News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 3 Days to Kill  ( 2,006 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
3 Days to Kill
« on: July 02, 2014, 02:51:15 AM »
What a weird fucking movie.  I'm still not sure whether this was a comedy, thriller or action flick, and I'm not sure the director (McG) was, either.  Costner is watchable, Amber Heard is hot as dick and there are one or two quite nice action scenes, but then there's quite a lot of Hallmark-style family drama, and a hokey feel-good ending thrown in.  The villains are laughably generic and one-dimensional, and the use of coincidence as a plot device really, REALLY stretches belief - Paris is a fucking big place, y'all.  There is a moderately amusing running gag with a bloke in a car boot, but it doesn't really belong in this film.

All in all, it's like "Taken" meets one of those shitty nineties action comedies, but with Costner playing it straight instead of Schwarzenegger hamming it up.  Very odd.

(Needed more Dane Cook, clearly.)
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 3 Days to Kill
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:25:08 PM »
Tonk - we saw this and I wish I'd remembered you posted. What a horrible movie. I hated it.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 3 Days to Kill
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:44:11 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 02, 2014, 02:51:15 AM
Costner is watchable

Is there more or less baseball in this than Waterworld?