fuck he's doing, it turns out. Charlotte? Jesus Christ. I don't know.

David Blatt and LeBron will have to get on their fucking horses to make any of my postseason predictions come true. But, yeah. Go me.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2015, 03:48:51 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 20, 2015, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on October 13, 2014, 09:21:06 AM
Preeeeeeeediction time!!!!! I didn't do too badly last year and here goes:

East
1. Cleveland - They may struggle out of the box to find an identity and learn the system, accept roles. But that may be to their advantage later as they will have to play hard in the dog days to achieve consistency. And I just don't really like any other team's roster enough to pick them first.
2. Washington - This will no longer be a young, inexperienced team. They picked up Pierce who, if nothing else will give them some much-needed perspective and professionalism.
3. Toronto. - Just too much talent not to finish in the top half of this conference.
4. Chicago - I'm putting them here because I have absolutely no idea what this team is. Nobody does. I expect they'll play hard no matter what so ... 4th.
5. Charlotte - If healthy, Al Jefferson will take a huge step forward and make the all-star team. They're the Hornets now so the huge dark cloud of suck that hovered over them may be gone, at least psychologically. I think that's good for a two spot jump in the conference.
6. Atlanta - I would have picked them higher if not for the Danny Ferry fuckery. This franchise was pointed in the right direction and seemed like it had a solid plan moving forward. All of that might have been undone this past offseason and the new leadership might tear it all down.
7. Miami - Wade is terrible now. Bosh will have inflated stats and provide some entertainment. Deng will ably replace LeBron DEFENSIVELY but... who scores on this team besides Bosh? I retain enough faith in Riley and Spoelstra to believe this won't be a complete leper colonization but I don't know, it might be.
8. Brooklyn - Somebody has to be the 8th seed and of the teams who could qualify, the Nets are the only ones who actually figure to want it. Detroit, Milwaukee and Boston should be tanking. New York may have enough to go out in a blaze of 9th place glory. Indiana really should be phoning this season in and I think Larry Bird is smart enough to know that. Their only hope is a triumphant return of Roy Hibbert as an offensive threat. If that happens, they could stupidly win the 8th seed or better.

EASTERN FINALS:
Cleveland over Washington

WESTERN FINALS:
San Antonio over Golden State

NBA FINALS:
San Antonio over Cleveland

FINALS MVP:
Kawhi Leonard

NBA MVP: LeBron James

Coach of the year: Dave Blatt

BUMP.

Current standings:

1. Atlanta
2. Washington
3. Toronto
4. Chicago
5. Cleveland
6. Milwaukee
7. Miami
8. Brooklyn

Atlanta didn't get derailed by the offseason Ferry clusterfuck or the sale of the team and Budenholtzer is a fucking wizard. Cleveland has dealt with injuries and moving pieces so they're stuck on stupid for several more weeks it looks like. Milwaukee has overcome the loss of Jabari Parker nicely enough to rise above the horseshit in the East. Jason Kidd knows what the fuck he's doing, it turns out. Charlotte? Jesus Christ. I don't know.

David Blatt and LeBron will have to get on their fucking horses to make any of my postseason predictions come true. But, yeah. Go me.

Bumped with one month left in the regular season.

Eastern Standings.

1. Atlanta --
2. Cleveland - 11
3. Toronto - 13
4. Chicago - 13.5
5. Washington - 14
6. Milwaukee - 18.5
7. Indiana - 22.5
8. Miami - 22.5
9. Boston - 22.5

10.Charlotte - 23.0

Psssh... Whatever.

I would change Toronto to Atlanta losing to Cleveland in the conference finals. Curry is your MVP, Kerr is coach of the year.

I'm staying with the Spurs as my pick to win it all. When they're on they're still the best all-around team in the sport and Leonard keeps getting better and meaner and nastier. Until I see them walk off the court defeated, that's my still my pick.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
So after guessing none of the Eastern Playoff seeds correct I shall now do that thing where I guess the entire Playoffs correctly. This time I'm going to do the West as well and I'm sure I'll get it completely wrong because I don't stay up late enough to see those teams play against one another very often.

East:

1. Atlanta over 8. Brooklyn 4-0.
2. Cleveland over 7. Boston 4-0.
3. Chicago over 6. Milwaukee 4-1.
4. Toronto over 5. Washington 4-2.

1. Atlanta over 4. Toronto 4-2.
2. Cleveland over 3. Chicago 4-0.

2. Cleveland over 1. Atlanta 4-2.

West

1. Golden State over 8. New Orleans 4-0.
7. Dallas over 2. Houston 4-2.
5. Memphis over 4. Portland 4-3.
6. San Antonio over 3. L.A. Clippers 4-3.

1. Golden State over 5. Memphis 4-2
6. San Antonio over 7. Dallas 4-3.

6. San Antonio over 1. Golden State 4-2.  

FINALS

Spurs over Cavs 4-2

Finals MVP
K. Leonard.

EDIT: Cavs sweep Bulls. I was being nice but fuck that.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
Can JD come back and tell us how slow James Harden is and how bad a draft pick he was?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2015, 02:01:40 PM »
The Cavs will definitely beat the Bulls but the Bucks are about to get slapped back to earth. It'll be fun, for a minute.